New Rep System

Tools    

Good idea- Certainly better than the old system , in my book. Like a forum full of ebart and ropers . ( spelling ? )

www.panicattic.com - Check out the Q&A from Ethan Dettenmaier , director of Sin-Jin Smyth

Originally Posted by nyabzns
Good idea- Certainly better than the old system , in my book. Like a forum full of ebart and ropers . ( spelling ? )
Ebert and Roeper

"Why would you want to leave yourself a comment, that's just silly."

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Yoda- any word on the post-by-post rating system?
Hey, Yoda. A response would be nice.

D'oh. Sorry about that. There was a bug with the rating breakdown page that I only just fixed. It essentially works now, so I should be putting it up this weekend. I'd like to improve it a bit more, but I think it gets the basic job done, for now. Thanks for your patience.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Yoda
D'oh. Sorry about that. There was a bug with the rating breakdown page that I only just fixed. It essentially works now, so I should be putting it up this weekend. I'd like to improve it a bit more, but I think it gets the basic job done, for now. Thanks for your patience.
looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
looking forward to it.
ditto

Originally Posted by Sedai
"I plan to disapprove of any posts I find rude, overly sensitive, irrational, highly off-topic, or even uninsightful."

Dag, that is about 99% of my posts. Insight?

Sedai <---- Blind

You just got a thumbs up!

Originally Posted by jrs
1. How can I view my own list of ratings I have received?
There's no way to do this at the moment. Part of me thinks it might be better if we can't, though I'm still debating the issue with myself.

Originally Posted by jrs
2. By clicking the thumbs up and getting the word Thanks!, that's a point right?
Yes. Though it says "Thanks!" whether you click the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
...which makes me smirk.
I just think of it as being a whole-hearted 'thanks!' or a sarcastic one.

Actually I have a question - does leaving a comment equate to a positive mark or do you have to click a thumb as well? I find myself doing both, not because I want to give two marks but because I'm a belt 'n' braces kinda guy...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus

Actually I have a question - does leaving a comment equate to a positive mark or do you have to click a thumb as well? I find myself doing both, not because I want to give two marks but because I'm a belt 'n' braces kinda guy...
It doesn't add or subtract from rep if you don't click a thumb thingy. How would it know which to give, if you didn't click one?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It doesn't add or subtract from rep if you don't click a thumb thingy. How would it know which to give, if you didn't click one?
I'm not disputing that, I'm just after clarification.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
It would be nice to see a wider range of ratings instead of just the top and bottoms.
Agreed. Especially since Purandara is clogging the system on the negative side...

Incidentally:
Purandara was a 15th Century musician from India.
Django was a 20th Ctnruty musician from India.

That's just a wild coincidence, right?

I've seen recently a few negative reps floating around presumably based solely on someone's opinion of a particular film (not my posts, in case anyone thinks I'm whinging). The posts weren't divisive, poorly expressed or in any way worthy of a thumbs down.

Frankly, I think it stinks to high Heaven...

Agreed. Any opinion, well expressed, is worthy of good rep. Giving bad rep for nothing more than disagreeing (but well and respectfully put) means that the rep system is less a measure of quality in posting and more about who's the most generic thinker here.

It's supposed to express thanks for participating, though I can see how it might seem sarcastic when it appears after a negative rating.

Sam's right; it's seperate. Comments don't effect ratings at all; it's just a stripped-down version of the old rep system.