The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Still haven’t finished red dead 2 but getting through it, have just gone on a tropical vacation for those of you who’s get the reference.

Even though I’m not done I’m still hoping they release so story dlc with a maybe less serious tone. I also wouldn’t mind something that is full survival mode and that ramps the challenge a bit.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Alright, another Battle Royale game trying to capitalize on the success of Fortnite, right?

This game, which is Titanfall minus the Titans is still fun. The classes make the BR experience a little different than the regular drop in, find guns and go. I preferred this to Blackout, immensely.

I do miss the running along the walls feature, but the game still has butter smooth controls and it feels great. Sometimes it's hard to tell what weapons I'm picking up and in the heat of the battle, you can't really sit there and check out specs. The thing about Fortnite is the gun is easy to identify and know if I like it or not. With something like this, it takes a lot longer.

I actually got more than a dozen kills after playing 4 or 5 games. Blackout, I sat at zero.

I think the game blends enough realism and sci/fi to make it different and fun.

It's FREE, but they have locked two characters and you need to grind, or buy some tokens to be able to unlock them. Interesting way to initiate some immediate money coming in. You can unlock guns by purchasing them with tokens...but it's a battle royale game so I haven't figured out the logistics of why on that yet.

Good game. It's free, give it a shot.

Suspect's Reviews

I downloaded Apex last night, but I have yet to try playing it. I've heard it's similar to Overwatch, and the videos I've seen kinda look that part. I wasn't a big fan of Titanfall.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I downloaded Apex last night, but I have yet to try playing it. I've heard it's similar to Overwatch, and the videos I've seen kinda look that part. I wasn't a big fan of Titanfall.
Well it's from Respawn, who did the Titanfall series. So it definitely feels more in line with that. I haven't played Overwatch though.

A system of cells interlinked
Next SNES title I am (re)playing is Chrono Trigger.

Already having a lot of fun with it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Next SNES title I am (re)playing is Chrono Trigger.

Already having a lot of fun with it.

YE YES YES YSEY SERYASERYAERYAEFGHASDG~!!!!!!`1

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

there's a frog in my snake oil
Recently I have been full of flu, and flying a rocket-powered glider...

Ultrawings: First Look

Liking this. 'Handheld' controls, gamey challenges, but flight skills required. I'm using the arcade mode, rather than the pure sim, but it's still got plenty of challenge and stall-turn fun in there.

Slightly annoying early on when you have to trek to different islands in your starter microlite to unlock new missions, which takes like 5 minutes. But the unlocks keep coming, and I'm enjoying the second plane.... a classic glider, with an experimental rocket on the back, and very little fuel

Well worth a fiver at the mo

(And ideal chill seated VR gaming when you've got a cold )

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ok I've spammed the thread with far too many VR vids recently. Have a gif instead

(Elite Arena. I've decided I should do a compilation vid of fun VR stuff, and it was missing )

Holy Stromboli does Assassin's Creed: Odyssey feel like a real chore to play sometimes. I'm a big fan of open world games, when that world feels even a fraction more dynamic. This game is just chock full of fetch quests and it's repetition galore to the point that it overshadows any quality the game may have.
WARNING: spoilers below
I mean, considering the size of the game you can't give me a handful of decent quests? I'm sure some of these bastards can go get their own pelts and fine gems. Can a single guard or captain not laugh at or insult a woman while she's doing whatever she does? They don't like it, it makes them homicidal and guess who they ask to do their dirty work? How many flipping people have ships? Can I just cruise in peace, please? At this point I'd rather just go around handing everyone 50 drachmae just to level up. I made it to the Minotaur and stopped playing. Came so close to killing him a good 3 times. Each time always ends the same, right when I think I have him, BAM, donzo.
I'm taking a long hiatus and starting Batman: Arkham City. Fudge them apples.

Not too impressed with Apex so far. It took forever to get a reliable connection to the server for one. The circle doesnt work much as a deterrent as its pretty easy to make your way around the map quickly, and you dont take much damage if youre outside of it. I played my first 3 matches in a row in which I dealt damage but failed to register a kill, which could be attributed to not enough skill, bad connection, or another game where it takes way too many bullets to kill someone.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Not too impressed with Apex so far. It took forever to get a reliable connection to the server for one. The circle doesnt work much as a deterrent as its pretty easy to make your way around the map quickly, and you dont take much damage if youre outside of it. I played my first 3 matches in a row in which I dealt damage but failed to register a kill, which could be attributed to not enough skill, bad connection, or another game where it takes way too many bullets to kill someone.
Downloaded it on release day but not tried it yet. I fear my days with battle royale games may be over, even ones as lauded as this. PUBG isn't even installed on my PC any more.

