Arrested Development Movie Official Thread

Tools    

I couldn't find a thread for the upcoming arrested develoopemt movie so i decided to start one

You probably couldn't find a thread because there's no indication or announcement yet that Hurwitz and company will actually make it. Bateman and Tambor have recently both publicly been saying that there's still hope, that it's not completely dead...but that's a ways off from pre-production or a greenlight.

But thanks!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You're a Genius all the time
Originally Posted by Swedish Chef in some other thread
You won't find a much more rabid Arrested Development fan than me, but I don't know if a movie is all that great of an idea. By the end of the third season, the show had already lost a lot of its momentum. And while the Bluth clan seems like a veritable goldmine of comic possibilities, I do think think they had nearly mined it dry after fifty or so episodes. Also, I don't know if the humor in AD would even translate to the big screen. A lot of the funny was derived from seeing how far they could go on network television, with bleeps and Tobias' homo-erotic puns and whatnot. Every episode of the show moved at a breakneck pace and I don't know if they would be able to keep that up for a whole movie, either. For something that worked as well as AD, you've got to be careful about mucking about with the formula.
Wow, I sure talk a big talk and whatnot about not really wanting an Arrested Development movie. It's true, it would be awfully tough to achieve the same kind of frenzied genius the original series managed to perfect. So this could conceivably crash and burn. But, truth be told, I just blue myself. I just blue myself hard.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm still hearing that Cera is hesitating on doing the movie.

Suspect's Reviews

North American Scum!
I'm still hearing that Cera is hesitating on doing the movie.
That little Judas ...but seriously why would he not want to bring back AD? Chef makes a good point about the show's frenetic pace that wouldn't translate well to the big screen but at worst it'll be an overly long episode of AD...and any episode is a good a episode IMO.

p.s. Sorry for the disparaging remark towards Cera. I still love him.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
HAHA Judas that's so funny

I for one want more arrested development no matter what it is, if it's bad i'll just ignore it altogether it won't 'ruin' anything for me and if it's good well yay! nothing to lose...for me. Cera better ****ing do it though

But, truth be told, I just blue myself. I just blue myself hard.
i can't tell you how many times i've quoted that.
"I'm afraid i just blue myself."

"There's gotta be a better way to phrase that."

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
You won't find a much more rabid Arrested Development fan than me
*raises hand eagerly*

Well, I don't think any of it's quite official yet, but from the sound of things, yeah, Mitchell Hurwitz will be involved. The movie may or may not get made, but I don't think there's any chance of it getting made without him.

The good news continues to pile up; Ron Howard sounded awfully optimistic about the possibility of an AD flick on the red carpet last night. Better still, he said he couldn't say too much about it, which I think is probably a good sign.

For the first time, I feel genuinely convinced that this'll go forward.

aw righteous!

i hope this does happen! definitely a "Brilliant but Canceled" series. why could they not pull a Family Guy and come back to Fox!? maybe this movie will help my dream come true!

also if Ron Howard does direct (like imdb states). that would be pretty schweet!

does look like Cera is a lock, so the wheels are churning

wheels can totally churn

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
"but everyone who has agreed to make this movie has agreed to make this movie, and we're going to make the movie. I haven't written it yet, so I'll be accepting pitches. We're determined to do this." ~ Mitch Hurwitz

Sweet, glad to hear that the movie is in the works. They better have a big role for the best character in the series, G.O.B.!!

Yes! Let the countdown begin!

The
, if you will....