Movie Tab II

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Bubba Ho-Tep
The basics of this movie sucked. Two old guys in a retirement home is not entertaining at all. The director even said the big-wigs at the studios thought it wasn't going to appeal to the target demographics and I agree. But, what I did like about this movie is that it made me afraid, not of mummies or cancer on the end of my wang, but of being old and in a retirement home. Whatever.
I'm seriously bummed you feel that way about Bubba Ho-Tep. I consider it to be one of the most inspiring films I've ever seen - and I say that in complete earnest. I have a staunch fear of growing old, being forgotten and just wasting away and Bubba Ho-Tep is all about that not having to be the case. That even when you're at the absolute end of your rope, you're falling apart emotionally and cellularly, you can still have one more party. It's all about truly living again and I freaking love it for that. I have nothing at all but respect for Don Coscarelli and co. for that wonderful, smile enducing picture.

Not to mention Bruce gives his career high performance in it.

As for the two old guys not being entertaining, I couldn't disagree more. The way Bruce and Ossie bounce off each other is a riot and a real, real treasure to see. Those two characters are perfectly written, perfectly cast and perfectly delivered.

The flick's got flaws, but none of the ones you've mentioned. :-\

Watched Man Thing last night. Eh, so so. Not great. More of a made for t.v. film.

I watched The Island last night.I recommend it.

Originally Posted by OG-
I'm seriously bummed you feel that way about Bubba Ho-Tep. I consider it to be one of the most inspiring films I've ever seen - and I say that in complete earnest. I have a staunch fear of growing old, being forgotten and just wasting away and Bubba Ho-Tep is all about that not having to be the case. That even when you're at the absolute end of your rope, you're falling apart emotionally and cellularly, you can still have one more party. It's all about truly living again and I freaking love it for that. I have nothing at all but respect for Don Coscarelli and co. for that wonderful, smile enducing picture.

Not to mention Bruce gives his career high performance in it.

As for the two old guys not being entertaining, I couldn't disagree more. The way Bruce and Ossie bounce off each other is a riot and a real, real treasure to see. Those two characters are perfectly written, perfectly cast and perfectly delivered.

The flick's got flaws, but none of the ones you've mentioned. :-\
We can settle this one of two ways. A cage match with venomous snakes strewn about that have an appetite for legs and arms or we settle this like gentlemen and head-butt until one of us falls over. The balls in your court now ins't it nancy-boy?

Besides, I think Bruce's performance just goes to show that good acting can't save a bad film. And, if you go back and look at what I said you'll see that I said the underlying text of growing old was scary but the basics were sucked big-time.

Cage match. Deadly snakes. Head-butting. There's no turning back.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
We can settle this one of two ways. A cage match with venomous snakes strewn about that have an appetite for legs and arms or we settle this like gentlemen and head-butt until one of us falls over. The balls in your court now ins't it nancy-boy?

Besides, I think Bruce's performance just goes to show that good acting can't save a bad film. And, if you go back and look at what I said you'll see that I said the underlying text of growing old was scary but the basics were sucked big-time.

Cage match. Deadly snakes. Head-butting. There's no turning back.
"Some mutha****as is always trying to ice skate uphill!" Bring it ON!!

I got what you were saying, I just think (and wrote) the exact opposite. I think what gives the movie its extreme charm is the fact that is about two olddd, seemingly senile men who are fighting a redneck mummy in the halls of a retirement home in the middle-o-nowhere, Texas. That is a gem of a story, right there.

I think it is an entertaining as hell flick, you don't. Then again, you're about to be on the recieving end of not only an unstoppable tsunami of headbutts, but having your unconcious corpse laid upon a pit of snakes.

Originally Posted by OG-
"Some mutha****as is always trying to ice skate uphill!" Bring it ON!!

I got what you were saying, I just think (and wrote) the exact opposite. I think what gives the movie its extreme charm is the fact that is about two olddd, seemingly senile men who are fighting a redneck mummy in the halls of a retirement home in the middle-o-nowhere, Texas. That is a gem of a story, right there.

I think it is an entertaining as hell flick, you don't. Then again, you're about to be on the recieving end of not only an unstoppable tsunami of headbutts, but having your unconcious corpse laid upon a pit of snakes.
What else can I say? I'm right and you're wrong, and if you're thinkin' somethin' else you can meet me at high-noon by the monkey bars, bitch.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
What?

I suppose you would make everyone watch all the films ever made in chronological order, would you? Plenty of old films are still good when seen for the first time now, if they aren't, they aren't that good a film.
Hoffman's performance didn't sell it for you?

A system of cells interlinked
I watched much 24 last night. Two episodes of the current season, and some of Season 2....

A Rasin In The Sun 4/5

The Vistation 3.5/5

Django 3/5

The dialogue on the English version is really bad, I don't care for the music either.