The Mummy 3

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I've never heard that it's alternate title was The Mummy 3....why would it be? It has nothing to do with mummies! It is a spin-off (and not a good one at that). The ONLY thing that The Scorpion King has in common with the Mummy is the title character (who is much different from the character in the Mummy....at least in morals)

I'm not sure there is going to be a Mummy 3. I heard something about a theme park ride earlier.....

And if they have a "Mummy 3" I will be livid if they have to alter the title because of The Scorpion King .

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I'm not sure there is going to be a Mummy 3. I heard something about a theme park ride earlier.....
That would make sense. But that picture that jrs showed us doesn't seem to me that that would be an advertisement for an amusement park ride... but the words "Awakening in 2004" might leave us in a clue of some sort. Anyways, if there was such a thing as a theme park ride, it'd be at one of the Universal owned parks, since Universal owns the Mummy rights.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
That would make sense. But that picture that jrs showed us doesn't seem to me that that would be an advertisement for an amusement park ride... but the words "Awakening in 2004" might leave us in a clue of some sort. Anyways, if there was such a thing as a theme park ride, it'd be at one of the Universal owned parks, since Universal owns the Mummy rights.
It doesn't seem so to me either....but I guess it makes more sense that way. How could they do a third one anyway? The main character (or title character.....more accurate that way) is WAY gone.

It is an ad for the ride. I jut quit working at UNiversal like 3 months ago. I almost decided to stay b/c of that ride

Originally Posted by jrs
Take a look here .

Any news on the next installment of the movie? Was this at the new ride at Disney?

The ride is gonna be at Universal, not Disney, seeing as how Disney has absolutely nothing to do with it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
** Director Rob Cohen has posted on his blog the official synopsis for the anticipated THE MUMMY TOMB OF THE DRAGON, the third installment in Universal Pictures action franchise:

The blockbuster global "Mummy" franchise takes a spellbinding turn as the action shifts to Asia for the next chapter in the adventure series. Brendan Fraser returns as explorer Rick O'Connell to combat the resurrected Han Emperor (Jet Li) in an epic that races from the catacombs of ancient China high into the frigid Himalayas. Rick is joined in this all-new adventure by son Alex (newcomer Luke Ford), wife Evelyn (Maria Bello) and her brother, Jonathan (John Hannah). And this time, the O'Connells must stop a mummy awoken from a 2,000-year-old curse who threatens to plunge the world into his merciless, unending service.

Doomed by a double-crossing sorceress (Michelle Yeoh) to spend eternity in suspended animation, China's ruthless Dragon Emperor and his 10,000 warriors have laid forgotten for eons, entombed in clay as a vast, silent terra cotta army. But when dashing adventurer Alex O'Connell is tricked into awakening the ruler from eternal slumber, the reckless young archaeologist must seek the help of the only people who know more than he does about taking down the undead: his parents.

As the monarch roars back to life, our heroes find his quest for world domination has only intensified over the millennia. Striding the Far East with unimaginable supernatural powers, the Emperor Mummy will rouse his legion as an unstoppable, otherworldly force...unless the O'Connells can stop him first.

Suspect's Reviews

I've already watched the 1 & 2..I'm looking forward for this one..

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Movie looks like crap... but the poster does look cool. Not going to lie

You ready? You look ready.
The Mummy 3? Ah crap.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I wonder how they're gonna use Jet Li as the mummy when he is known for his quick acrobatic martial arts while Mummies are generally stiff and not known for their agility. I don't know if I can accept a Mummy kicking Brendan Fraser's ass with wushu and graceful kicks to the face.

-Hattori Hanzo

wuwaaha again scary mummies?

those movies are pure type of entertainment that are generally for the mass audience.And probably just like its predecessors and the last Indiana Jones movie where the screenwriters have gathered a whole kindergarten to write their script(for god sake no one died from bullets.Either they were eaten by insects or burned by mysterious force)which totally spoils the movie

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have really enjoyed the mummy series. and im hoping this is going to be good. I really was disapointed with the Scorpian king. it was very crap. im hoping this installment will be better.

haha wow nice job reviving an old old thread

I've never heard that it's alternate title was The Mummy 3....why would it be? It has nothing to do with mummies! It is a spin-off (and not a good one at that). The ONLY thing that The Scorpion King has in common with the Mummy is the title character (who is much different from the character in the Mummy....at least in morals)

And if they have a "Mummy 3" I will be livid if they have to alter the title because of The Scorpion King .

Well if you look at the script and story the scorpion king should be a prequel and not a sequel. The third part of the Mummy series does start Brendon Fraser and Jet Li. Wonder why they have replaced Rachel Weisz as Evelyn o'connel....

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Had to search for this thread.. but hey, found it!

So, it's at 11% at Rottentomatoes. Yesterday, it never got out of 0%!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mumm...ragon_emperor/

I mean, can a movie really be this bad? Are the critics being overly critical? How can it be that bad???

Am I the only one willing to go see it anyway?

I adore Brendan Frasier and I'm not embarassed to say so.

The wife and I will be seeing it tomorrow at some point. She's been freaking out ever since she saw the first trailer for it. Somehow though I don't think this is going to be quite as much fun as The Dark Knight.