Most uncomfortable movies to watch?

Tools    

What movies have you seen that made you feel the most uncomfortable?

Here's mine and these films I find uncomfortable to watch but most in a good way.

The house that Jack built
Itchy the killer
A clockwork orange
Audition
Deliverance
Salo 👈 Not a fan but wow was it messed up
Lolita 👈 Never liked this one.
Nymphomaniac
Cuties 👈 Only one I haven't seen but trailer was an abomination 🤢
Threads
I saw the devil
Girl with the dragon tattoo👈 Not a fan
Raw
Antichrist

Also if you had no choice but to put on one of these films on a first date what would you choose?

For me, there are two types of uncomfortability. I'd liken it to performing two different weightlifting exercises. One exercise is really making the muscle work and you're getting a good burn, while the other exercise is also burning, but it's burning because you're performing it incorrectly and you're pulling the muscle away from the tendon and doing damage to your body. Does this make sense?

An example of a progressive form of uncomfortability for me would be watching Martyrs. I feel like a stronger person after watching that film.

An example of a destructive form of uncomfortability for me would be watching a film that is very heavy-handed in its modern-day messages, or "wokeness." A literal example of this would be Black Christmas (2019). Now, I get it, movies have always had "messages" interwoven into their content, but it begins to become too much for me to handle when living in an age of oversaturated communication.

For me, there are two types of uncomfortability. I'd liken it to performing two different weightlifting exercises. One exercise is really making the muscle work and you're getting a good burn, while the other exercise is also burning, but it's burning because you're performing it incorrectly and you're pulling the muscle away from the tendon and doing damage to your body. Does this make sense?

An example of a progressive form of uncomfortability for me would be watching Martyrs. I feel like a stronger person after watching that film.

An example of a destructive form of uncomfortability for me would be watching a film that is very heavy-handed in its modern-day messages, or "wokeness." A literal example of this would be Black Christmas (2019). Now, I get it, movies have always had "messages" interwoven into their content, but it begins to become too much for me to handle when living in an age of oversaturated communication.

Yeah that makes sense. In fact all the films I mentioned would probably be far less uncomfortable in comparison to watching a woke type of film 🥱

All depends on your definition of uncomfortable. Films like Raw, I saw the Devil, Itchi, Audition are really great films but they are horror/thrillers with a bit of gore that are straight up messed up. They don't pretend to be anything else.

I get more uncomfortable when I watch something that I'm not sure how to react at. Moments in film that are just pure odd or push boundaries. Alot of Gaspar Noe films do this.

'I Stand Alone' is the most notable. It's just pure gnarlyness. The infamous scene in 'Irreversible' too.

Agnes Varda's 'Le Bonheur' is another. It's a beautiful film yet has a hugely sinister undertone to the whole thing. Am I supposed to forget it's beauty and be repulsed? How do I react? My mind was in conflict with the different emotions that were advocated. It made me uncomfortable. Claire's Knee is another....astonishing beauty, yet underage lust. Hmmmm. Uncomfortable.

Then you have films that are so real when they depict something that is utterly horrific that you get swallowed up by the whole thing. They are a level above horror films:

Angst
The Seventh Continent
Fat Girl

All depends on your definition of uncomfortable. Films like Raw, I saw the Devil, Itchi, Audition are really great films but they are horror/thrillers with a bit of gore that are straight up messed up. They don't pretend to be anything else.

I get more uncomfortable when I watch something that I'm not sure how to react at. Moments in film that are just pure odd or push boundaries. Alot of Gaspar Noe films do this.

'I Stand Alone' is the most notable. It's just pure gnarlyness. The infamous scene in 'Irreversible' too.

Agnes Varda's 'Le Bonheur' is another. It's a beautiful film yet has a hugely sinister undertone to the whole thing. Am I supposed to forget it's beauty and be repulsed? How do I react? My mind was in conflict with the different emotions that were advocated. It made me uncomfortable. Claire's Knee is another....astonishing beauty, yet underage lust. Hmmmm. Uncomfortable.

Then you have films that are so real when they depict something that is utterly horrific that you get swallowed up by the whole thing. They are a level above horror films:

Angst
The Seventh Continent
Fat Girl

Yeah it's just any film that you personally found uncomfortable to watch. Maybe because a particular scene or subject matter ect

Itchy the killer
A clockwork orange
Audition
Deliverance
Nymphomaniac
Threads
I saw the devil
Raw
Antichrist

Also if you had no choice but to put on one of these films on a first date what would you choose?
That is a crazy question. My answer Kubrick's Lolita. His take on it would tell me a lot.

I add
last house on the left
I spit on your grave
Hills have eyes
Devils rejects
Texas Chainsaw
Human Centipede

What movies have you seen that made you feel the most uncomfortable?

Here's mine and these films I find uncomfortable to watch but most in a good way.

Itchy the killer
A clockwork orange
Audition
Deliverance
Nymphomaniac
Threads
I saw the devil
Raw
Antichrist

Frankly if my date couldn’t watch the ones I like from this list like Antichrist and Nymphomaniac, then **** this guy. I would go for:

1) Antichrist
2) Nymphomaniac
3) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Others are fine too but I like them less than the above. None of these have ever made me uncomfortable.

What has made me uncomfortable? A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe.

Try Uwe Boll's Stoic. Even though the moviemaking is better than House of the Dead, I'd rather watch House of the Dead.

Angst
The Seventh Continent
Fat Girl
Angst is a good call. Good film, but *shudders*

One that made me feel pretty icky was Compliance. The fact that it was based in real events, and that the real events were worse than depicted in the film, only made it more icky.

Okay I am intrigued, why did A Beautiful Mind make you uncomfortable?

Because he could not find a Nash Equilibrium for sharing snacks during the film.