Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@Dani8 the poster looks like a commercial for swimwear and diving equipment.
LMAO. I dont know which is worse - the poster or the movie, or tiny Jessica being an action chick who single handedly kicked a mean cokehead's arse.

OMG so glad I've never seen this before, and so glad I'll never see it again. Infact it was so bad I even forgot what it was called because I changed the name to Alba's Butt cam. Lovely butt but c'mon; the shallows pulls this one as well. What is it about killer sharks and women's bums...

There you go, lads - you wont need to see the movie now. Dont say I never did anything for you

The shark high on cocaine was pretty funny, though.
those pics deserved a like for sure

I like Into The Blue and I love The Shallows

I actually really enjoyed The Shallows as well. Steven Seagull was amazing.

No I did actually enjoy it. I just kicked back and went for the ride. I think it's pretty bad but I had fun with it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

OMG so glad I've never seen this before, and so glad I'll never see it again. Infact it was so bad I even forgot what it was called because I changed the name to Alba's Butt cam. Lovely butt but c'mon; the shallows pulls this one as well. What is it about killer sharks and women's bums...

There you go, lads - you wont need to see the movie now. Dont say I never did anything for you

The shark high on cocaine was pretty funny, though.
Dat ass though.

It's a lovely ass which is why I posted pics for the gents. I always try to say something positive even when I think a movie is poopoo.

To Catch a Thief (1955)

Rage (1972)

George C. Scott is great as usual in his second directorial job (the first was a TV-Movie). Scott plays a sheep farmer who spends the night camping outside with his 12-year-old son. In the morning, he discovers that his son is ill, so he takes him into town to the local small hospital. They are greeted by a doctor (Martin Sheen) from the local Army base who seems to already know what's going on and how to treat the son. Seemingly. Scott does not yet notice that things are not on the up-and-up. We are shown a group of army officers and local health officials discussing an accident whereby an Army plane accidentally released a toxic nerve agent designed for chemical warfare. And the plane just happened to fly over the campsite of Scott and his son. What follows is the son continuing to decline and Scott hospitalized and kept in the dark about events. His personal physician (Richard Basehart) wants to get to Scott but is put off by Sheen and his Army lackey (Ed Lauter). Soon Scott learns the worst and goes on a violent revenge spree against the Army. If innocents happen to get in the way, well, too bad. Scott is very good in his film, and he and Basehart have the biggest roles, although the film is peppered with familiar faces. The tension rises as Scott continues his vengeful agenda but the film ends rather abruptly. Not to say that the ending doesn't feel honest but when it comes, it seems that the film is just too short, despite a 100 minute running time. Just as it really gets going, Scott pulls the plug. That's my only gripe about the movie. I'd recommend this one with the caveat I stated.

Isle of the Dead (1945, Mark Robson)

This certainly got better as it moved on but not by much, and most of the time it just plodded along uninterestingly until it reached the ending that, frankly, was hardly worth the wait. It was just never creepy enough to get me fully on board. Yes, there were some good moments, and visually the movie looked pretty atmospheric, but story-wise it was too formulaic and forgettable.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Finding Dory

(Andrew Stanton)

Dory was a breakout character from the massive hit Finding Nemo. Mostly due to the friendly energetic voice performance from Ellen DeGenres, so it was only a matter of time before she got her own story.

Finding Dory tells us that she always had this condition and was lost as a child. She spent the rest of her life trying to find her family, or at least trying to remember to find something. That's when she swam into Marlin and the events of Finding Nemo unfold. One year later a memory is triggered and she recalls her parents, voiced by Diane Keaton and Eugene Levy. Dory decides that she must find them at once and requests the help of Marlin and Nemo. Can Marlin risk the safety of Nemo for Dory though? It doesn't matter to Dory as she sets out to find her parents, her home and her lost memories.

The first film was a huge hit for kids. It's easy to see why; a colourful palette, cute Nemo character, talking fish, it had it all. The sequel employs the exact same look and formula because you don't mess with success. The merchandise friendly new additions are Ed O'Neill as a cantankerous octopus, only willing to help Dory if she can help him. Kaitlin Olson as a near sighted whale shark and her friend Ty Burrell, a beluga whale with echolocation talents. These new additions are located inside a marine life institute, designed to help the fish. Could this place also be Dory's birth place? If it is, how convenient and easy.

Despite the notion that sequels should be bigger in scope, Dory feels confined. This is a nice change of pace as it feels different from the journey type film aspects from the original. We still go on a journey here, but the bulk of the story takes place inside the Marine Institute and the convenience of getting there hurts the flow of the story a bit. In the vastness of the Ocean, we just so happen to fall right into this place. Separated from Marlin and Nemo, Dory is 'trapped' inside. Marlin and Nemo need to find a way in and ask for the help of two sea lions just outside the Institute's walls. Idris "Stringer Bell" Elba and Dominic "Jimmy McNulty" West offer some laughs as the sea lions.

Improving on the gorgeous visuals, Dory looks marvelous. The sense of nothingness that looms beyond the deep ocean is always on the edge of the story and depicted well. To us humans, the beautiful sight to see is the coral reef and the school of fish. To the fish, it's the nothingness that awaits them beyond their homes. Finding Dory is a good sequel, kids will love it, parents will find it enjoyable, but less funny than the original and it does a satisfying job of telling Dory's story.

Suspect's Reviews

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Lady Vanishes (1938)
+

Excellent! One of my favourites, so far.

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)

Not bad. Nice and short. Wow, what a shootout scene, I wasn't expecting so much action.

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)

Not bad. Nice and short. Wow, what a shootout scene, I wasn't expecting so much action.
Only seen the 50's one and i didn't like it all that much. Heard from a few people the 30's one is better though. You liked The Lady Vanishes more than me too, i want to see it again though as i awkwardly watched it on BBC Iplayer.

Heard from a few people the 30's one is better though. You liked The Lady Vanishes more than me too, i want to see it again though as i awkwardly watched it on BBC Iplayer.
Haven't seen the 50s one.

I liked the babes in The Lady Vanishes.

Unregistered User

Bad Day for the Cut (2017)

The Samoan Lawyer looking very awkward at the Irish premiere of Bad Day For The Cut.

Irish farmer who lives with mother is the victim of a home invasion. Fed up, he embarks on a bloody revenge mission to track down the assailants'.

Locally made film but has apparently been picked up by an American company so if you can get to it, Id highly recommend it. May be difficult to make out the accents though.

+

movies can be okay...
"The Amsalem Trilogy"
:

To Take A Wife (2004):

Click for my full thoughts.

The Seven Days (2008):

I will be writing a review for this soon, but clearly I think it's the weakest of the trilogy, it has its ups and downs, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem (2014):

Click for my full thoughts.

This family drama has its ups and downs, but boy did it finish out so strongly, one of the advantages these movies have is their ability to stand out as an independent film, there's no need to check out their predecessor(s) for context, in fact I would argue that the best way to watch the trilogy is by going through its films from best to worst. Overall, it has been a great experience to experience, and I'm extremely glad I finished it. Saddened to hear about the recent death of the lead actress, she gave a fantastic performance in the last chapter.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke