The Grindhouse Thread

Tools    

So the film is like 3:05 for running time.

AND I WON TICKETS TO SEE IT TOMORROW!!!

YIPPIE

I'm glad I saw it earlier. The version I saw was like 3 and a half hours the most. And fun to watch if I may add.

All the cuts in the theatrical release will be replaced with "uncensored" splashed on screen. There are quite a few awesome scenes that are gonna be cut. During the intermission (from what I saw) is a fake trailer for a horror film entitled Thanksgiving. It may or may or not make it.

3 hrs long huh. I wonder since there are two seperate films going on if there will be a slight intermission between features. Double features normally have that. Ooooh how I love double features. Tough to come by them nowadays it seems. Last one I went to was like 9 years ago.

3 hrs long huh. I wonder since there are two seperate films going on if there will be a slight intermission between features.
Read here and here.

During intermission there will be 2-3 bogus B-movie trailers. One for a film which they entitled Thanksgiving which I hope isn't cut. These were during intermission for me, but from what I hear from sources they tell me to "stay after the credits."

It's possible theatrically the intermission might be different and thesee trailers might be after both. Or something else......IDK yet.

Personally, I'm thinking Death Proof will be the better of the two.

Jrs, you've seen this already, correct? Is it something you would recommend?

I'm going to see it either way, I'm just wondering if I should be looking forward to it as much as I am. I really can't wait to see it.

"I am."

I'm interested in this, and I'll probably see it, but I'm not sure yet. I don't think I'm squeamish by any standard, but it looks pretty over-the-top, to the point of possibly detracting from the film(s). In other words, I'm wondering if there's any point to it all, other than pure shock value. If not, I might pass. I'll have to mull it over a bit more.

Saw it again this evening. The 'R' rated version is totally different. compared to the 'NC-17' version which I viewed in California at Dimension. The uncut, NC-17 version is almost 4 hours long.

I sat through the film, having a ball last month. What was different (besides the obvious), was I had a sort of commentary before and after and in between. I sat along with Bob and Harvey Weinstein, president of Dimension Cary Granat, Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino and Rose McGowan (whom I actually begged to meet - no kidding!!!)

Finally, after the screening we went to a late lunch/early dinner at The Cannery.

Saw it again this evening. The 'R' rated version is totally different. compared to the 'NC-17' version which I viewed in California at Dimension. The uncut, NC-17 version is almost 4 hours long.

I sat through the film, having a ball last month. What was different (besides the obvious), was I had a sort of commentary before and after and in between. I sat along with Bob and Harvey Weinstein, president of Dimension Cary Granat, Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino and Rose McGowan (whom I actually begged to meet - no kidding!!!)

Finally, after the screening we went to a late lunch/early dinner at The Cannery.
I'm watching a Dimension film right now actually. Starsky and Hutch. I thought Dimension recently got taken over by someone else though.

With the film being so awesome and done by two of the best filmmaker's in film history, I can't believe how bad it's doin (Grindhouse) at the box office....especially on its opening weekend. That piece of crap Are We Done Yet was #1 for pete's sake.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Good news for those of us who enjoyed the so called "bogus" trailers.

Maybe this will be put assembled with another double feature? Hopefully Thanksgiving? Probably not, but it's worth the thought.

Maybe this will be put assembled with another double feature? Hopefully Thanksgiving? Probably not..
Not. Thanksgiving, along with Don't and Werewolf Women of the SS (I think that's the name) are all totally bogus as mentioned billions of times here on MoFo.

Machete on the other hand is an actual feature. 2 hints: the trailer before the film and the "Coming Soon" poster of it dead center on the Grindhouse standee in theaters.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Machete on the other hand is an actual feature. 2 hints: the trailer before the film and the "Coming Soon" poster of it dead center on the Grindhouse standee in theaters.
Yeah, I heard that Robert Rodriguez was making Machete as possibly his next film. I'd definitely see it.

Ummm, is Machete in that trailer the same Machete as appeared in the first Spy Kids film? Same actor, so it makes me wonder. if so, that's too funny.

Grindhouse was an awesome film, by the way. So far the best I've seen all year.

Isn't this piece of crap doing bad in the theaters? I hope so. What a stupid joke.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Don't get what you're asking.
He's asking if that's the same actor...

The answer is yes.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Don't get what you're asking.
there's a character in the first spy kids film named machete, played by the same actor as in the trailer in front of grindhouse. i was wondering if it was meant to be the same character or not?