Is Cloud Atlas Good?

Tools    

Its a long movie, so before I invest my time, will I enjoy it? I like good time travel fantasy - and Tom Hanks rarely hits a bum note. I'm thinking its a no brainer.

Yay, or nay - what do you who have seen it, think?

I like good time travel fantasy
It's not a time travel film in that sense. It cuts between different time frames/eras.

Films excellent and one of the underrated films of that year in my eyes, I preferred it to the book too and I love the book.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I've heard just as many critics dismiss the film as much as those who praise it. I absolutely loved it. It's one of those movies where you have to figure out the meaning on your own, as it never outright tells you, and I like that. It blends a bunch of different genres together, and every scene is packed with tremendous performances all around, especially from Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, and Hugo Weaving. It's a confusing film at first, but I think Roger Ebert put it best in his review of the film (his last review, I believe, before his passing): "Even as I was watching Cloud Atlas the first time, I knew I would need to see it again. Now that I've seen it the second time, I know I'd like to see it a third time ... I think you will want to see this daring and visionary film ... I was never, ever bored by Cloud Atlas. On my second viewing, I gave up any attempt to work out the logical connections between the segments, stories and characters." He basically summed up my experience with the film. A shame that there are so many people who didn't care for it, because while it is ambitious, it's certainly no reason to dismiss it.

A system of cells interlinked
I REALLY liked Cloud Atlas... definitely worth a watch...

Cloud Atlas is one of a kind, definitely spend the time to check it out. I always love a movie with good rewatch value. If a movie isn't worth watching twice, it's probably not worth watching at all. Lost count with Cloud Atlas, same with The Matrix and Bound. Not a huge fan of the Wachowskis' other stuff though.

It's brilliant. Even made me cry. Some of the best editing and visual effects you'll ever see. Quite seamless really.

I believe it was my number one last year. GREAT MOVIE!

I thought this movie was brilliant even though after I saw it I was a little lost with the different story lines in the film. after seeing the movie I youtubed an explanation of sorts and found a review/explanation that I wished I had seen prior to my viewing...as everything was much much clearer to me. now that being said some people might think that understanding whats happening while your watching the stories unfold actually ruins the point of the creative film style if you feel you might be like this then I would watch the review after seeing it and then rewatch the movie....but if you want to really understand whats going on the firstb time you see it I would watch this review befor you see the film.

actually a better way might be to watch the first 5 minutes of this review as he explains the chronological order of the storylines which I think is the key to understanding and enjoying the movie...and then watch the rest after you see the film.

here is the link to the review.

and that's the true true.

Cloud Atlas -

I did really hate this movie....and I am surprise to read so many good feedbacks...well it may convince me to give it another chance, someday..

But I felt it was one of the worst waste ever...huge budget and good casting, but OMG the story is very boring and badly built... it was an immense deception, worst Tom Hanks' movie ...I give a 1.5/10...

Don't go for it, if you want my opinion !

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I found it wonderful, imaginative, and incredibly interesting. Definitely worth watching at least once.

It's one of my favorites from 2012.

but OMG the story is very boring and badly built...
Badly built? I thought it was wonderful and how it flowed from one scene(time) to another, even to the point of someone doing something in one scene and when it cuts to another time frame completely the character in the next sequence starts off doing or saying something similar. A simple example - someone opening a door in the 70s and then it cuts to a new scene of someone opening or closing a door in the future almost like that character from the 70s merges into the person in the future in one flow which fits well with the connection element of the film.

It's quite a feat of film making and my favorite film of last year. I thought the adaptation was going to be a failure, but it blew me away. I cry every time.

It's good. And bad. And dazzling. And embarrassing. A grand folly that has to be loved for both its achievements, its ambition and its many failures.

Basically, it's good films like this are being made.

... even to the point of someone doing something in one scene and when it cuts to another time frame completely the character in the next sequence starts off doing or saying something similar. A simple example - someone opening a door in the 70s and then it cuts to a new scene of someone opening or closing a door in the future almost like that character from the 70s merges into the person in the future in one flow which fits well with the connection element of the film.

that's why i found it so boring…. whatever the era is…same BS again and again

It's quite a feat of film making and my favorite film of last year. I thought the adaptation was going to be a failure, but it blew me away. I cry every time.

Well if you like Gravity, I can t help !

One of my best films of all time! do your self a favour and watch it- its kind of like Avatar, one of those films that everyone needs to see

One of my best films of all time! do your self a favour and watch it- its kind of like Avatar, one of those films that everyone needs to see
Well, i do respect your taste …but i can not share it on this one…

Avatar > Cloud Atlas (like a thousand times).

Very long movie but i loved it
well worth watching.