4. 2003
5. 2004
6. 2019
7. 2017
8. 1996
9. 2020
10. 2009

Impossible to say, but the first two candidates that come to mind are:

2010: bought a house, got married, bought a car.

2022: sold the previous house, first real year in the new house (we moved in Dec. 17th last year), did a live casting event in Maryland, got flown to San Diego for another, played in almost 150 softball games (three championship teams, one co-championship tournament).

Mine:
1. 2012
2. 2013
3. 2014
4. 2015
5. 2011
6. 2010
7. 2009
8. 2006
9. 2005
10. 2016
1. 2013
2. 2018
3. 1997
4. 2003
5. 2004
6. 2019
7. 2017
8. 1996
9. 2020
10. 2009
1. 1975
2. 1984
3. 1990
4. 1963
5. 1972
6. 1997
A list of a bunch of years. Why not go back and edit those post and tell us why those were great years for you, like Yoda did...Then that would be interesting.

I would say the entire decade of the 1980's for me.

So much happened to me over that decade (which is probably the case for most people during the decade they transitioned from teenager to adulthood): got first job, driver's license, graduated high school, went to art school & college, had first serious relationship, met some of my most memorable friends, did some travelling, graduated college, moved out of parents' house, had a few memorable jobs.

Not to be a downer - but in hindsight that was my only real heyday - things have just gone steadily downhill since that era (and in every area: career, finances, relationships, friendships, family, health, home life, etc.)

Although 2008 was kind of a mixed bag as I got my own rental house (no more roommates or apartment neighbors - and I'd spent the previous 20 years desperately longing for privacy, solitude and quiet... didn't do too well on the quiet, but finally had some privacy & solitude!), but I also lost my job a month after I moved in - and spent the next ten years as a freelance gardener & doing odd jobs to try to make ends meet & pay the rent.

A list of a bunch of years. Why not go back and edit those post and tell us why those were great years for you, like Yoda did...Then that would be interesting.

1. 1975 (virginity lost to a goddess)
2. 1984 (daughter born)
3. 1990 (son born)
4. 1963 (first pet,kindergarten)
5. 1972 (1st girlfriend, great group of friends)
6. 1997 (Great family, home, career, friends)

*fixed*

1. 1975 (virginity lost to a goddess)
2. 1984 (daughter born)
3. 1990 (son born)
4. 1963 (first pet,kindergarten)
5. 1972 (1st girlfriend, great group of friends)
6. 1997 (Great family, home, career, friends)
*fixed*
See I would've never guessed any of that. So tell me about #1 the goddess: Where did you meet her at? Was it a fling or a girlfriend or? What did she look like? Got a pic?

See I would've never guessed any of that. So tell me about #1 the goddess: Where did you meet her at? Was it a fling or a girlfriend or? What did she look like? Got a pic?

She crushed my soul in '76. Ironically, that's my worse year.

I only lived here for 17 years but I guess the last 5 are my favorites. 2020-2022 felt like a great bolero(or grand build up) for me.

I only lived here for 17 years but I guess the last 5 are my favorites. 2020-2022 felt like a great bolero(or grand build up) for me.
That's interesting. Because for older people, the last 2 years have been a couple of the worst (due mostly to factors we all shared... together but separately).

I would say the entire decade of the 1980's for me.

So much happened to me over that decade (which is probably the case for most people during the decade they transitioned from teenager to adulthood): got first job, driver's license, graduated high school, went to art school & college, had first serious relationship, met some of my most memorable friends, did some travelling, graduated college, moved out of parents' house, had a few memorable jobs.
I'm just a bit older than you, but yeah the 1980s for me had most of those events happening to me as well. Though I never traveled until I met my wife who had traveled a lot. The first time in my life I was on an airplane was in the late 90s when we flew to D.C. for a vacation. Oh and I never graduated from college, I'm lucky to have graduated from high school

Although 2008 was kind of a mixed bag as I got my own rental house (no more roommates or apartment neighbors - and I'd spent the previous 20 years desperately longing for privacy, solitude and quiet... didn't do too well on the quiet, but finally had some privacy & solitude!), but I also lost my job a month after I moved in - and spent the next ten years as a freelance gardener & doing odd jobs to try to make ends meet & pay the rent.
I remember you posted about a noisy dog that barked all the time...I hear ya about wanting privacy, solitude and quiet...those are my motto!

1. 2012- Lived in Siauliai, Lithuania until after Easter and stayed sober. I watched "The Avengers" and "The Cabin in the Woods" in Cinema. Then moved to Bermondsey, London, England for couple of months and drank up to two bottles of Merlot wine daily. Then moved to Beckton, near Royal Albert station on Docklands Light Railways, in London, England. Stayed unemployed. I was drinking daily up to and over 700ml Smirnoff vodka with orage juice. In December I moved back to East Ham and was reunited with my female drinking buddy. We celebrated the festivities season by of course drinking. This is the first year I became an alcoholic and was experiencing immense euphoria constantly

2. 2013- Lived in East Ham, London, England. Worked as a hod carrier in Western London. I was drinking up to six beers Monday to Thursday and up to eight beers Friday to Sunday. Returned back to Siauliai, Lithuania for Autumn for period of sobriety, only to leave for Osnabruck, Lower Saxony, Germany in December where I proceded to drink up to eight beers daily. I wasn't employed.

