Vote on the next countdown (Oct. 2023)

Tools    

What should our next countdown be (Oct 23)?
30.36%
17 votes
Films not on previous lists
23.21%
13 votes
Underseen films
30.36%
17 votes
Musicals
46.43%
26 votes
Noir
28.57%
16 votes
Some decade refresh
10.71%
6 votes
Other (specify below)
56 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Not On Previous Lists

I pity whoever is the one to point out which films don't qualify. There are alot of lists.

If/when we do that one, I could whip something up to make it easier to check. There's already a Search on the Lists page and it wouldn't be too hard to copy it and then limit it to just countdown lists.

Heck I'm pretty sure I could have it disallow films automatically, the same way we're able to disallow them on the ballot tool itself for decade lists.

Let them vote!

Also Not on Previous Lists or Musicals...not sure which is worse.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The only problem with voting is that musicals will never win...
I'm afraid you might be right. It feels like those who've been waiting patiently to do a Musical countdown will now get steamed rolled by more popular redux countdown ideas. Shouldn't everybody get a turn at bat before we start redoing old countdowns?

Musicals is the only AFI list on the MoFo section that we haven't done and Musicals have come in second choice on a couple of polls. Come on people have a heart.

The only problem with voting is that musicals will never win. Yoda should make an executive decision.
I don't really see that as a problem. If there's only a small minority of the forum that genuinely wants a list like that, there's absolutely nothing stopping that minority from getting together and doing an unofficial one.

If a large enough portion of MoFo users actually want to do it, then it will eventually get voted in.

I don't really see that as a problem. If there's only a small minority of the forum that genuinely wants a list like that, there's absolutely nothing stopping that minority from getting together and doing an unofficial one.

If a large enough portion of MoFo users actually want to do it, then it will eventually get voted in.
Key word: unofficial. It's not as rewarding or fun to do an unofficial countdown. And it's not only a small minority voted for Musicals. Musicals have scored high in some of the past polls.

Key word unofficial. And it's not only a small minority. Musicals have scored high in some of the past polls.
But not high enough.

This is a community and decisions like this should be decided as a community. I don't think we should be awarding consolation prizes. If it's not the most popular choice, then it shouldn't be the next countdown. Not unless there's something preventing the most popular choice from going forward, like not having a host.

But not high enough.

This is a community and decisions like this should be decided as a community. If don't think we should be awarding consolation prizes. If it's not the most popular choice, then it shouldn't be the next countdown. Not unless there's something preventing the most popular choice from going forward, like not having a host.
We'll see.

But I will say to anyone who wants a Musical countdown or think it's the fair thing to do, vote for it.

What's the difference between Underseen Films and Films Not On Previous Lists? If it's on a list, how are we to presume it's been underseen?