Non-Horror Characters/Scenes that kinda scared you as a kid

Tools    

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
I wasn´t sure what was scaring me more in SUPERMAN II.

Was it the villains..

...was it that strange floating "glass window" they got captured in...

...or was it the whole scene in general.

But it get´s even worse with SUPERMAN III and that evil woman turning into "Steel Lady"!

So while i was kinda scared to see how she is getting transformed against her will...

...it was a real shock-moment when she opened her eyes to reveal...

...that robot-abomination.

Oh, talking about robots...

...it´s funny, one of the most unsettling and brutal robot-villain in movie history, was in a DISNEY movie!

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Ironically enough, given that it's you asking the question...

"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

The Lady Elaine puppet from Mister Rogers Neighborhood

Id put this horror up against Chuckie any day of the week. She looked like a bag lady that drank too much hooch.

The Lady Elaine puppet from Mister Rogers Neighborhood

Id put this horror up against Chuckie any day of the week. She looked like a bag lady that drank too much hooch.
I agree, most of those puppets do really look kinda disturbing. Hell even those dolls in the PUPPET MASTER series weren´t as disturbing as those kiddie-toy-puppets!

I almost forgot!

Ironically, my first other avatar I used here, was from another actor/doctor, actually one who really scared me shitless when i was a kid:

The "Highway Doctor" i found to be way more disturbing/scary/weird/strange than Laurence Olivier as the Dentist in "The Marathon Man", in fact i found that guy to be both threatening and cool.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I love it now, but when I was a kid....

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

The donkey transformation scene from Pinocchio (1940). It's interesting how losing control of one's own body is already scary to you as a kid. All of that horrible braying doesn't help, either.

The donkey transformation scene from Pinocchio (1940). It's interesting how losing control of one's own body is already scary to you as a kid. All of that horrible braying doesn't help, either.

Good call!

The most horrifying thing in Pinnochio is how he never goes back to rescue any of those kids who were turned into donkeys. They are never mentioned again, presumably used as slave labour forever.

A system of cells interlinked
The Willy Wonka stuff, for sure...Slugworth always scarred me, as well in that film.

Also:

The opening of the Ark in Raiders of the Lost Ark

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
It reminds me of David Naughton's horrible transformation in an American Werewolf in London:

I watched Werewolf with my dad when it was on HBO around '82. I don't think the transformation freaked me out, but the nightmare with the Nazi zombies definitely did.

Pinocchio is so evil in ways I didn't even realise.

But for me, it's the fox. I've said it a number of times on this site and I'll do so again. It's the bloody paedo fox!. I'm never watching that film, in part, because I don't think I'll see the evil as much now and I want to keep that awareness. Watch out for the foxes!

I watched Werewolf with my dad when it was on HBO around '82. I don't think the transformation freaked me out, but the nightmare with the Nazi zombies definitely did.
Oh yeah. Nazi zombies was way scarier than the transformation. That was cool.

The most horrifying thing in Pinnochio is how he never goes back to rescue any of those kids who were turned into donkeys. They are never mentioned again, presumably used as slave labour forever.

... or cheap lunch meats.