The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

Sorry, s1n1st3r. I caught you late. We'll give you plenty of warning for the 1960s list, whenever that winds up being due (probably early next year). And at least watch the reveal of the group list, see how many of your choices make it, and where they place.

Thanks!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Forgot about the short lists being submitted.

99*
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

This was my list bar 5 entries if anyone was interested... too bad

Chinatown 1
Star Wars Ep IV 2
Jaws 3
The Outlaw Josey Wales 4
Halloween 5
Rocky 6
Alien 7
Deliverance 8
Taxi Driver 9
The Spy who loved me 10
Bedknobs and Broomsticks 11
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 12
The Warriors 13
Dirty Harry 14
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 15
The Exorcist 16
One flew over the cuckoos nest 17
Mean Streets 18
The Deer Hunter 19
The Towering Inferno 20
No foreign films? I don't approve. One flew, Star Wars and The Outlaw Josey Wales are the best outta these.

Yeah awesome job, a few weeks ago I think we were on like 30-40 lists and when Holden said he wanted 100 I thought he was crazy, but nope... incredible stuff and I can't wait for this to start

Same here, I thought Holden was dreaming shooting for that many. I think it has a whole lot to do with him that their is so much participation. Hats off to you, Holden.

Normally I do not do "lists" it is usually too tough for me and then I re-think it and get mad for not having a certain film on there. This list was fun however and even though I am re-thinking a little already it brought up some good memories of growing up and made me want to watch some movies that I have not seen in a very long time.

A system of cells interlinked
@ Minio - Not a fan of Chinatown?

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
99 Mofo lists on the wall, 99 Mofo lists.

This should be good. A great decade of film and a very large selection of lists. I expect a few surprises, but the larger number of lists could equate to the early favourites having a better chance.

Reviews

You've officially got 100 lists now.

Just count my list as a joint list with my mother, Sexy Mommy.

Since she's my mother, we've both seen the same '70s things and like them all equally.

Just mark it off as "Sexy Celebrity / Sexy Mommy." Two people.

So, congratulations. You got exactly 100 lists. YAY!