The darkest movie you've seen?

Tools    

I agree with Mr Minio.. you all are weak.. Salo is a great film. I happen to be a fan of deSade, the writer of the book "Salo or 120 Days of Sodom". Pasolini took the story and put it during the time of Fascist Italy.

Yes, the film touches many strange and usual topics but overall its a great film. It was my first "Criterion" DVD. I had a bootleg copy before as it was not "released" in the United States at the time.

When you watch a film, its not just for entertainment but its to analyze what the director/writer is trying to tell you as a human being and today's society. There is so much more to truly watching a film. I just don't understand some people who watch films seriously.

I wouldn't say Salo is a dark film as you have said, provocative yes, but i agree with what you're saying. There are many fudged up scenes, but i have seen alot worse like A Serbian Film , that filmis nasty . At the end of the day i just didn't enjoy Salo at all, i have only seen it once after one of the lists on this site intrigued me but i personally wasn't satisfied.

The Devil's Rejects, rather dark end.

Dark City
Thor: the Dark World
Zero Dark Thirty
Prince of Darkness
Darkness Falls
Darkness Bride
Towards Darkness
Dark Shadows
Donnie Darko
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Dark Water
Dark Star
Beyond the Darkness
Alone in the Dark
Darkman
Star Trek Into Darkness
Army of Darkness
Edge of Darkness
3 Days of Darkness
7 Days of Darkness
Darkness Swallows
the Dark Knight
the Dark Knight Rises
5 Dark Souls
a Cradle in the Dark
a Brush of Darkness

holy smokes Hollywood! wtf!

Dark City
Thor: the Dark World
Zero Dark Thirty
Prince of Darkness
Darkness Falls
Darkness Bride
Towards Darkness
Dark Shadows
Donnie Darko
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Dark Water
Dark Star
Beyond the Darkness
Alone in the Dark
Darkman
Star Trek Into Darkness
Army of Darkness
Edge of Darkness
3 Days of Darkness
7 Days of Darkness
Darkness Swallows
the Dark Knight
the Dark Knight Rises
5 Dark Souls
a Cradle in the Dark
a Brush of Darkness

holy smokes Hollywood! wtf!
well played sir!

Ghosts of the Civil Dead. A 1988 Australian film from John Hillcoat (director of The Proposition) about systematic degradation in the prison system.

Rarely shown, but well worth checking out. A watch once every five years film though - it's bleak!

Unregistered User
Ghosts of the Civil Dead. A 1988 Australian film from John Hillcoat (director of The Proposition) about systematic degradation in the prison system.

Rarely shown, but well worth checking out. A watch once every five years film though - it's bleak!
Ive been trying to find this film for ages!!

Ive been trying to find this film for ages!!
It was available on VHS many years ago. Copies knocking around on eBay. Been waiting for DVD release for years.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Martha Marcy May Marlene is a very good movie.

Such a strong performance from the sister of two of the weakest actors out there. What a surprise!

I really need to watch it again.

Watchmen and Sin City

Martha Marcy May Marlene is a very good movie.

Such a strong performance from the sister of two of the weakest actors out there. What a surprise!

I really need to watch it again.
I loved it. It's probably in my top 20.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
That's high praise! I don't know if it'll end up on the first list I do, but it'll definitely be a contender.