Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I love Reversal Of Fortune. It came pretty close to making my 100. On another day, it may've done so.

You thought the dialogue in Death Proof was boring, which I can understand, and think it's Tarantino's weakest film, which I can also understand. What did you think of IB? Because that dialogue is just dull. Not just for Tarantino, but as dialogue in general.
I didn't think it was dull and it's not even comparable to Death Proof.

In Inglourious Basterds there is this atmosphere of suspense and constant threat. That's why everything that was said, was so much more interesting (in my opinion). Every little mistake in a seemingly ordinary chat, could cause a whole spectrum of reactions.

That's also the reason why I liked Django Unchained so much. The "good guys" are playing a role and every little detail can betray them. That kind of situations make great cinema and certainly when it's done by a master director with the skills of Quentin Tarantino. He's one of those rare filmmakers that can offer that little bit of extra magic to a certain scene (in my opinion).

You thought the dialogue in Death Proof was boring, which I can understand, and think it's Tarantino's weakest film, which I can also understand. What did you think of IB? Because that dialogue is just dull. Not just for Tarantino, but as dialogue in general.
I'd basically just repeat what Cobpyth said. Agreed completely with his/her post.

In Death Proof almost each chat during the first half of the movie seemed pointless. Which is not the case with IB.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I just finished watching The House at the End of the Street, to briefly summarize it, it wasn't good, and it didn't really want to be. I'll be writing a review of it a little later, so I want go into too much detail.

Happiness (1998)

What a great black comedy! Some situations and dialogues were absolutely HILARIOUS! I'm certainly planning to see more from Todd Solondz in the future.
I love Happiness! Btw you can stream Welcome to the Dollhouse, Palindromes and Life during Wartime at Mubi. Mubi is a pretty good alternative to netflix imo.

Triangle (2009)

Initial Viewing: 4.5/10
Second Viewing: 9.5/10 (It's currently in my top 10 list).

It uses a time shift aspect to repeat an event until something is done differently to change the outcome. Initially the film comes off as being stupid, but it's far from the it. A second viewing is required.

Before Sunset (2004)

Wauw. Great sequel! I can't wait for Before Midnight. I absolutely adore Julie Delpy. Not because she's that beautiful, but because she just has a kind of aura around her. I can't really describe it well.
The story is also really great and it's showed in such a realistic, yet poetic, way that it's almost impossible to not love this film and this couple!

The Haunting (1963) by Robert Wise

Carrie (1976) by Brian De Palma

Rosemary's Baby (1968) by Roman Polanski

Freaks (1932) by Tod Browning

Crash (1996) by David Cronenberg

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 8/10

Les Miserables
+

I liked it much better than I thought I would given my usual distaste for musicals, but I definitely didn't love it. I do have to say though that I disagree with the people complaining about Russell Crowe's singing. He wasn't spectacular by any means but I thought he did well enough. Also I think his ability to convey so much emotion in his face made up for any shortcomings in his vocal performance.

P.S. - Is it just me or is Amanda Seyfried really not attractive at all? I mean she's not ugly per se and I know she was probably cast more for her vocal abilities than her looks, but I felt that the actress playing Eponine was far prettier.

I find her very attractive, but then, I'm weird. Also, I don't know what either of them look like in Les Mis, but I think Amanda Seyfried is far more attractive tham Samantha Banks.

I find her very attractive, but then, I'm weird. Also, I don't know what either of them look like in Les Mis, but I think Amanda Seyfried is far more attractive tham Samantha Banks.
Yes. You are.

The Big Lebowski

Funny, memorable dialogue, very good performances and a nice soundtrack. The Dude has immediately become one of my favourite movie characters of all time. How the hell did Bridges not even get nominated at the Oscars for that performance?