Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Fun movie, Blix. I stayed there

This movie is not as good as the first one except the soundtrack.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

The Stanford Prison Experiment

I have seen Das Experiment and The Experiment, both based on the real life Stanford prison experiment and enjoyed both of them but this one was.. less sensational and more nuanced than the earlier films, you can really see how these events could took place, well worth a watch, great little movie here.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bad Moms

(Jon Lucas & Scott Moore)

While the film doesn't make use of its full potential, it's still funny enough to warrant a weekend viewing. A terrific cast helps put this one in the enjoyable pile, specifically Kristen Bell who plays the innocent mom who needs to break out of her shell.

Kunis is a supermom, she makes the breakfast, drops the kids off to school, goes to work, makes dinner and puts them all to bed. She's constantly on the move and is usually late to almost everything. When she discovers her husband has been unfaithful, which kickstarts a terrible day, she decides to 'stop' being a perfect mom. No longer making breakfast, going to PTA meetings or doing extra tasks at work. Along with two other moms who also want to break bad, these ladies finally feel free, but at what cost to their families?

Alongside Mila Kunis as bad moms is the aforementioned Kristen Bell and the foul mouthed Kathryn Hahn. These ladies are funny, even if Hahn plays a more cliched type character. She's the wild one, she drinks, swears and has lots of sex. Typical characteristics of certain characters in raunchy comedies. This is indeed a raunchy comedy, one just has to watch the scene where the ladies discuss the pros and cons of a circumcised penis versus an uncircumcised penis.

Christina Applegate, Jada Pinkett Smith and Annie Mumolo are three other moms who somewhat play the antagonists here. Applegate is the leader and she also spearheads the PTA. At one point Kunis decides to also run for the head of the PTA and the film becomes a competition of sorts where Applegate will try anything to destroy Kunis. These ladies play it a little more straight and serious here, so most of the laughs will come from the main three.

There has been this weird notion that 'female comedy' isn't funny, or when it is, people have to point it out. Bridesmaids is the perfect example of when people started saying "women can be funny too". Women are always funny, so I don't want to put this film in some special category recognizing it because it's female centric. If the film is funny, just say it's funny. Bad Moms is funny, despite not trying to do anything new or memorable. It'll give you a few laughs, then you'll forget about it a few days later. Maybe the moms out there will connect with it more because it's definitely geared towards that demographic.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Jason Bourne

(Paul Greengrass)

All three of the original Bourne films are excellent, each in their own way. The story of Bourne was told and completed. We had closure for him, so when you hear of yet another film coming in the pipeline, you wonder where are they going to take the story? Matt Damon has returned in the role, after a failed attempt to jump start another franchise in the same universe with Jeremy Renner. Unfortunately, while watching the film, you can clearly tell that they were struggling with where to take the story. Jason Bourne struggles to stay relevant, exciting or interesting.

Bourne is in hiding and when Nicky Parsons hacks the CIA with intent to release even more information, she contacts Bourne. Why? Well, there are more memories he needs to remember, in particular, his father and his role in the whole Treadstone affair. Whelp, they followed her and found Bourne. Now he has to get back into it, find more information and kick more ass.

The biggest problem with this film is how boring it is. It's the exact same movie as what we've seen before. Maybe that will please the fans of the series, but it doesn't offer anything new to other audiences. To add insult to injury, it's less interesting and less exciting than what we've seen before. The chase sequences, the over the phone dialogue exchanges and fight choreography is so uninterestingly boring. Go watch the previous films which has everything I just mentioned, only better.

It doesn't help that Matt Damon looks completely uninterested in his role now. Tommy Lee Jones hasn't looked interested in a role of his in the last decade now and newcomer Alicia Vikander is extremely wooden. I could't help but feel like this entry in the series was nothing more than a paycheque movie.

The Bourne series is done, this film is no better than the Renner entry. At least they tried something different with that film by having a completely new character be the lead. Jason Bourne is a misfire and flat.

This was a lot better than I thought it would be. The action and mild gore made this feel like the first time Wolverine was really on screen. X-23 was a refreshing character and I was impressed how far they took her. How you direct a young child in those scenes would be interesting to see.

On the other side its just a generic action movie with licensed characters thrown in. It lacks in the imagination which is paramount to these movies for me. Needless to say how they explain the present state of mutants. Lame.

Not a bad film and I'm glad I got to see Lamb Chops in all his Ginsu glory.

Indigantion (2016)

T2 Trainspotting (2017) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Love Streams - 8/10

5th (and final) watch. I've been putting on movies I already see at night, that way if I'm getting sleepy, it's no big deal.

Matt Damon has returned in the role, after a failed attempt to jump start another franchise in the same universe with Jeremy Renner.

I think Jeremy Renner must have been doing favours in Hollywood and by favours I mean sexually explicit because how this pug nosed little sea urchin keeps landing these action roles is beyond my comprehension.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Pass (2016)

Really uncomfortable film to watch on many levels. Has that claustrophobic feeling of a filmed play and the character of Jase was just so horrible to everyone. I was willing Ade to punch him all the way through the last section. Kind of gripping at the same time though and Tovey is a good actor.

movies can be okay...
Split (2016):

So "Split" is the fourth Shamalamadingdong film I've seen and it is easily my favourite, but that's not saying much, especially since the other three movies I'm talking about are Signs (which was kinda bad), The Visit (which was atrocious) and The Last Airbender (which was hilarious).

"Split" definitely didn't live up to the hype, in fact, certain parts of it reminded me of the director's inferior movies, for example, the two less relevant kidnapped girls' acting felt strange and underwhelming, I would even call their reactions during some sequences laughable, you can say that I wasn't very fond of them, and appreciated whenever they exited a scene. Things also seemed to get goofier and goofier as time went by, but I was also glad that nothing turned into a disaster even when it seemed as if it would. Other flaws consist of nonsensical behaviour, and some far fetched actions.

Regardless, I would still consider "Split" a pretty good film, the cinematography was beautiful, I even was amazed at how greatly framed certain shots were, and of course James Mcavoy is absolutely the shinning star of this feature, there's not even much to say that wasn't already said about his performance, so moving on.

Overall, I fairly enjoyed "Split", but it no way makes me prioritise any of Shyamalan's "best" works, they're on my watchlist sure, but I feel like a long period of time will pass before I even think about checking them out. This was a solid
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Spectacular Now (2013)
-

Not a single character I could identify with. There was just nothing here for me. Some words that came to mind while I was watching included loud, annoying, pathetic, gullible, hopeless, pointless, etc.

I think Jeremy Renner must have been doing favours in Hollywood and by favours I mean sexually explicit because how this pug nosed little sea urchin keeps landing these action roles is beyond my comprehension.

I'd actually rather watch another Bourne film with Renner's character as opposed to Damon's.