Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"

Tools    

Yeah, exactly looks like he's just gonna phone this one in. I'd be interested in a film version of Alice in a dark and twisted way (like that game from a few years ago) but much prefer someone like Gilliam who'd have the heart for the project.

i've not seen it, and i heard it's supposed to be surprisingly good. is it?

Very dark... and very good... or at least I thought so....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Good tone, bad songs.
First of all, if you're talking about Sweeney Todd, I'm going to have to disagree with you rather vehemently on that. Second of all, you can blame Sondheim for the songs. What does this have to do with Burton's direction?
much prefer someone like Gilliam
You know, that can be said about every movie. And there's no one like Gilliam. There's only Gilliam.

Agree on the second point, as for other point- that was a general remark about the film and not the direction. On a technical level Burton's a competent enough director but don't think he's pushing himself to something as truly creative or original as his earlier works.

It's true- he's developed a personal style and he's settled into it. Perhaps he is getting too artistically rigid in his middle age. Sure, it'd be great to see him experiment more, but I must say that I actually like the style that he's settled into. And I think that it is a fitting style for an Alice movie. I am not saying that it would be the end-all and be-all Alice, nor am I saying that it's aesthetic will surprise anyone. However in my opinion it is an Alice that is nevertheless worth making. And for me, it might be one worth seeing.

omg i haven't heard about this! i'm a huuuuge tim burton fan! i'm excited now!!! who else LOVED sweeny todd??

haha yikes sry i didn't realize i was that hyper sounding

I am burdened with glorious purpose
It's the eyes and the teeth and the smile. Wow, he does look like Elijah!

I think this thread is being rather negative. I think the pics are pretty amazing and Tim Burton is perfect for this story. I just hope he lets it all go!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Here's another pic that might give us a clearer indication of how the film will look:

That looks totally awesome to me, and just how I pictured Wonderland to look.

Here's an article:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...nderland_N.htm

BTW, the girl who plays Alice, Mia Wasikowska, played a character, Sophie, on HBO's In Treatment. I remember being extremely taken with her. She's pretty amazing.

Yey! I can't wait to see it! xD

The Lord of the Rings