Horror Movies

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I'm not so much into horror - I'm a paranoid motherf*cker. I can take horror if it has a decent amount of comedy or other such element to lighten it - e.g. Shaun of the Dead.

The only true horror film I really like is Evil Dead. Campbell is the bomb.

I thought Shaun of the Dead was good too.

I'm a fan of pretty much everything (so that would probably be just a fan of 'films'). I love so many movies, there's no way I could possibly pick a favourite. Anyway, my top horror films would have to be:

< Dawn of the Dead (2004)
< The Shining
< Shaun of the Dead
< The Ring
< Freddy vs. Jason

... the list goes on

Horror movies haven't given me the scares for a long time... Last time I got scared was at about 10 when I watched the poltergeist movies back to back.... A recent horror movie I watched and enjoyed was 13 Ghosts.

I love horror movies..but I always have a problem choosing my favorite..so here are five goodies in no particular order:

The Thing
Halloween
Alien
Nightmare on Elmstreet - the first one
Prince of Darkness

still cant believe John Carpenter is involved in a remake of The Fog..

Although I am not a big horror fan I have seen most of the films mentioned

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
wow dillskies your really into like sequels and remakes. you should really see the original night of the living dead its far better than the remake i think. And why do you like halloween 6 so much. IMO its the weakest halloween except for ressurection
I'm not totally into remakes, I hated the remake of TCM and didn't even bother watching the remake to Amittyville Horror. Really the only horror movie remakes I have saw are TCM, Night of Living Dead, and Dawn of the Dead. I have saw some of the original Night of Living Dead and thought is kicked some ass. Need to finish watching the rest though.
As for H6, I believe I like it just as much as I like H1. I guess the thing is I really liked the idea of the thorn behind it for reasons unknown. It also seems to be the scariest of the bunch too.

Has anyone seen that new independent horror movie called Dead & Breakfest.

history *is* moralizing
not yet, but i shall!

i like Horror movies! my fave is SAW-highly recommend it. brilliant movie! and Dawn of the Dead

A system of cells interlinked
One that hasn't been mentioned is The Eye, which i thought was damn good.

Witch is more scary......freddy VS jason or nightmare on elm street??

Yo! I am a fan of horror movies, too! I especially like the The Grudge and Ju-On movies. The Grudge is awesome.. I wish I could go in that house! It would be cool to be cursed! I have never seen a ghost in my life! Ju-On is really sad. When I watch it, I feel quite depressed. You know, with the depressing song at the beginning and end of the movie. And seeing Kayako laying dead in a garbage bag *shudders*. I own The Grudge, but I can't find Ju-On in the store >.> It is an old movie so I think they don't sell it anymore. I did rent it a couple times, but they don't have it anymore there either. Pssh.

I rule
I like alot of horror movies, but I tend to find alot of the new stuff very over hyped and relies too heavily on offering a twist ending and nothing else. Yeah the twist in Saw was good, but the rest of the movie is nonsense.

I think Haute tension has been my favourite modern horror of the last few years.

My all time favourite, like many peoples would be the original Dawn of the dead.

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

I recently purchased In The Mouth of Madness and Nightbreed. I.T.M.O.M. - I haven't watched it in years, first saw it when it was released on video (by the way, weren't a lot of VHS movies back in the day released only for rental first, THEN eventually they were brought out for sale? It's been so long now - and I was young, then - I can't quite remember for sure). I like I.T.M.O.M. I had never seen Nightbreed until this past week. I liked it (except for that lead actress, Anne Bobby? Boring.) especially because of the freaky Nightbreed themself, which are like Clive Barker's weird artwork.

I only like the horror movies that scare the sh*t outta me. Like the excorsist because it scares you on so many different levels, its very disturbing, same with the Ring. If a movie can scare and disturbe me, then I love it. I've been waiting for more movies to come out that are really scary... but none of them can really measure up.
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I know what you mean, fearandloathing. For me, a truly creepy movie on several levels was (don't laugh) The Blair Witch Project. For what it was (and before the clones and sequels hit), it did exactly what it set out to do: totally creeped me out. And I don't creep out easily. Well, at the time I'm watching the movie, I can creep out easily, but I usually can watch creepy movies late at night, even alone, and still sleep just fine. Blair Witch really creeped me out even after the movie was over.

Also, we rewatched the original Night of the Living Dead last weekend and I realized that movie makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I watch it. It's so incredibly bleak all the way through, plus, of course, it was filmed near where I live, so it was creepy to see the city hospital names pop up on screen during the news broadcasts and know some of them were just a few blocks away (Beaver Falls, Pa.).

I think it's the bleakness, the no-hope stuff that creeped me out with Blair Witch too.