Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Meaning....they added Libby's death just to give that whole episode/scene some emotional punch?? Yikes.

And here I was thinking that, after Eko's death, all you had to do to get off of "Lost" was get picked up by a traffic cop somewhere....

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Would like to see some more of the outside world they alluded to end of Season 2 and more info on on Claire and the baby and Walt and Micheal which i imagine will only appear at the end of the season.
The story with Penny and the guys in the ice will be addressed in the second half of the series, as will Libby. Apparently she is a big smelly piece of the puzzle. We also get to find out how wonderful Mr Locke lost the use of his legs. Can't wait.

Maybe these little tidbits will help you deal with the 14 weeks of a Lost free life.
There's this video of Yunjin Kim (Sun).

Found this interview with Jorge Garcia, thought you all would enjoy it.

Q&A
With Lost's Hurley

Like everybody else, we're massive Lost dorks. Mind you, we haven't
combed the double-secret web sites for clues, read the novel tie-ins, or, under the nom de plume "IslandBoy815," posted a theory that the since-destroyed hatch was envisioned as an elaborate, metaphorical vagina. Still, as we approach the show's October 4 season premiere, we're positively atwitter with curiosity. Happily, the great Jorge Garcia, who plays lottery winner/deadpan dude Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, was available for a quickie Lost fix....more

Well its that time again, folks. Thought i'd give this a bump to see what people thought of last night's episode.

All i will say is that flashbacks usually make me like the person more. Juliette's flashback felt flat and i didnt care about her at all. Maybe thats just the actress, though.

thoughtS?

I watched Lost this week too! This show is so clever. I'm so addicted. Can't wait to see more!

Yeah, I just rewatched the new episode last night. Too much craziness going on!

WARNING: "Lost" spoilers below
Dharma having her ex hit by a bus was a bit of a shock, to say the least. Didn't see that one coming. What a day she had! And, of course, confirmation that Ben is the father of Rousseau's daughter. So, she's been there her whole life too, and part of that "group."

And I keep wondering what some of that brainwashing text meant ("God loves you as he loved Jacob"). I know there has been talk on other Lost boards about some guy named Jacob being the *real* leader (not Ben), but I immediately thought of the biblical Jacob. Still, Carl's going to be wacked-out for a while, eh?

And since Juliette's been there over three years, whatever happened with her sister's pregnancy is long over. I assume Juliette doesn't know anything about her ...

Oh, FWIW, Robin Weigert now makes THREE actresses from Deadwood who've shown up on Lost this season. That's kinda weird all by itself. Do the two shows have the same producer or something??

Aus, can you elaborate on the whole Jacob thing? I know he is mentioned in the bible but whats his story?

The company that hires Juliette in the end is called Mittlewerk. Dr Mittlewerk is the evil CEO who over threw Alva Hanso in the Lost Experience and is now running the Hanso Foundation and its evil experiments - one of which being the Island.

Apparently, the date Juliette gives at the end of the episode leads straight back to 9/11...apparently.

A system of cells interlinked
Another great ep last night! I have really enjoyed the last couple. Where did you read some of thos facts, Blib? I need a Lost site to waste some time on!

I like this Lost forum/site, Sedai:

http://lost.cubit.net/index.php

I especially like the little investigations they do along the lefthand side of the main page. Lots of screenshots and goodies and easter egg type stuff. There are some wackos there, but not too many.

It was a good episode. I love Desmond's character anyway so it was good to have a Desmond-centric episode for a change. And wow, I'm still trying to figure out who the jewelry store lady is/was. Is she a hallucination? Just how much of that was real flashback and how much was in Desmond's head? Did it seem to anyone else that he switched the premonition thing on and off each time he bumped his head?

I think Charlie's storyline is fading fast. I'm thinking RED SHIRT! RED SHIRT!

i thought it was a great episode. i have no idea what is going on and im done trying to figure it out. im just enjoying the ride.

The previews for next week stated that THREE big answers to Lost questions will be revealed. You should read all the speculation on what all that's about! Can't wait!!

Originally Posted by Sedai
Another great ep last night! I have really enjoyed the last couple. Where did you read some of thos facts, Blib? I need a Lost site to waste some time on!

The first thing i know becuase i got a little too addicted to the Lost Experience last summer, Mittlewerk was a big character in that and the ultimate baddie...

And the second thing i heard from the editor of the official magazine. Whenever i need a Lost gossip fix i just go and sit next to him and get him to tell me a story. Its like story time at school.

I remember Aus has some good links, and that one below is a great one. The best site i have found and use all the time for my Lost fix is LostPedia. Its like Wickapedia...but Lostified! They have everything here. Check it out.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Good episode, nice to see it going somewhere (hopefully), though not liking all the hokey stuff they seem to be incorporating. Also liking some of the flashback actors they're getting in- Cheech Marin, Nathon Fillion...

This show is so much better than Heroes. Thats for damn sure.

Last night's episode was pretty fun. I like how the Lost writers dont feel compelled to deal with every single plot element in every episode, which keeps us watching but leaves room for some lighter episodes like last night's. Thats something Heroes might need to take note of.

Looks like Lost is back on track, last episode restored my faith in the show. Patches was a nice character addition and is the Black Smoke going to making a return, and could Patchy give an explanation to it?

Yeah, this is a definite RE-WATCH for me today. I was uploading student papers while trying to pay attention last night, but all I kept thinking was, "Wow, now THIS is why I watch Lost!"

They're back, baby! Lots of questions answered, lots of questions asked. Patchy was great, but what was up with him shooting that Others chick after she spoke Russian to him? I assume she was telling him to shoot her, but why? What the heck were they protecting at that house? (And a real bummer that it blew up. I wanted to see more with what that computer did.)

But now they have a MAP!

I knew the house was going to blow up when Hanso (?) said to input the numbers if it was compromised and saw the C4, thought might be bye bye to Locke or Kate though....

I'm pretty sure the black woman was telling Patchy to shoot her to give him the advantage in the stand off. Didn't realise that the Others were completely seperate to Dharma, geting bit confused, was Desmonds hatch companion Dharma or Other?

The thing i think the Series is going to have problems with is the fact that all the question are being geared towards the Others and without any Other characters, having the questions answered is probably only going to be through Jack and Julliete making the other survivors storys obstructions to answers. At least thats how i'm feeling.

Not sure I'm following you on that last paragraph, Pyro. (??)

I knew it was going to blow up (and you'll like this) when yes, they found the C4, BUT when they were looking at those white boxed Dharma things, and the logo was a flame. (You know they have the Hydro hatch and the other hatches have names. I knew there was a Flame hatch coming, but I didn't know how we'd see it.)

What confuses me about the black woman telling Patchy to shoot her is this: Whoever these people are, are they REALLY that committed to the cause to martyr themselves to gain a SINGLE small advantage in a single skirmish? Or is there even more going on with Patchy and this station? What was she protecting in that house/hut/hatch (that is now gone)?

I can't wait till the Losties stumble on the little bungalows of sweetness. Ought to be more than a little interesting.

I think I knew the Others weren't necessarily Dharma, but I'm still fuzzy on where the overlap is. I guess I figured if Ben was telling the truth when he said he'd lived on the island all his life, that meant he wasn't a Dharma-in-charge person. He had to be a descendant of one. If he was born there, his parents might be/have been Dharma. And since Patchy's revealed now NOT to be Dharma, are any of the originals left? Ben's middle-aged, so the Dharma people would have to be older (assuming they were a single group of people at a single point in time and not being replenished by a new generation).

It is confusing ... but in a GOOD "Lost" sort of way!!