Movie a Day by the Bay

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Watch 2, which is actually pretty good. Avoid Jaws: The Revenge.
The tagline for Jaws: The Revenge should have been "Just when you thought it was safe to go to the theaters again" instead of "This time it's personal".

Yep, I was in the theatre with those chintzy glasses.
Me too. Well, my mates front room watching a pirated copy, but still in 3D with the glasses.

Zombeavers (Jordan Rubin, 2014) - Proper rating:

Enjoyment rating:

I had a lot of fun with this one. It's no good, but it knows it, and it ends up being hilarious. The dialogue especially had me in stitches. Nothing special ultimately, but if you want a "so-bad-its-good" movie to sit back and relax with, there are definitely worse movies you could go with. Also love how they twisted up the "final girl" trope.

Demons (Lamberto Bava, 1985) -
+

Mario Bava's son directed and, along with Dario Argento and the terrific Dardano Sacchetti, wrote the script. It's a more over-the-top horror flick, that gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on. But it's a blast. I especially loved the ending.

Demons is one of the best Italian Horror that I've seen! Rep for that

Sorry Swan, I posted that in your thread instead of the chill club when I had both open in tabs. I haven't seen your latest but still Zombeavers
I was thinking, how random, is Camo drunk again?

Demons is among the films I want to watch when I get more time to further explore Italian horror.
Yeah check it out, it's quite fun.

There's a couple I saw at the movies when they came out; Jaws 3 which sucked, and Demons, which I saw at a little independent theater and I loved it. Watched The Burning a couple months back on your rec and thought it was very good, and I also enjoyed Zombeavers.

Jaws 3-D is indeed awful. Not as awful as Revenge though.

And daaamn, I have to get around The Burning asap! Ever since I found out this was the slasher that my mom saw as a teen but couldn't remember the name of for years (until recently), I've been meaning to watch it. I have it, but still haven't seen it yet. Better get a move on, I'm tired of being reminded of it all the time.

Ant-Man (Peyton Reed, 2015) -
+

The first 20 or so minutes of this movie - before Lang dawns the suit - were f*cking awful. I was ready to give it a
and call it the worst Marvel movie yet (saying something because I'm not a big fan of Marvel or superhero movies). Thankfully, after he dawned the suit and the ant stuff began, I really got into it and quite enjoyed myself. I agree with seanc in that the action saved this movie. Before that, it seemed to be going for straight-up comedy and didn't really feel right. But after things got going, the characters seemed to improve (my favorite was Evangeline Lilly) and I just had a good time. Good job Marvel, you've now made two films I like.

Master of My Domain
It is impossible to not like Guardians of the Galaxy, even if you aren't a Marvel fan.

I hated Guardians of the Galaxy. I turned it off two thirds of the way through because it was so boring.
I'll take "Things you'd expect HK to say" for a thousand, please Alex.