Nintendo Wii

Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
I'm stickin' with my kickass X-Box 360.
The PS3 seems to have the better graphics using that blue ray technology though there are a few games of the x-box 360 that look yummy. That Star Wars game is one of them that has yet to be released and there is another I was playing at my brothers a few weeks back that was very good in graphics and game play called Gears of war however the color was a little to bland as it was tough always deciphering the good guys from the bad.

Lets put a smile on that block
Oh chit chat about the X box poo 60 in the X box thread! This is for Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

(Although there is an AWESOME zombie game on the Xbox 360 i would LOVE to play)

My Wii is taking too long to get here....

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by blibblobblib

My Wii is taking too long to get here....
Drink a few cups of coffee and soon you'll be Wiiiiing to your little heart's content.

It goes straight through you...

I just saw 8 more Wii's arrive at our local Wal-mart. Approx. 8-16 of them seem to come in every thursday or friday. A friend of mine wanted me to get one so we can play online games. I know it was said here that the online isnt set up properly yet but are most games playable on the net like the tennis and boxing for example?

There were also 2 PS3's still sitting there from last week. The only two that they got and still untouched.

I See You When You're Sleeping
There are no online games on the wii at all at the moment.

Sad but true

I'm loving the Wii so far. Although with the WarioWare game, i'm starting to feel alot like the dude from Lady in the Water with the massive one arm. The only things that bother me is that it doesnt seem to do as much as i originally thought it could. No dvd player, no cd player...not that need them as i have them already, and i guess the price of it would have gone up, but it still would have been cool. And i think because i havnt got mine connected to the net yet, i havnt seen it in its full potential, with all the virtual console games you can buy and the Mii exchange and messages. perhaps this is where the true goodness of Wii lies?

And as for Zelda, SORRY ABOUT HOW GOOD THAT IS.

I'm loving the Wii so far. Although with the WarioWare game, i'm starting to feel alot like the dude from Lady in the Water with the massive one arm. The only things that bother me is that it doesnt seem to do as much as i originally thought it could. No dvd player, no cd player...not that need them as i have them already, and i guess the price of it would have gone up, but it still would have been cool. And i think because i havnt got mine connected to the net yet, i havnt seen it in its full potential, with all the virtual console games you can buy and the Mii exchange and messages. perhaps this is where the true goodness of Wii lies?
The Virtual Console is certainly fun, but for me the true goodness of the Wii lies in a) the new versions of Nintendo's great franchises, b) the new tint it puts on existing games with its motion-sensing technology, and c) Wii Sports, which has a surprisingly large number of games and depth for a packaged title.

As for DVDs and CDs; there are rumors of DVD support eventually, but I couldn't care less either way. I have trouble fathoming a Wii owner who doesn't also own a DVD player. I'll gladly take the ridiculously low price tag if it means giving up a device I already had.

And as for Zelda, SORRY ABOUT HOW GOOD THAT IS.
Twilight Princess is flat-out unbelievable. I took my time and explored throughout, and put over 70 hours into beating it. Just an incredible game. Satisfying, challenging, and incredibly vast. Easily one of the most amazing games I've ever played, and I've played a few.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Just set up my Wii now. Wii Sports got very tedious extremely quickly, but then I hate sports. I'm going out to buy a Classic Controller tomorrow. I only really bought a Wii just to play the old games.

Originally Posted by Yoda
The Virtual Console is certainly fun, but for me the true goodness of the Wii lies in a) the new versions of Nintendo's great franchises, b) the new tint it puts on existing games with its motion-sensing technology, and c) Wii Sports, which has a surprisingly large number of games and depth for a packaged title.

As for DVDs and CDs; there are rumors of DVD support eventually, but I couldn't care less either way. I have trouble fathoming a Wii owner who doesn't also own a DVD player. I'll gladly take the ridiculously low price tag if it means giving up a device I already had.

Twilight Princess is flat-out unbelievable. I took my time and explored throughout, and put over 70 hours into beating it. Just an incredible game. Satisfying, challenging, and incredibly vast. Easily one of the most amazing games I've ever played, and I've played a few.
Zelda is awesome indeed. Im loving it so far, although the story seems a little strange, hasnt really come together yet. but it does look amazing. i love the opening titles, they just blew me away when i first played it.

I'm trying to put some photos on my Wii at the moment and its annoying me. I have two different SD cards and an SD adapter for my other memory cards and everytime i put it in it says that the card cannot be used. This irritates me. I would seem i have to go out and spend Ł30 on a wii specific SD card to be able to put my photos on there. GRR.

I havnt really got into Wii sports lately, is it worth buying another controller for to play multiplayer?

Originally Posted by Nexus
Just set up my Wii now. Wii Sports got very tedious extremely quickly, but then I hate sports. I'm going out to buy a Classic Controller tomorrow. I only really bought a Wii just to play the old games.
Seems like a bit of a waste. Why didnt you just buy a SNES then?

Blib, you can get a 2GB SD card from Play.com (it's own model) and it works really well.

Zelda is awesome indeed. Im loving it so far, although the story seems a little strange, hasnt really come together yet. but it does look amazing. i love the opening titles, they just blew me away when i first played it.
Oh yeah. It's like playing an adventure movie. And you're right, the story's a little funky in the beginning, but it makes more sense as you go. At least, it makes as much sense as any Zelda game does, what with light spirits and the like.

I'm trying to put some photos on my Wii at the moment and its annoying me. I have two different SD cards and an SD adapter for my other memory cards and everytime i put it in it says that the card cannot be used. This irritates me. I would seem i have to go out and spend Ł30 on a wii specific SD card to be able to put my photos on there. GRR.
Hm, I have to imagine that's a quirk of the card, because I don't believe anything proprietary is necessary.

I havnt really got into Wii sports lately, is it worth buying another controller for to play multiplayer?
Oh yeah. I find Wii Sports pretty fun all by my lonesome, but multiplayer is great. It's amazing how into it people get. Every time my roommate and I have people over, we all end up playing the Wii at some point.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Seems like a bit of a waste. Why didnt you just buy a SNES then?
I did, it broke. And I wanted to see what the N64 and GameCube were like.

This thread is fun
Totally.

I can't wait to get a Wii myself.

I just got sent three new Wii titles by a PR company im working with. SCORE! Got Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam and Call of Duty 3. Any of you guys played these? Call of Duty look pretty awesome. WOO HOO!

As much as I love the wii (mainly for retro value), I'm not into any 2nd party titles as of yet. Blib, I've played them all and they're not very good. Marvel Alliance looks awful and has really annoying controls.

I'm getting a PS3 next month.