The darkest movie you've seen?

Tools    

I dont want a list of horror movies or goriest movies! What I mean by DARKEST MOVIE EVER, I mean a movie that had truelly took your breathe away or made you completely forget about everything and find yourself about to **** yourself with how crazy this film is.

FOR EXAMPLE:

-A Clockwork Orange
-The Uninvited
-The Shining
-Bully
-Bad Boys (sean penn)
-Platoon
-Requiem For A Dream

Movies that took my breath away
Alien
Blade Runner
The prestige
Batman Begins
The Matrix (and reloaded)
The shining

The list in endless really.

Sorry if the movies aren't really dark, they just came to mind, im sure the others will fill in more relevant answers.

Kubrick fan?

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Requiem for a Dream destroyed me, I had to take a break in between, it just keeps getting worse and worse relentlessly. I don't think any movie has affected me as much emotionally as RFAD. You have a real feeling of hopelessness when you're watching it, constantly hoping something goes right for the characters and by the end of it all their lives have gone to ****.

I can't get involved with a thread whose title contains such a grammatical error as "most darkest". It burns my eyes!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

dark in what way?...

you need to be specific.. do you mean something that made you feel claustrophobic?
or you mean movies with a black tint??

But by seeing your movie list, I can only mention these:

Donnie Darko
Dark City
2001: A Space Odyssey
Alien

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Taxiest Driver
Ragingest Bull
The Innocentests
Most Easiest Rider
Paths of Mostest Glory
Joesiest Joe
Macbethestbeth
(1971)
The Flysiest Fly (1986)

I think you get the idea...

Taxiest Driver
Ragingest Bull
The Innocentests
Most Easiest Rider
Paths of Mostest Glory
Joesiest Joe
Macbethestbeth (1971)
The Flysiest Fly (1986)

I think you get the idea...

Yes we do, Most Markiest Mark!

I can't get involved with a thread whose title contains such a grammatical error as "most darkest". It burns my eyes!
Fixed. Normally I don't correct these sorts of things, but this one was bugging me.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Irreversible
Dogville
My Own Private Idaho
The Pawnbroker
Taxi Driver
Scarecrow
Chinatown
Dancer in the Dark

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I would agree with pretty much anything by Lars Von Trier, up to and including Antichrist.Not sure what you mean by 'dark' though. I always thought dark meant hopeless or, pessimistic, not really like a mindf*ck type of movie. How about these, I think some have already been mentioned...

Blue Velvet, Mulholland Dr.,
The Wrestler, Se7en, Requiem for a Dream, Psycho, The Dark Knight, Pi, 12 Monkeys, A History of Violence, Eastern Promises, Miller's Crossing, Vertigo, No Country for Old Men, Born on the Fourth of July, The Virgin Suicides, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Full Metal Jacket...

Yeah, pretty much anything by David Lynch, Martin Scorsese, David Cronenberg, Alfred Hitchcock, the Coen Brothers, Darren Aronofsky, or Terry Gilliam.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Pitch Black. Surely it doesn't get darker than that, does it?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Disney movies. The evil is pure evil, and when I leave them, I feel like hitting someone. They turn me dark....

Matrix trilogy - everything about stories, plots, visual effects and characters took my breath out! I love that movies especially the first one.

A system of cells interlinked
Check my Top 3 favorite films, please.

But for a film that has the least hope, and just oozes despair:

Ran (Kurosawa, 1985)

Requiem For A Dream has to be the darkest film I have ever seen. The last series of filming between the characters I can still invision today in my head. It was pretty damn sick.

i remember this movie called Maniac where this guy would kill hookers and then somehow turn them into like lifeless looking dolls and then one day those dolls came alive while he was sleeping..