Pets

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks Nebs!

I gotta get in on this, too.

Here's my kitty Tiny Tim, or Tiny for short (named after the Dickens character, not the creepy performer guy).

We're working on his weight problem.

The Adventure Starts Here!
My beloved Murray the guinea pig died in late March (age 6.5). I miss having a little squeaker around to talk to in my office, so a local small animal rescue is holding one of these little guys (gals?) for me, due to leave their care in a few weeks: http://threeriversrescue.weebly.com/ (See the black guinea pig babies in the lower right.)

The owner's pretty sure they're all females, so I'm trying to come up with a suitable name.... Favorite movie or TV character? Nothing's coming to me....

Is Pico a spanish name?

Hi Sleezy they are so cute, oh and you too

Boris in my wardrobe he pulled some clothes down to make himself more comfortable

In the Beginning...
Is Pico a spanish name?
According to my girlfriend's college buddy, who is also a scientist, "Pico" is some kind of scientific measurement roughly meaning "small." Since he was small when we got him, we went with that. But yeah, we pronounce it like "pico de gallo."

Lol, the reason I asked was because you gave him a "spanish" or "scientific measurement" name and name the rest of your animals english names lol. I had to know the story behind it lol.

Awww, Jelly Belly is my favorite. They all look almost cute (and coming from me, that's a compliment since I've never been partial to pet rodents with tails -- mice, rats, gerbils).

They have a sweet, almost cartoon-character cuteness to them.

Here's a photo from the animal rescue guy of my little guy. I'll be picking him up from the Animal Rescue League this weekend. Currently his name is Orville Redenbacher Cadbury (Bob for short)...

I love that you're calling him Bob for short.
He's adorable.

Definitely have to keep Cadbury in his name then, since he was born on Easter. Jelly Belly was born on Valentine's Day 2010. I almost named him Cupid.

Oh and make no mistake about it: Cute though he may be, Dawg is pure evil.

Ha ha, I love that you have one black sheep in the family then.

As for Cadbury, that's his current name at his foster home, so I'd like to keep it in there somewhere. Especially since my beloved Burmese cat (whom I got from the same shelter back in 1985) was named Hershey... after another chocolate company. I think I said all this in the Shoutbox. LOL

Can't wait to meet my little guy. Tomorrow I'm starting to set up his enclosure and make sure everything is neat and clean and ready. I have to get alfalfa hay for him too -- adults eat timothy hay so I have some of that left from Murray but babies need alfalfa hay instead....

Ah yes, the waiting and the preparing in anticipation of a new arrival. I know it well. Here's hoping the next few days don't drag too much for you.

In the Beginning...
Miss Vicki and Austruck,

Nice critters! I've had several rats and guinea pigs over the last 10 years too (mostly because I worked at a daycare). People get so freaked out by rats, but domesticated pet rats really are some of the best pets you can have. They're docile, friendly, and extremely social. They take a little bit more effort to care for, but it's worth it.

I'm not at home right now, but I think I'll go home tonight and see if I have some pictures to share.