Holy Stromboli does Assassin's Creed: Odyssey feel like a real chore to play sometimes. I'm a big fan of open world games, when that world feels even a fraction more dynamic. This game is just chock full of fetch quests and it's repetition galore to the point that it overshadows any quality the game may have.
WARNING: spoilers below
I mean, considering the size of the game you can't give me a handful of decent quests? I'm sure some of these bastards can go get their own pelts and fine gems. Can a single guard or captain not laugh at or insult a woman while she's doing whatever she does? They don't like it, it makes them homicidal and guess who they ask to do their dirty work? How many flipping people have ships? Can I just cruise in peace, please? At this point I'd rather just go around handing everyone 50 drachmae just to level up. I made it to the Minotaur and stopped playing. Came so close to killing him a good 3 times. Each time always ends the same, right when I think I have him, BAM, donzo.
I'm taking a long hiatus and starting Batman: Arkham City. Fudge them apples.

Good luck. I gave up on Arkham City from all the missions that would pop up halfway into another. Of course I had JUST come off an Arkham Asylum binge, so I was expecting more of that pace. Combat was a lot easier in Arkham City, so I felt more powerful. Just some of the quests and riddled clues were too much for me.

Good luck. I gave up on Arkham City from all the missions that would pop up halfway into another. Of course I had JUST come off an Arkham Asylum binge, so I was expecting more of that pace. Combat was a lot easier in Arkham City, so I felt more powerful. Just some of the quests and riddled clues were too much for me.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Asylum. I was told Arkham City is even better, but we'll see. I liked the linear aspect of the first game, nothing too elaborate but it was enough to keep me entertained. If Arkham City delivers that much then I'm golden.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Asylum. I was told Arkham City is even better, but we'll see. I liked the linear aspect of the first game, nothing too elaborate but it was enough to keep me entertained. If Arkham City delivers that much then I'm golden.

I think had I put more time between the two games my experience would have been better. City is much more open and not nearly as linear. Tracking current missions was difficult as some were triggered by local ringing pay phones that you have to drop whatever you're doing to take. If I remember, those missions were timed to a degree. It sort of takes a Rock Star approach where you can pick and choose any number of mission options. I loved the combat and open world feel just gliding around beating up thugs. It was fun playing as Catwoman too.

Looking back, I want to play it again! Maybe if I approached it more like I did with Red Dead Redemption---just logging on to hunt and only taking a mission when bored enough, then I would have enjoyed it more. Still, it was a major jump from Asylum.

I think had I put more time between the two games my experience would have been better. City is much more open and not nearly as linear. Tracking current missions was difficult as some were triggered by local ringing pay phones that you have to drop whatever you're doing to take. If I remember, those missions were timed to a degree. It sort of takes a Rock Star approach where you can pick and choose any number of mission options. I loved the combat and open world feel just gliding around beating up thugs. It was fun playing as Catwoman too.

Looking back, I want to play it again! Maybe if I approached it more like I did with Red Dead Redemption---just logging on to hunt and only taking a mission when bored enough, then I would have enjoyed it more. Still, it was a major jump from Asylum.
Sounds like something I'd usually enjoy, but coming from playing Odyssey I would've preferred something less intricate. But, hey, I think at this point pretty much anything would be better than the monotony of that game.

Speaking of RDR (which I've never played), I can't wait for RDR2 to hit PC, I hear mostly great things about it. Mainly about the story. It's a mixed bag when it comes to gameplay, though. Something about the character moving at a snail's pace during the beginning or so of the game. Hopefully it's not that bad and if so I can eventually get past if the story is worth it. Does look like my kind of game.

I highly recommend RDR while waiting for RDR2. Great game. Open world enough to explore without the pressure of quests and linear enough to not get overwhelmed. I have 2 but haven't really started it.

I highly recommend RDR while waiting for RDR2. Great game. Open world enough to explore without the pressure of quests and linear enough to not get overwhelmed. I have 2 but haven't really started it.
Trust me, the praise for it hasn't gone unnoticed. I'd like to give it a go but it would need to make its PC debut first, which is unlikely.

C'est la vie...

Trust me, the praise for it hasn't gone unnoticed. I'd like to give it a go but it would need to make its PC debut first, which is unlikely.

C'est la vie...

My bad. Forgot you said pc. I have no idea what's out anymore and just assumed it was available. I think my last pc game was WoW. Maybe Starcraft ii. Wait. No I had EVE-online but that's mostly once every other year kind of thing that lasts a few months then gone till my next cycle.

Man! I hate that it wasn't released on pc!