The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I cleared them all, awhile ago, both sent and inbox. If Harry could forward my list back to me I would be greatful
Yeah I'm constantly having to delete the back 25 or 50 in the inbox and sent box. One day I'll take the time and clear it all.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm pretty sure we were shown Nanook of the North in primary school.

Of course, it was practically a new release back then.

I saw West of Memphis a few months ago. The subject matter is as captivating as ever but it all felt a bit after the Lord Mayor's Show when seen in the context of the Paradise Lost films.
I have, but haven't seen West Of Memphis and this is one of the reasons why I've not seen it yet.

I have, but haven't seen West Of Memphis and this is one of the reasons why I've not seen it yet.
It's fine but I didn't find it had the pull of the Paradise Lost trilogy. It also had far too much Eddie Vedder.

Woodstock is great my second favourite concert film after The Last Waltz. For All Mankind kind of turned up at the perfect time as i have been reading quite a bit about NASA at the moment. Yet another one i plan to get to soon.

I can remember buying Woodstock when it got a VHS release and being left distinctly cold. As always with concert films, if you don't jive with the music you'll not appreciate the film-making as much.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Two movies I enjoy but didn't vote for. The performances in Woodstock are great, but the logistics and crowd behavior are fascinating. For All Mankind is spectacular and beautiful with an eerie Brian Eno score.

I've seen some (most of?) Woodstock and I was actually just thinking yesterday that I need to see it again -- since my Doors song won Song Tournament 14. Haven't seen the other, but looks like it might be interesting.

I had For All Mankind at #5.

My List:

5. For All Mankind (#67)
13. Dark Days (#79)
15. The Times of Harvey Milk (#85)
21. Kooyansqatsi (#77)
25. Jupiter’s Wife (1 pointer)

Master of My Domain
Finally a movie I've seen has appeared. Woodstock is a great doc.