Japanese version of this movie please anyone?

Tools    

I'm trying to find the original japanese version ( or was it thai, i cant remember) for this movie The Ring coz people were saying the original is much, much scarier?

is this true? i cant seem to make my mind up from reading the reviews. and i dont want to waste money buying a film that does not live up to the hype. has anyone seen it and can let me know where i can get it?

thanks loads!

I edited the link out of your post which was totally unnecessary and nothing more than Spam... which if you read the rules, you know is not allowed...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
The original version of the film was called Ringu. It came out in 1998, I believe.

Actually, seeing as you're in the UK andy, the original was called Ring over here (followed by Ring 2 and Ring 0, which is a prequel, if you're interested.) I've not seen the US remake, so I can't tell you whether it was better or not (but as it's a remake of an Asian horror film, I'd guess that it isn't) but I can tell you that I thought the original was good and worth seeing.

The original Japanese version is called Ringu.
I think the American remake, The Ring, is scarier, but Ringu may actually be the better movie, being more of a mood piece. It's frightening, no doubt, but The Ring scared the living hell out of me, maybe because I saw it first.

I'm completely with ya', Prospero. I saw The Ring without having seen Ringu, and it scared the living daylights out of me. Most scared I've ever been of a movie, I'd say. Enough that I haven't really wanted to seek out Ringu, and probably won't for awhile.

I saw the original Japanese version of The Ring at the Cornerhouse on Oxford Road in Manchester. I thought it was pretty good and well worth seeing, but haven't bothered with the remake.

Good to see another person from Manchester on here; hope you stick around

Yeah, "Ringu" is good. But if you've seen the TV scene in the remake...you've lost a lot of its power.

And Welcome to another UKer. Only about an hour's drive from Manchester myself.