What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Day Of The Dead: 2 Disc Special Edition
Land Of The Dead: Directors Cut
Mallrats: 10th Anniversary Edition

In the Beginning...
Being John Malkovich: Special Edition
Van Helsing

They were both $6. The first one is self-explanatory, and the second...well, sometimes I like unwinding by popping in a stupid action flick that doesn't require me to do anything strenuous, short of keeping my eyelids propped up.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
clockers - i thought the description sounded good and it has good actors in it,harvey keitel and john turturro

the pledge- im a huge fan of sean penns directing and jack nicolsons acting

the weight of water - im also a huge fan of sean penns acting so i bought this,i have all his other stuff

havent watched any yet though

Originally Posted by mrblonde
the pledge- im a huge fan of sean penns directing and jack nicolsons acting
Not a bad film actually. It's the ending that will probably either have you love it or hate it though. I thought it was very original. Never saw one like it, or cant remember one anyways.

La separation
Cinq fois deux
Querelle

The first two, I love...for the basic moments which catch my eye.

The third...I am curious about more Fassbinder...I have only ever viewed 'Ali - fear eats the soul' and it was on sale. Gotta love play.

The People's Republic of Clogher

As with a lot of my purchases, I only popped out for some milk...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Just bought " Soul Function " a cd/dvd double on Northern Soul.
Talking of Northern Soul, it's Friday night, time for the Buff Club!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Tacitus

As with a lot of my purchases, I only popped out for some milk...
I haven't heard of this one, love the cover maybe you could review it after you have watched it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
I haven't heard of this one, love the cover maybe you could review it after you have watched it.
Ealing + Alec Guinness = Gold, so £5.99 well spent.

According to the back of the cover -

The most satirical of Ealing's comedies...an enchanting piece of screen comedy and surely a contributer to the Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay.

One of the less well known Ealings, but pretty darned good with Alec G on top form yet again. I'll give it a proper whirl once the dreaded 100 has reached it's terrifying conclusion.

The Man in the White Suit is my favorite of all the Ealing Comedies. Alec Guinness plays a fellow who accidentally invents a fabric that is essentially indestructible as far as wear and tear and dirt, and from there it becomes a satire as different people want to either exploit or supress the discovery.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Ealing + Alec Guinness = Gold, so £5.99 well spent.
I am a big Alec Guiness fan, so how come I haven't seen it Maybe i have, a long long time ago.

Breakfast On Pluto. Hadn't seen it prior to buying it. I like it.

Man in White Suit is the Ealing Comedy i know most well. Sadly don't think i've seen any fully though. The shame.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Alien Quadrilogy boxset. Because it was £17.99. Which is not bad for three excellent films + alien resurrection + all the extras.

Originally Posted by jrs

Seems like JRS is in one of those nasty slicem, dicem and cut'm up moods.

That eye hangin' part in Hosel was the sickest scene for me. Never saw the other two but wanted to eventually get Wolf Creek. That seems like my kind of show.

I bought A Bittersweet Life yesterday, because I wanted to.