MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 10

Tools    

11 Angry Men (3-6) vs. Sookie's Suckers (6-3)
As expected, LT got whooped in the Patriots' Bye week. But she's not exactly back to full strength this week; Jordy Nelson (who's been randomly exploding at surprisingly useful times for her squad) is on Bye, and Antonio Brown's probably going to miss this week's game. And my team's projected for an insane 144.72 points right now, which is one of the higher projections I've ever seen in this league (see below for a higher one, though).

I need to win out to even have a chance of making the playoffs, but two 7-6 teams made it in 2010, and one did last year, so there's still some hope.

PREDICTION: The 11 Angry Men unleash a whole lot of frustration this week.

Dillon Panthers (7-2) vs. Big Damn Heroes (5-4)
Jay's squad's projection is even more insane than mine; 150.16. Decent chance that this is the highest in league history, or at least right around it, and it comes from all 7 of his starters being projected for 15 or more points. A good chunk of the extra margin comes from Jennings, who's up against the the below-average Indy run defense. Foster's got a tough matchup against Chicago, but you have to wonder if he's a little matchup-proof. And of course, it's a big deal that Tampa Bay's game is at 1:00, seeing as how Doug Martin gets his powers from earth's yellow sun.

Just too much there, I think. Pretty sure Jay's squad is going to have to come down a bit by the playoffs, but at the moment they're all firing at the same time.

PREDICTION: Jay.

Team Zissou (5-4) vs. Wyld Stallyns (5-4)
Fiscal has Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. The Falcons are playing the New Orleans pass defense. Aaron Rodgers is on a Bye. Not sure any other facts are relevant here.

PREDICTION: Fiscal.

RG3scompany (6-3) vs. The Replicants (2-7)
RG3 has come down to earth in a hurry, as I said he would, though he admittedly stayed in the clouds a couple games more than I expected. He's on Bye this week, anyway, though, which means Adam's rolling with Cutler. And he's also rolling with Roddy White. See note above about Atlanta and the Saints' pass defense.

PREDICTION: Adam.

show me the money (2-7) vs. Paper Tigers (2-7)
Dusty's gotta go without Fitzgerald and Finley, though the latter might be a blessing. This is his first game after the big trade with yours truly, so he's got Romo and Charles out there, and Thomas, who's seeing more pass-catching duties with Sproles out. Think Thomas has a nice game here. I'm loathe to pick either because the matchups don't look great on either side, but I'd lean slightly towards Dex.

PREDICTION: Dex.

Liquor And Whores (4-5) vs. Beantown Champs (7-2)
PW's gone from 4-1 to 4-5, and now he's gotta take on Reverse Gypse Curse Pete, who's just 9 points back of Jay for the total points lead. But Pete's missing Trent Richardson and Randall Cobb, and McFadden might not even play, so this is a golden opportunity for an upset in what would otherwise be a very tough matchup. I think PW might steal this one.

PREDICTION: PW

Do or die for the 11 Angry Men, I'm afraid. If you told me right now I'd finish 7-6, I think I'd squeak into one of the last playoff spots with a tiebreaker on points. But no team has ever made the playoffs in this league without at least 7 wins. No more margin.

In the Beginning...
Team Zissou (5-4) vs. Wyld Stallyns (5-4)
Fiscal has Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. The Falcons are playing the New Orleans pass defense. Aaron Rodgers is on a Bye. Not sure any other facts are relevant here.

PREDICTION: Fiscal.
Don't count me out yet.

Wes Welker is coming off his bye week and the Pats are taking on the woeful Buffalo Bills. Carson Palmer is a definite plug-in, but he's playing really well (as he finally has capable targets to throw at). And other than Dwayne Bowe at Pittsburgh, all of my other matchups are pretty favorable.

I think I'll give Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, and friends a fair run for their money.

Dillon Panthers (7-2) vs. Big Damn Heroes (5-4)
Jay's squad's projection is even more insane than mine; 150.16. Decent chance that this is the highest in league history, or at least right around it, and it comes from all 7 of his starters being projected for 15 or more points. A good chunk of the extra margin comes from Jennings, who's up against the the below-average Indy run defense. Foster's got a tough matchup against Chicago, but you have to wonder if he's a little matchup-proof. And of course, it's a big deal that Tampa Bay's game is at 1:00, seeing as how Doug Martin gets his powers from earth's yellow sun.

Just too much there, I think. Pretty sure Jay's squad is going to have to come down a bit by the playoffs, but at the moment they're all firing at the same time.

PREDICTION: Jay..
Even if Yahoos undervalued my guys, I cant argue. Im still the clear underdog.

My big plays -

Hoping Brian Hartline goes off big-time on Tennesee, and CJ manages a great game vs Miami whose 3rd best in run defense.

Dropped Minnesota and snatched up Detroit (vs Minny). Hoping Matt Bryant has alot of chances to kick vs NO, or should I go Tynes v s Cinnci? Think Ill go Tynes.

Dustin Keller hopefully will do good against Seattle.

My biggest obstacle is the Carolina Panthers. Tough on QBs & WRs, and that could be bad for Peyton & Decker. Though they did carve up Houston....

With my overall point total being 7th in the league, and ranked 2nd overall, I know I appear to have gotten alot of great breaks and a fragile hold. Ive even thought that. After this week though....well lets just say Jays Heroes may be a great measuring stick.

Yeah, I've got something like 30 more points than you, but you have a four game lead on me! Such is fantasy football sometimes.

Especially when Pete's transferred a Gypsy Curse to you.

A system of cells interlinked
Cecil Shorts dials up 23 for me last night? Just look out!

I have 3 defenses now. Yes there is a good reason and if anyone else had 3 defenses Im sure they'd feel the urge to explain too. Detroit (vs Minnesota) for this week then Ill drop them, use Cincinnati (vs KC) week 11 then drop them, then roll with the New York Giants. Thank you for your time.

I'm very confident this week, that there will be games played and not only that. People will win and lose games too.

All I know is if my last-minute decision on why defense to play costs me a win (which happened in my other league a few weeks ago), I'll probably throw a fit.

Every year there's like, a 50-50 (or 33-33-34) lineup decision every third week, and there's really no way to break those ties reliably, so you just have to hope they even out. I've just been whiffing on them left and right all year, though, and that's enough to cost you a win or two if all the whiffs come bunched in a single year.

Forgot to mention that if TONGO wins this week, that'll be seven in a row, which will tie the league record (held jointly by LT in 2011, and myself in 2010).

Forgot to mention that if TONGO wins this week, that'll be seven in a row, which will tie the league record (held jointly by LT in 2011, and myself in 2010).

Oh boy I didnt know that! Ugh! Why does Carolinas pass defense have to be so good AGH!

If I tie this record I have to admit it isnt with a steady hand. Im freaking cause Jays lineup this weeks so freakish.

Well, today's the day. Do-or-die. Quite plausible to make the playoffs at 7-6, and if I get there I should have the points to win the necessary tiebreakers. But the odds are basically zero if you finish under .500, so I have to win today (and the next three weeks), or I'll miss the playoffs for the first time in league history.

Sookie's got an annoyingly good matchup for her Pats. All but one of her players are spread out over just three games, and all her starters are going at 1:00 PM.

HERE WE GO!