3. 2014- Lived in Lower Saxony, Germany. Worked in Turkey factory. Drank up to six beers Monday to Thursday and up to eight beers Friday to Sunday. Returned to Siauliai, Lithuania to stay sober for the summer only to route back to London, England for the rest of the year, this time near Wood Street train station or the next closest station in Snaresbrook station on Central line. Worked in Canary Wharf, Jubilee line, as a labourer. It was an easy job. From September to October I drank up to eight beers daily and from November to December I drank over 700ml of Smirnoff vodka with lemonade daily. These two months were the most I ever drank.

4. 2015- Hybernated in Siauliai, Lithuania for winter, then moved to Forest Gate, London England. Worked in Canary Wharf, Elizabeth line station as a labourer. It was an easy job. Drank up to eight beers daily. In summer I returned to Siauliai, Lithuania. Stayed sober.

5. 2011- Lived near Plaistow station- District line, London, England. Worked as a labourer near Marble Arch station- Central Line. By then I was drinking daily up to five beers Monday to Thursday and up to one 700ml Bacardy black rum with CocaCola Fridays to Sundays. But I didn't consider myself an alcoholic because there were days here and there when I stayed sober still.

6. 2010- Location remained the same as in 2009, but I was unemployed. Drinking patterns remained the same as in 2009.

7. 2009- Lived in East Ham, London, England. Worked as a labourer all over London. My London party days began. I generally was drinking up to six beers for three days stright and staying sober for three days stright. There I met my female drinking buddy.

8. 2006- Location and occupation remained the same as in 2005. By then I was generally drinking up to six beers for tree weeks stright and staying sober for two weeks stright.

9. 2005- Lived in Dorset, England; Worked as a Barman in Royal Marines Base, Sergeant Mess. Really easy job. That's where my affair with alcohol transformed.

10. 2016- In the middle of January I arrived to Eltham, London, England. Worked as a waiter near Old Street and Angel stations of Northern Line. It was an easy job. I had few lapses of drinking, but generally stayed sober. Watched "10 Cloverfield Lane", "Green Room" and "The Nice Guys" in O2 arena cinema. In the middle of June I returned to Siauliai. Lithuania.

These days I drink very rarely and if I do, I don't experience much of ephoria anyway.

*Beers in Europe are 500ml or a pint with 568ml.

1. 2012- Lived in Siauliai, Lithuania until after Easter and stayed sober. I watched "The Avengers" and "The Cabin in the Woods" in Cinema. Then moved to Bermondsey, London, England for couple of months and drank up to two bottles of Merlot wine daily. Then moved to Beckton, near Royal Albert station on Docklands Light Railways, in London, England. Stayed unemployed. I was drinking daily up to and over 700ml Smirnoff vodka with orage juice. In December I moved back to East Ham and was reunited with my female drinking buddy. We celebrated the festivities season by of course drinking. This is the first year I became an alcoholic and was experiencing immense euphoria constantly

2. 2013- Lived in East Ham, London, England. Worked as a hod carrier in Western London. I was drinking up to six beers Monday to Thursday and up to eight beers Friday to Sunday. Returned back to Siauliai, Lithuania for Autumn for period of sobriety, only to leave for Osnabruck, Lower Saxony, Germany in December where I proceded to drink up to eight beers daily. I wasn't employed.

3. 2014- Lived in Lower Saxony, Germany. Worked in Turkey factory. Drank up to six beers Monday to Thursday and up to eight beers Friday to Sunday. Returned to Siauliai, Lithuania to stay sober for the summer only to route back to London, England for the rest of the year, this time near Wood Street train station or the next closest station in Snaresbrook station on Central line. Worked in Canary Wharf, Jubilee line, as a labourer. It was an easy job. From September to October I drank up to eight beers daily and from November to December I drank over 700ml of Smirnoff vodka with lemonade daily. These two months were the most I ever drank.

4. 2015- Hybernated in Siauliai, Lithuania for winter, then moved to Forest Gate, London England. Worked in Canary Wharf, Elizabeth line station as a labourer. It was an easy job. Drank up to eight beers daily. In summer I returned to Siauliai, Lithuania. Stayed sober.

5. 2011- Lived near Plaistow station- District line, London, England. Worked as a labourer near Marble Arch station- Central Line. By then I was drinking daily up to five beers Monday to Thursday and up to one 700ml Bacardy black rum with CocaCola Fridays to Sundays. But I didn't consider myself an alcoholic because there were days here and there when I stayed sober still.

