What's currently the most prized item in your DVD collection and why?

Tools    

Say Hello To My Little Friend!!
most prized is prob band of brothers tin box set or scarface R1 box that comes with the money clip,movie cards and the original movie. im still hunting high n low for battle royale steel tin edition though!

My Pink Floyd The Wall DVD. I bought it right when it came out. It was the first DVD I ever purchased. I bought my first DVD player about 3 years later. I love the movie and I love Pink Floyd. Whenever I wanted to watch it, I had to go to someone elses house.

Originally Posted by superwinner
My Pink Floyd The Wall DVD. I bought it right when it came out. It was the first DVD I ever purchased. I bought my first DVD player about 3 years later. I love the movie and I love Pink Floyd. Whenever I wanted to watch it, I had to go to someone elses house.
I can see why it is your prized DVD

Took me a long time to find this baby, but it was well worth it

This is one hell of a hard question. I'm not to sure actually. I'll report back with an answer though!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Meh. All of my films are prized to me. Pulp Fiction may be the most prized. I enjoy the film, the packaging, and the extras. It's a great DVD. Second one is probably American Beauty.

Bride Of Billie
My SAW DVD's

It is nothing special i guess but it would have to be The Pirates of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl The Lost Disc.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I enjoy Alien: Res, what's everyone's beef?
Wow, another person that likes it. I am stunned. I thought I was the only one....

It would have to be the Godfather Collection, its my favorite.

Has to be my Region 4 copy of Abel Gance's "Napoleon". I would have much more preferred the BFI version over the Coppola version but at least it is something of the film.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Wow, another person that likes it. I am stunned. I thought I was the only one....
Make that 3...very nice IMO.

all the terminator movies love them

love peace and chicken grease
it would be all my extended versions of the lord of the rings trilogy
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

It's gotta be my expanding collection of Stephen King film's, I had all of them on video and it's proving to be a real pain to rebuild the collection on DVD!!

In second place would be Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition as a whole set. I like that the cover desing look like antiquated books. I'm still planning to watch all six discs back-to-back, but I can only get through tyhe first half hour and I begin to think of other things I could do in those 9+ hours.

In first place would have to Evil Dead: Book of the Dead. The amount of love and attention that went into designing the case deserves praise. If you watch the film you'll notice that the DVD case is an exact replica of the Book of the Dead in the film, even down to the archaic scribblings on the pages. This DVD is so precious to me it is the only one I WILL NOT let my friends go near. Films not bad either.

If the question refers to what is my best film in my collection then I can't choose. I only buy films I consider great

Originally Posted by RomeoFoxTrot

Took me a long time to find this baby, but it was well worth it
I have that as a Criterion DVD 3 discs, the TV edit, a few Docs and the whole shebangabang cost me less than 20 smackers. Do the Right Thing Crit Co is another good one.

Also in Criterion and OOP I have Silence of the Lambs and Robocop. The OOP original release of Re-Animator (though the newer one is 5.1 remastered) The Anchor Bay tin box of The Beyond.

Former Video Store geek at your service....
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Originally Posted by Sedai
I love all the Alien movies including cubed. I love the way the franchise keeps re-inventing itself in tone. Great directors don't hurt either...