What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The Times of Harvey Milk CRITERION COLLECTION

Basil Dearden's London Underground

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i recently bought constatine, district 9, the one, kung fu hustle, night at the museum 1&2, and terminator [the new one] all on bluray...

Miller's Crossing, Coen Bros fan, loved the acting, direction, and style of this film; Merchant of Venice, Al Pacino and Jeremy Irons, excellent version of the play; Little Big Man, great story and great performance by Dustin Hoffman. Gotta get a copy of The Usual Suspects next.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Most recent DVD acquisitions were Some Like it Hot, Long Kiss Goodnight and Miami Vice.

Only bought Miami Vice as it was £1. Not seen the film but love the original series so thought I'd give it a go for a £1.

Blade Runner. Cost £5 and I'd heard good things.
Good Buy

Well even though I purchased it a week or so ago today I received my Alfred Hitchcock 14 disc boxset. Bought it for just £12!!!

I think 14 films for £12 was an incredible deal, especially when so many of them are absolute classics

Just got Mean Streets in the Post

Was in town today and picked up a batch of DVDs. I got Amadeus, The Chorus, Repo Man and In the Loop for a total of £14. So pretty happy with that

Also picked up a cheap DVD for a film called Cake. Never heard of it but it does have Heather Graham in it who I'm a big fan of. Was only a couple of pounds so thought I'd give it a shot

The People's Republic of Clogher

A step up on the DVD but not, apparently, the greatest transfer and no extras (I bet it says something like 'fully interactive menus' on the back of the case ) but, hey.

It's The Grifters.

The People's Republic of Clogher

When I cross reference 'slightly guilty pleasure' with 'dirt cheap' I come up with In The Electric Mist.

Old Grumpy Guts at his best.

Just received a James Stewart collection in the post this morning. 6 films for £6, films being

Anatomy of a Murder
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Man From Laramie
Two Rode Together
You Can't Take it With You
Bell, Book and Candle

Got it for £2. Me naw wer 2 shop mon. Also got it because i'm a huge fan of the film and the extras are substantial enough to make it a good collector's item.

Got this film because I had meant it to get ages but for whatever reason I never invested. Saw it for £1.50 and given the fairly impressive cast, thought it would be worth it. I think that Sarah Polley is a very good actor as well and have been a little bit of a fan since Go, so she's another reason why I took a chance on this.

The last dvd that i bought was Natural Born Killers and it was a good dvd I thought i was better on dvd then on vhs