6. 2010- Location remained the same as in 2009, but I was unemployed. Drinking patterns remained the same as in 2009.

7. 2009- Lived in East Ham, London, England. Worked as a labourer all over London. My London party days began. I generally was drinking up to six beers for three days stright and staying sober for three days stright. There I met my female drinking buddy.

8. 2006- Location and occupation remained the same as in 2005. By then I was generally drinking up to six beers for tree weeks stright and staying sober for two weeks stright.

9. 2005- Lived in Dorset, England; Worked as a Barman in Royal Marines Base, Sergeant Mess. Really easy job. That's where my affair with alcohol transformed.

10. 2016- In the middle of January I arrived to Eltham, London, England. Worked as a waiter near Old Street and Angel stations of Northern Line. It was an easy job. I had few lapses of drinking, but generally stayed sober. Watched "10 Cloverfield Lane", "Green Room" and "The Nice Guys" in O2 arena cinema. In the middle of June I returned to Siauliai. Lithuania.

These days I drink very rarely and if I do, I don't experience much of ephoria anyway.

*Beers in Europe are 500ml or a pint with 568ml.
Thanks Tugg for posting all that I didn't know any of that about you...I didn't even know you lived in Europe and UK. All these years on MoFo whenever I seen your avatar I just assumed you were a teen girl living in America, guess I was totally wrong! Glad to hear you're not drinking much these days and I hope 2023 is your best year yet...same wish for all the MoFos

Thanks Tugg for posting all that I didn't know any of that about you...I didn't even know you lived in Europe and UK. All these years on MoFo whenever I seen your avatar I just assumed you were a teen girl living in America, guess I was totally wrong! Glad to hear you're not drinking much these days and I hope 2023 is your best year yet...same wish for all the MoFos
Obviously I still glorify my drinking days. I guess I never hit the rock bottom.

Never had ten good years, but few good ones here and there.

Early nighties as a kid, growing up was fun. No responsibities. Watching loads of telly. Playing cricket.
I lived in a chawl then, which is basically like this small block apartment, and there's around 70 apartments of those in one building.
But living in a chawl is a cultural and social blessing. Your festivals, events, etc are celebrated in great numbers and fun.

My parents bought a bigger house in the suburbs in the mid 90s and we moved to where I am now. It's quieter here, which I kinda prefer now.

First half of 2003. My first year of engineering. I hooked up with a girl who was in her last year. She was absolutely magic. And I had such a good time, that I failed in three subjects and almost avoided a drop (you need to fail in 5 to get a drop). But it was worth it.
She moved to the US for her Masters, and we knew this beforehand, which made the relationship fun and painful, but mostly fun. I haven't heard from her for ages, but she is married now and living in Austin with kids.

That's about it. Been an ordinary life otherwise.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
2000 - Graduated high school. Got into stand-up comedy (thanks to a friend and a case of beer), started college at the University of Michigan, went to my first concert (Foreigner). Was able to drive to Blockbuster and rent movies at any time!

2002 - Started the year moving out and getting my own place, which was huge. Drank 6-8 beers a night

2004 - Went to Europe for the first time.

2005 - Bought a house. Started a cell-phone store with a high school friend.

2006 - Went to Europe twice, once to see this girl who was a foreign exchange student back here in MI

2009 - Went to Europe for almost 5 months.. From London to Athens and back to Amsterdam (again) and other cities in between - Budapest, Cologne

2011 - Went to Australia for 6 months. Asia for a month. Amsterdam for a few weeks, DC for a week.

2012 - Went to Hawaii for 3 weeks, then Australia for 3 months.

2013 - Published my first CD on Amazon.

2014 - Published my first book. Met Mort Sahl for the first time.

Difficult to choose 10.

I would say:
hopefully 2023

Worst years:
2008-2017

More downs than ups, maybe I can change that permanently.

You ready? You look ready.
1997 - FF7 and so much snow and ice I spent 2 weeks indoors
2000 - Y2K didn't happen, and FF9 came out on my birthday
2001 - I got a PS2 and FFX (do you see a theme developing here?)
2004 - Built my first computer
2005 - Vault was released and they were giving out free samples in front of a Walmart (thank you Mr. Sure, Go Ahead and Take 3)
2007 - Compulsory school ended and I didn't shit myself at graduation. Wins all around
2008 - I fell in love, she broke my heart, but I didn't die
2010 - Saved my gramps’ life, I went hippie AF, and I swore off smartphones
2014 - Worked for Apple and realized Oranges were better, and I got serious about trying to quit drinking
2017 - Finalized a bankruptcy and then bought a brand new sports car; God bless America, amirite?

This thread (and reading some other people's accomplishments) makes me think of a scene from Papillon (1973 dream sequence) that always hit a little too close to home for me...