Films that start well and end terribly

Tools    

The Siege

I Am Legend

The ending of the film's source material - a novel by the same name - is far, far more haunting and compelling than the Hollyderp conclusion moviegoers witnessed.

I Am Legend

The ending of the film's source material - a novel by the same name - is far, far more haunting and compelling than the Hollyderp conclusion moviegoers witnessed.
Indeed. Though I still like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man. At least that was bad ass!

Shutter Island

Terminator 2

The Matrix Reloaded

War of the Worlds

Kill Bill 2

Knowing

Indiana Jones 4

Finished here. It's been fun.
Tree of Life-For the first hour I thought this movie was great. The creation of earth sequence was beautiful, but as the film dragged on it got repetitive and sleep-inducing.By the end I was left happy that it was over.It was a chore to watch.

The Purge-The first 15-20 minutes make it seem like it's going to be a genuinely good thriller, but bam! It turns into the most generic movie ever. This movie sucked bad. One of the worst films of 2013.

The Wolfman 2010

It started out well enough but went to s**t in the last half.

I recently watched a horror called Nailbiter. It started pretty strong, almost seemed like a Spielberg film with a touch of family drama, but the middle was rather slow and padded.... Although it got a bit better again toward the end, I came away somewhat disappointed.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

She's so lovely (1997)

Great set-up, but the drama gives way to cliche action flick.

This reminds me of most Stephen King stories. Like 2/3 of them I am right there, loving it,. then the ending comes...umm wtf? I do not mind a twist, but it has to be at least somewhat cohesive. The Long Walk - best story he has ever written from start to finish. IMHO anyway.

On the outside looking in.
IRON MAN 3 comes to mind...

3:10 to Yuma (1957)

I rented this after seeing and loving the 2007 version. I liked it right up until the stupid arbitrary happy ending.
Never watched it again.
Good shout, I thought the film was decent but much preferred the newer version as well. The ending actually makes use of the interesting characters that have been developed throughout the film and as a result delivers a powerful and emotional ending.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!

In a world where everyone tells the truth, Ricky Gervais is airbrushed to perfection.

The Invention of Lying built up its universe in a good way and made excellent use of sight gags. However, when it descends into a religious satire, it stops being funny and is just another notch on Gervais' narcissistic atheism bed-post.

Reviews

C'mon, get in here *opens arms for a hug*
I would have to say Drive. I've always remembered the start of the movie but to this day I can’t remember the rest of it.

In a world where everyone tells the truth, Ricky Gervais is airbrushed to perfection.

The Invention of Lying built up its universe in a good way and made excellent use of sight gags. However, when it descends into a religious satire, it stops being funny and is just another notch on Gervais' narcissistic atheism bed-post.
I actually liked the religion satire part. For me it got bad just after he reads the commandments. Then it goes into Rom-Com autopilot, and that whole part really sucks. But all the good stuff before that makes it worth the watch.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think The Departed started tremendously, one of my favorite movies ever, but it starts going downhill towards the end, in a very big way.

I Am Legend

Have you watched the alternate ending? It is a lot more closer to the main point of the novel than what those stupid test audiences picked.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood