First R rated movie you ever saw?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
What does this mean? It sounds like you are saying some members are "irritatingly and offensively" homosexual...
What I mean is that some gay forum members can be irritating and offensive at times. A minor question of semantics...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Erm, a minor question of revisionism more like (but you don't mean to offend, so i guess that's alright )

I am half agony, half hope.
I begged my mom to take me to see "Saturday Night Fever." She was even kind enough to vouch for the two girls in line behind us who had no guardian and were obviously under age. Mom's rule!

Johann von Goethe

Mine was one of the Chuckies when i was like 7 or 8 and from then i didnt like scary movies til i was like 14, dang brothers.....

Originally Posted by susan
any person gay or straight, can be irritating and annoying...
True--anyone can be irritating, annoying or offensive--some more so than others! But ultimately, it's a subjective thing, so I'll just end this issue here to avoid treading on any more toes.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by susan
i think that caitlyn is referring to darkhorse's comments on gays, not the people themselves...bb

any person gay or straight, can be irritating and annoying...
Yeah, I meant darkhorse's comments, not Caity's, not enough quote marks. Of course any person can be annoying, gay or straight, it just seemed that dh was saying some memebers were "offensively" gay......just badly put, I suppose....

My first was the Shining my mom allowed me to watch it last year. I have watched many with my mom ever since.

There's treachery afoot!!!
It was either Lethal Weapon 1 or T2: Judgement Day.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wow, you guys are so young. My first "R" movie was "M*A*S*H" in the drive-in. My parents took us because they wanted to see it, and I guess they expected us to be sound asleep in the back of the station wagon (in our sleeping bags, next to the cooler). But I can remember quite a few snippets of that movie because I was a night owl even back them.

I also remember seeing "Blazing Saddles" that way (drive-in). My mom was in the front seat (again, probably assuming we were asleep) laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.

All I remember distinctly is that it was the first time I'd ever seen Gene Wilder, and I fell in love with those big blue eyes immediately. (sigh) It's been love ever since (31 years since then!). Wow.

It would have to be in 1999: American Beauty. I was only 14 and I bought a ticket for another movie movie and went into see this classic movie. A very good choice on my part and I didn't get caught.

Halloween was my first....a nice introduction into the horror genre as well.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by darkhorse
True--anyone can be irritating, annoying or offensive--some more so than others! But ultimately, it's a subjective thing, so I'll just end this issue here to avoid treading on any more toes.
Hmm, I've seen something to this effect on the forums. Oh well, can't seem to think of it now.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Haloween: H2O

That movie has the dumbest name. H20 is water you silly filmmakers.

I have no idea what it was. My dad always felt that the PG and PG-13 films did not allow me to see some of the greatest films so he let me watch them at a very early age...
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher

i don't think i can remember!
probably one of the James Bond movies though...
"Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie. A fantasy re-created by people and places as we'd like them to be. But you know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning, the same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth. That's love." -Charlene
"Few do conspiracy and paranoia like Chris Carter - and even Oliver Stone never created as fascinating a couple as Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Fox Mulder (David Duchovny). Relive the moment they met - and the start of their journey to the dark side of the American psyche. All aboard for Roswell, Langley, Dealy Plaza and the Grassy Knoll."- David Zurawik

well i cant remember my 1st but my fav.is terminater2

Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
Halloween was my first....a nice introduction into the horror genre as well.
Hmmm, that could very well have been my first R rated film. On vhs though. Or one of the Friday the 13th's on vhs again. But in the actual movie theatre?..... I dont think I ever dared trying to go to an R rated film while underage so it was probably a movie in the early 90's but I have no clue. That was the first time I actually started going really heavily to the theatre. Before then hardly ever.
Actually it may have been Die Hard 2. Yup, I think that's what it was.