MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 9

Tools    

11 Angry Men (3-5) vs. Wyld Stallyns (4-4)
I'm through the worst of the Byes, and Sleezy's without Welker and will have to roll with some marginal receivers as a result. Rodgers has a potentially tough matchup, as well. So do my receivers, but Rice usually carves up Cleveland. Keep hope alive!

PREDICTION: Me, if only so the Gypsy Curse can get my hopes up before crushing them in Week 13.

Dillon Panthers (6-2) vs. The Replicants (2-6)
TONGO's rolling; his Broncos are serving him well so far, and Peyton's been as good as both he and I thought he would be pre-season. But he gave up Lynch and is now riding the human roller coaster that is Chris Johnson. CJ's got a really bad matchup, but I think the Broncos all put up solid totals. Meanwhile, Mike's starting three Giants against the Pittsburgh D, which has been too banged up to be too intimidating, but looked solid against Washington last week. Hmmm. Very tough call, but:

PREDICTION: TONGO.

Team Zissou (5-3) vs. Paper Tigers (1-7)
Vick has a great matchup, and so does A. Johnson, and Dallas has been pretty good against the pass, which could be rough for Fiscal who lives and dies with Ryan and Jones.

PREDICTION: Dex.

RG3scompany (5-3) vs. Liquor And Whores (4-4)
Adam's missing Lloyd, Gore, and the SF defense, but both guys are going to have to start iffy RBs from the looks of things. Don't feel too strongly about this one, but:

PREDICTION: Adam.

show me the money (2-6) vs. Big Damn Heroes (4-4)
Dusty's won two in a row! But it probably ends this week. Huge disparity in projections here; too many question marks on Dusty's side, and so few on Jay's right now. There might be some weaknesses long-term, but the lineup's solid at the moment.

PREDICTION: Jay.

Sookie's Suckers (6-2) vs. Beantown Champs (6-2)
Pete lucks out huge; he's the one who gets to play LT while the Pats are on Bye. Practically a free win. If she somehow pulls this out, though, we'll know her victory this year is being willed from above.

PREDICTION: Pete.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yoda is a cruel cruel beast. its the disney influence obviously.

also Statchat doesnt give Gates no respect, his TD not registering somehow.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ok check that, TD is on the board.

lol@ norv turner calling a pass sitten on teh 1 with Timeout in hip pocket.

Ryan Matthews owners not thrilled i suspect

I dont know if Yoda will want to change his prediction on my game, but this week Im benching Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker for Steve Smith, and Jeremy Maclin.

CJ vs the Bears....why take the chance? Sure CJ might get a 20 point game, but its more likely the Bears will be dominant. Like the Jets, Ravens, and Eagles of years past the Bears are more legitimately at that level right now.

The Bengals are pretty good vs the pass, and Im sure will have Decker double covered. Smiths @ Washington who are horrible vs the pass, and Maclins @ New Orleans who cant perform any pass protection either.

I've actually got one of the tougher lineup decisions I've had in quite a long time. Pierre Thomas, getting the nod with Sproles hurt, Spiller, who seems completely back to normal and putting up very strong numbers even with Jackson back, or Titus Young, who's the clear #2 in Detroit and getting a lot of looks with Megatron getting double-teamed.

All three are projected and ranked in the same basic range. I'd feel comfortable with any of them, really. I guess I'll have to turn to the WifeCat Triumvirate before tomorrow morning to help me make a decision.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Only because of it being PPR would I recommend Titus Young. Or else I would say Spiller. Good luck whichever way it turns out.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. But then, Thomas is a decent pass-catcher and would presumably fill that role with Sproles out. And Spiller gets a decent value in PPR from pass catching, too! They're all part of the passing game.

Titus is probably the most likely to have a really big day, though, if a little more likely to have a bad one. Hmmm.

Normally Id say Spiller but Houston is the type of defense you avoid. So this week I'd go with Piere Thomas.

Gah, Titus Young just missed a TD! Could've used that one with Detroit up big already, and with Nate Washington actually catching a long TD. Pretty close so far, if you look at the players yet to play.

Well, the TD young just missed stopped him from having a strong day. Spiller puts up 15 (!) against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Note to self: do not bench C.J. Spiller, like ever. He's basically bulletproof in PPR.

A system of cells interlinked
Doug Martin...

I have him in my other league. This guy just exploded today, racking up 265 yards and 3TDs... There are entire teams that played today that didn't put that yardage up...

AP2 on the horizon?

EDIT: Did I say 265 and 3 TDs?

I meant 272 and 4 TDs...

The World's Smallest Violin
Who the hell is Doug Martin???

A system of cells interlinked
I drafted 2 rookie RB in my other league.

T-Rich and D Martin

I am thinking 55 points is a league record for an RB, perhaps?

The World's Smallest Violin
Crazy stuff, certainly. Last week his rock-solid performance wasn't enough for me to solidify the win. This week, I'm thinking, will be different.

Oh and, great win Tongs!
I havent won yet, but it is likely.

Dillon Panthers 96.74 to Replicants 56.60. Chris Johnson managed to get 20 points, and Decker got 30 points, and of course both on my pine. Sedais woes run more deep as Eli, Cruz, and Andre Brown did little to nothing for him. Joique Bell got 20 points on Sedais bench too to add salt to the dish.

Replicants still have Dez Bryant tonight, and Shady McCoy tomorrow, and I have Maclin tomorrow too. Its likely Ill win, but yanevahknow'!

Ugh. Sleezy put up a beatable total, right in line with projections, but I just couldn't meet it. Too many guys vanished when I needed them, and the others were good-but-not-great. No bust-outs to cover the others.

It's baseball all over again. I'm looking at my team and I don't see where the problem's supposed to be, but here I am. I'll need to win out to even have a chance at the playoffs, and there are decent odds that won't even be enough.