Undefeated

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FEATURE
Bullhead (Belgium)
Footnote (Israel)
In Darkness (Poland)
Monsieur Lazhar (Canada)
A Separation (Iran)

Complete list @ http://oscar.go.com/nominees
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Have to admit that I doubt War Horse is that good.. Can't help it.. it's based on a childrens book.. I'm sorry Spielberg

Wow. Pixar without a nominee in Best Animated Feature. Third time that's happened, but every other time it was because they hadn't released anything.

Boom: already got all the nominees inputted into the Oscar Picks Pool database. Gotta head to work but all I need to do is upload some small poster images and it'll be open for business.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've heard terrible things about Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, but who knows.

I really want to see The Descendants, and I probably want that film to win I'm guessing.

Or Midnight in Paris, but that's an obvious longshot.

Put me in your pocket...
I'm a little stunned that The Adventures if Tintin wasn't nominated in the Best Animated Film category.

I have had no desire to see Kung Fu Panda 2, but now I guess I'll have to watch it to see why it was chosen over Tintin.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That's true about Tintin, and they nominated five films. Does the Academy have a prejudice against "Motion Capture Animation"?

Yeah, I wonder if that hurt it, in the way some voters will leave Japanese import baseball players off their Rookie of the Year ballot altogether and cost them the award to protest the entire idea.

Anyway, I haven't seen Tintin yet, but Kung Fu Panda 2 was quite good. The marketing makes both of the KFP movies look highly disposable, but they've got some pretty lovely art design, some more traditional (but highly stylized) animation sequences mixed in with the CGI, some genuinely exciting fight scenes, and they're actually pretty funny. I highly recommend them both.

Puss in Boots as best animated feature? Are you kidding me? Granted, Cars 2 was Pixar's weakest effort to date, but it was still a heck of a lot better than Puss and I say that as a fan of the Shrek movies and the Puss in Boots character in particular.

Not that I'll be watching the ceremony anyway. I've only seen a total of four of the nominated movies (The Help, Bridesmaids, Puss In Boots and Rango).

Got the picks page up:

http://www.movieforums.com/oscars/picks

Obviously I'll be reminding everyone about this relentlessly over the next month, but for those who just can't wait to start picking and choosing, have at it.

Best Tweets in reaction to the Oscar noms so far...

ALBERT BROOKS
I got ROBBED! I don't mean the Oscars, I mean literally. My pants and shoes have been stolen.

ALBERT BROOKS
And to the Academy: "You don't like me. You really don't like me."

PATTON OSWALT
Join me for a drink at The Drawing Room, Albert Brooks? Me and Serkis have been here since 6am.

PATTON OSWALT
Albert Brooks, see you later tonight. Might be out of booze -- Serkis has Pogues on the jukebox & Fassbender just showed up in a pirate hat.

PATTON OSWALT
Oh ***** -- we're DEFINITELY going to run out of booze. Charlize & Tilda just pulled up in a stolen police car.

This morning The Artist received ten Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Cinematography and Best Original Score. Shortly thereafter, somewhere in the Los Angeles dawn, Kim Novak kicks one of her many cats and unleashes a torrent of profanities at the house plants.

Have to admit that I doubt War Horse is that good.. Can't help it.. it's based on a childrens book.. I'm sorry Spielberg
It was turned into an acclaimed stage production. Take a look at that.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I have had no desire to see Kung Fu Panda 2, but now I guess I'll have to watch it to see why it was chosen over Tintin.
It's a great movie. I didn't like Kung Fu Panda, but the sequel won me over. Gary Oldman voicing a vengeful peacock was a bonus

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Got the picks page up:

http://www.movieforums.com/oscars/picks

Obviously I'll be reminding everyone about this relentlessly over the next month, but for those who just can't wait to start picking and choosing, have at it.
Just made my picks!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm disappointed but not surprised that Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy didn't make the best picture list, especially since there's ten slots. Hope it gets something, anyway.