An Apology to All "Movie Forums" Members

Tools    

As many of you may have noticed, I've been spamming in your threads for the last few weeks trying to promote the site that was in my signature.
Before I continue, I would like to apologize to all of you for doing so. I know that spam is a waste of space, and it does hurt the credibility of the internet overall. I just want everybody to know that I was being a spam-whore because of my job. I just have to meet a weekly quota of posting 150 times on different forums concerning movies, celebrities, Hollywood, etc. It sucks, and I just try to do what I can to get done with my work and call it a day (I'm sure we've all felt the same way at some point or another).
However, I know that doesn't excuse my actions. I respect this forum enough to stop spamming and posting altogether. I 've read what most of you have discussed here, in various threads, and grew aware of the substance of your opinions and knowledge. Again, I apologize for not contributing to them, in fact I feel like I'm ruining it.
Anyway, I leave you all with an assurance that you will not see any more spam from me. But if you know any forums which I can spam the hell out of, I'm open to any suggestions (just kidding).

Thanks for hearing me out. Peace!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Here's a suggestion - keep posting here without the spam.

It's a great place and we've all had sh*t jobs, eh?

Kudos for this post, by the way.

Wow. Wasn't expecting this.

In case anyone's wondering, I sent global a PM the other day because I'd noticed he'd posted a few dozen relatively short, largely unnecessary posts, and had a link to his site in his signature. I asked him if he was just here to promote his site, and I suppose this is his response.

Very big of you. The sentiment is certainly appreciated.

Very interesting that you mention a "quota," though. I've run into lots of people on this forum over the years who were clearly in similar positions. It seems that when an Internet marketing firm talks up their "guerilla" marketing abilities, this is what they really mean. It's usually not as blatant as actual spam -- and therefore, at least not as intrusive -- but it's harder to detect and detail with.

Anyway, thanks for opening up about the whole thing. If only we could get more of the people managing these organizations to realize how many potential customers they're alienating with these techniques...

I agree with Tatty and Yods, there's certainly nothing wrong with pretending to Spam and then just hanging out here. I spend plenty of time on here when I should be working, eating, sleeping or several other relatively important things.

If you must Spam then by all means go here not only is spam never deleted but you will be able to spam it until your hearts content. Pssst... no moderators! A spammers dream if there is such a thing, I says. So knock yourself out.

As many of you may have noticed, I've been spamming in your threads for the last few weeks trying to promote the site that was in my signature.
Before I continue, I would like to apologize to all of you for doing so. I know that spam is a waste of space, and it does hurt the credibility of the internet overall. I just want everybody to know that I was being a spam-whore because of my job. I just have to meet a weekly quota of posting 150 times on different forums concerning movies, celebrities, Hollywood, etc. It sucks, and I just try to do what I can to get done with my work and call it a day (I'm sure we've all felt the same way at some point or another).
However, I know that doesn't excuse my actions. I respect this forum enough to stop spamming and posting altogether. I 've read what most of you have discussed here, in various threads, and grew aware of the substance of your opinions and knowledge. Again, I apologize for not contributing to them, in fact I feel like I'm ruining it.
Anyway, I leave you all with an assurance that you will not see any more spam from me. But if you know any forums which I can spam the hell out of, I'm open to any suggestions (just kidding).

Thanks for hearing me out. Peace!
As a new member, I really cannot and will not condone spamming, but, if you're true to your word and won't do it anymore, then your apology will be accepted. Seeing is believing, imho.

As a new member, I really cannot and will not condone spamming, but, if you're true to your word and won't do it anymore, then your apology will be accepted. Seeing is believing, imho.
Well Im sure that is a giant relief for him Dad.

Personally I still think....actually I'll shut up about what I think im still a 10% bad ass acording to my rep but lets just say It wouldnt be half as diplomatic as WSS and probably a lil outside the popular opinion... TA TA Thanks for coming.

Colour out of Time
Think I saw ... and reported one of his spams ... something about a giveaway competition.

However an unexpected response and shows your true character

I'm thinking that you are just the 'sort' that will be made welcome here ... also thanks for the insight on E-marketing techniques.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Well Im sure that is a giant relief for him Dad.
That's your real life father?

Damn. I gotta get my family on here so that I'm not the only one who's cited out for oddness in this fine community.

Speaking of fine communities, has MoFo.org ever mentioned us before in their threads, or dropped us a PM or something? Curious to see whether they hate us or just plain don't care.

At any rate, like Yoda, I wasn't expecting this. Goes to show that this guy's got some internet balls to stand up for his actions. Kudos to you, my friend.

Personally I still think....actually I'll shut up about what I think im still a 10% bad ass acording to my rep but lets just say It wouldnt be half as diplomatic as WSS and probably a lil outside the popular opinion... TA TA Thanks for coming.