MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 2

Tools    

Team Zissou is my pick to put up the least amount of points. No offense, but I'm not buying into Vick either, especially when the other team has time to prep for him. Not buying into the good start of Nicks or Best either. Meanwhile A-rod and Jamaal Charles will have monster weeks.
lol

Vick = 27.06
Best = 50.2

ain't that something......expect Nicks to have 4 TD's today.
You say that like Hakeem Nicks is a bad receiver. Bob Sanders is hurt in Indy (surprise), and Nicks is on the field and is obviously one of Eli's main targets.

Your write up was pretty ridiculous honestly. I can't say much, I didn't even write one. You predicted Best being shut out, yet he is the lone running back in Detroit. You also predicted Vick being shut out because Detroit had time to prepare for him? I think you under estimate how much of a nightmare QBs like Vick are for defensive coordinators. I mean he was the only QB to take the Falcons to a superbowl.

I just think your analysis didn't make much sense. I mean that is easy for me to say, in retrospect. But I said the same thing to myself after you first wrote it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You say that like Hakeem Nicks is a bad receiver. Bob Sanders is hurt in Indy (surprise), and Nicks is on the field and is obviously one of Eli's main targets.

Your write up was pretty ridiculous honestly. I can't say much, I didn't even write one. You predicted Best being shut out, yet he is the lone running back in Detroit. You also predicted Vick being shut out because Detroit had time to prepare for him? I think you under estimate how much of a nightmare QBs like Vick are for defensive coordinators. I mean he was the only QB to take the Falcons to a superbowl.

I just think your analysis didn't make much sense. I mean that is easy for me to say, in retrospect. But I said the same thing to myself after you first wrote it.
It was a prediction, that was all. Do you think that what everyone says is completely right? So I was wrong. The bottom line is that next week Kolb is supposedly coming back to start so what I meant is that for the long haul Vick won't be a viable option, which I truly believe even if he was staying in as starter. Best has definitely come to surprise me, and he looks like he was being legit. Just because I thought that maybe he wouldn't do anything doesn't mean that what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Once again, it was only a prediction.

And by the by, Vick has never taken the Falcons to the superbowl. That would be the great Tony (I believe that was his first name) Chandler.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I guess DeAngelo Williams and Jason Witten are horrible then since he didn't do much as I predicted. And that Mike Williams is awesome since I had great analysis that he would do pretty good.

It was a prediction, that was all. Do you think that what everyone says is completely right? So I was wrong. The bottom line is that next week Kolb is supposedly coming back to start so what I meant is that for the long haul Vick won't be a viable option, which I truly believe even if he was staying in as starter. Best has definitely come to surprise me, and he looks like he was being legit. Just because I thought that maybe he wouldn't do anything doesn't mean that what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Once again, it was only a prediction.

And by the by, Vick has never taken the Falcons to the superbowl. That would be the great Tony (I believe that was his first name) Chandler.
I was just saying your predictions didn't make sense to me? Like I said, this is all speculation, and it's easy for me to say these things in retrospect, just didn't know where you were coming from in the first place.

You are right, it wasn't Vick it was Chris Chandler. That was before I even watched football, I was pretty young...

Who me? Yes, I did. Not necessarily 50 points, but Jim Schwartz said several times he wanted Best to be involved in the passing game, and like I said before - there is no running back committee in detroit.

A system of cells interlinked
Dear Mr. Flacco

I'll get you next time...you just made it last night...

Yeah, you and I still have a bit of a game going. Fred Taylor really screwed me, but Schaub came through and Flacco struggled, so now it's Reggie Bush + 15 points against Colston. I like my chances there, but it's PPR, so this is well within Colston's range, particularly if Bush has a bad game, which is all-too-common.

Good luck man.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
hey do any of you guys know any nubians that can toss a voodoo curse Todd Haleys way?

He's killen me with the way he's employen his RB in KC.

The crappy thing is, they are 2-0 so chances are great he's not gonna change anytime soon..unless divine intervention.

In my other 2 leagues I'm payen attention 2, Won huge with Schauby, Johnson and gut-call start for Kevin Walter (basically had the game yesterday i waited for all last year that never came)

Tonight down 18 at the other one, with Frank Gore and Saints D on tap while my opp has Crabtree goin.

so basically, need Gore to bust a few long ones for TD's, while the SF passing attack is limited to Vernon Davis, oh and reggie bush can run back a couple punts for TD's.

yeah that'll work.

Team Zissou vs. Dextruction

I think this is going to be the closest game of the week and I almost want to predict a tie, but that would be quite dumb so instead I have to pick someone. So because of the cool rhyme that is the Vicks Hicks combo I go with Team no milkshakeforme Z Also Dex is sporting my ex palyer Ward, and I cannot allow him to get the best of a deal that everyone is calling me a fool fer - going to be close though - like tight.

My Pick: Team Z
Score 112 to 111

170 to 92 - was I right or was I right?

Might have to make a few sizable trade offers myself; Reggie Bush is out something like 4-6 weeks, and he was the best back I had in what was already a weak RB corps. I might finally get the other Bush -- Michael -- back this week, but I need an upgrade there.

All WRs potentially available, particularly Mike Wallace (who's been so-so but who I think'll definitely hit it big when Ben comes back), Jacoby Jones (who's been very good already), and Devery Henderson. Jones' price will definitely have gone up a bit since the preseason, and he's starting to make good on his promise.