MoFo Fantasy Football - Week 11

Tools    

Good luck on your game vs Sedais' Replicants Yoda I think youll need it.
You can say that again. I'm pretty sure Forte is going to completely destroy me. I'll need every last point I can get. So, out of the three decisions I have (Ben or Thigpen, Colston or Ward, and whether or not Grant plays over Addai, Slaton, or the swing slot), I figure I need to get at least two -- maybe all three -- correct, to have a fighting chance.

A system of cells interlinked
TONGO - Early reports on Jacobs today have him listed as not practicing. That said, another newspaper reported they saw him taking practice passes on the sidelines, and jogging on the knee a bit, so he may very well go this weekend. Really, it all comes down to whether or not his knee sweels up again after putting pressure on it today.

Here's the thing. This is an old injury from last season, and although Jacobs is downplaying the injury as nothing serious, he ran into trouble last season around Playoff time because he didn't take his injury seriously. He thinks he is completely good to go. Alas, with The Giants dominating the way they are, I have a feeling their coach will give him a limited workload, or maybe even sit him this week if there is ANY indication of the knee relapsing tomorrow after a small workload today.

Coughlin will want Jacobs at full strength for the NFL playoffs, and with not one, but two dependable back-ups, he very well might sit him this week. Keep a close eye on the guy up through Friday's practice. I may play Ward regardless, because I have a feeling Jacobs will split carries if he does play. Ward is the better receiver, too, and this being PPR...

Yoda: I am indeed hoping Forte runs ALL over the pitiful Rams defense. Gore smashed them last week. Gore plays The Cowboys, whose defense seems to get worse each week. I need both of those guys to go off with my swing as weak as it has been... Manning seems to be back on track, with a solid 7 TDs and 0 INTs over the past three weeks. I hope he keeps it up this week...

Other News:

TO is down and out with a serious flu, and will most likely miss this week's game.

Brian Westbrook is "seriously hurt" and will be out for multiple weeks, it seems.

Thanks for the heads up Sedai. I benched Jacobs soon as I heard as I dont like being surprised or unsure whose gonna play. Damn confident too Coughlin wont play Jacobs. I had the Giants kicker Carney, now Coughlin is now using 2 kickers instead of one, and I had to drop Carney for that reason. Bryant (Tampa) will give me more points playing all the time vs Carney playing 50% of time. He was a good kicker fantasy wise, and if anyone feels like taking a chance grab him.

Well, just keep an eye on Jacobs. The guy is sick when he plays, and he gets the goal line duty. If he plays, he is certainly worth a start in your swing slot.

Other News:

TO is down and out with a serious flu, and will most likely miss this week's game.

That's actually pretty good news for me, I know you're not a big fan of Barber Seds but his 4th quarter rushing numbers are just ridiculous and he added to those numbers last week. So if TO is out I hope he touches the ball 30 times. And he should. It appears Portis may be OK as well. I may finally catch you in the points standings this week if everything goes according to my master plan. You know, the one where I rule the world? Yeah that one...

Also: It appears Carson Palmer may be a go this weekend.

I like Barber a whole lot. I think he is one of the most physical backs out there. If I expressed dislike for him at some point, it was probably a week in which I was lined up against him!

I didn't draft him instead of Gore because of the injury risk.

TONGO - Jacobs is practicing today. Keep an eye on afternoon news to see how he is feeling. Play him if he suits up, because he is a top 10 RB this week, for sure.

I thought I would list the Top 5 players in each position according to fantasy points, using our PPR leagues scoring system!

QB

Kurt Warner - 229.2
Jay Cutler - 228.18
Drew Brees - 225.14
Phillip Rivers - 217.92
Payton Manning - 205.62

I find it interesting that the first and second ranked players are on Beantown's roster, after losing his first round pick, Tom Brady, to an ACL tear.

RB

Matt Forte - 173.4
Frank Gore - 173.4
Clinton Portis - 171.9
Marion Barber - 171.7
Thomas Jones - 166.3

Needless to say, I am pretty psyched about this list. I have a feeling Bush would have been in the five-slot if he didn't get injured.

WR

Anquan Boldin - 174.2
Larry Fitzgerald - 163.4
Roddy White - 155.7
Calvin Johnson - 148.3
Andre Johnson - 147.0

Ok, I have seen two cardinals games this year, and, Boldin is hands down the best WR in the league right now. This guy is something else. After the catch, no one comes close to his skills. He makes people miss, reads coverage like he has the playbook in his back pocket, and he is a big dude that can blast tacklers backwards on their ass without blinking. In this PPR league, he is by far one of the best skill players to have on your roster. He has more points than any of the top RBs. Gotta love PPR, folks!

TE

Tony Gonzalez - 115.8
Antonio Gates - 101.9
Jason Witten - 94.3
Owen Daniels - 90
Chris Cooley - 89.1

Man, I hate this position. After the top 6 or 7, it's mediocre city! In the 10th position, the fantasy points are slightly more than half of what Gonzalez has. In this 12-team deep format, that is incredibaly relevant. Just ask the people who have to fill their TE slot with the likes of Shinacoe, Olsen, or the injury prone Tony Sheffler...

Kicker

Stephen Gostkowski - 99
David Akers - 98
Mason Crosby - 98
Jason Elam - 98
Matt Bryant - 94

Not that kickers matter much, but I thought I would list them anyway. K8ickers are clearly the least important slot on the roster, as the #1 kicker and the #19 kicker are separated by a mere 18 points. Two of the top 5 kickers aren't even owned in our league.

Team Defense

New York Giants - 109
Green Bay Packers - 108
Tennessee Titans - 108
New York Jets - 108
Tampa Bay Bucs - 107

If you own one of the top 9 in this category, there just isn't a big difference really at all. Beyond that, the Team D slot will have somewhat less of an impact on scoring from week to week...

There ya have it, after 11 weeks of play, folks. The best of the best!

Oh, if you want to see ranks for the W/R slot, it would just be Boldin, Forte, Gore, Portis, Barber...

Thanks for posting those, Sedai. Yeah, I'm really glad we went with PPR -- it seems to bring so much balance to the rosters with WRs nearly as important as RBs. Too slanted otherwise, I would think. I'm still new to all this so I might be biased, but getting points for receptions "feels" right, and seems to force all of us to pay attention to our entire roster, and not so disproportionately on the RB slot.

Yes, although we are a half PPR format, as usually you get a full point per catch, which would be crazy! I am in multiple leagues, and I definitely prefer this one, which is the only PPR I am in...

News flash - Jacobs was limited in practice, but "looked pretty good" according to the Giants...

I'd say he plays this week...

Looks like Pittman for me in the flex!

I agree with the PPR sentiment. I think we should play the same type of league next season. And maybe if some of us want to get hardcore like Seds does and join a TD only type of league (I'm asssuming this is what you're in yeah?), then perhaps Seds would be so kind as to let us join up with one of his leagues. Just a thought. PPR seems like a great way to get a lot of folks involved that don't necessarily know much about the game. So for our MoFo league I vote we keep it PPR.

You're a Genius all the time
My wedding gift to you is that I'll try not to kick your fantasy ass too hard this weekend.
PW'S ODD SQUAD: 116.58
THE FLYING MONGOOSES: 99.64

Good call, Swedish Chef!

I guess I came through on that wedding gift!