Dune (Denis Villeneuve, 2021)

Tools    

a bomb is a bomb is a bomb...it doesnt matter how good the movie is...the stink of bomb will last for atleast decade
What odd logic. So the movie can be a 10/10 masterpiece but because the box office sales were disappointing, the Director will have learned nothing?

What odd logic. So the movie can be a 10/10 masterpiece but because the box office sales were disappointing, the Director will have learned nothing?
its show business..not just show...so the director couldn't connect with lot of people otherwise it would have been a success...i felt it was way too slow

its show business..not just show...so the director couldn't connect with lot of people otherwise it would have been a success...i felt it was way too slow
So he learnt nothing through this process? Is that what you're saying?

So he learnt nothing through this process? Is that what you're saying?
a remake or reinvention of a cult movie is something that needs to be avoided. At least in a huge scale. I am okay if he makes this for a arrival size budget. But from the looks of it, he will need more money than that to realize this world. Then he will fall into the trappings of blade runner 2049..either make a commercial movie or make a high art prestigious ambitious movie. If he makes the latter then this movie will not make more than 150 million in which case its a bomb. If he makes a commercial movie then I don't see Denis directing it. They can give it to Michael bay

This might just do nobody any good.
Dave Bautista is Glossu Rabban.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...ot-1203101834/

Edit: might be Glossu. Probably is.

better leave the classic of 1984 alone.

Dave Bautista is Glossu Rabban.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...ot-1203101834/

Edit: might be Glossu. Probably is.
Let's see how close the resemblance is to whoever they get to play Feyd .

Yeah, they’ll probably skew casting consistency under the pretext of “space so who cares.”

Making the Bar(r)on Trump is easy but also fun.

A system of cells interlinked
better leave the classic of 1984 alone.
I'm a big fan of Lynch, but he asked to have his name removed from the film for a reason. While I think he totally nailed the tone, many other aspects of the film fell short.

Skarsgard the elder to play The Baron.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...s-dune-1174870

Might as well get Bill for Feyd.
Perhaps an unusual choice but I can see how they would be able to pad him out to achieve the right effect. I can't remember whether the Baron flies in the book to be honest or whether his mass is just held up by suspensors as he walks around. I did think it was a bit strange that when Ian McNiece played him they stuck quite closely to the image in Lynch's film, minus the hugely over-the-top skin diseases .

Just give him Gary Oldman’s fat suit.

And, yeah, he’s got a thing that makes him float.

Just give him Gary Oldman’s fat suit.

And, yeah, he’s got a thing that makes him float.
Haven't we all .

Seems a bit young but yeah, he's definitely good casting. Charlotte Rampling will be good as Gaius Helen Mohiam too.

Seems a bit young but yeah, he's definitely good casting.
I like that they went with someone who hasn’t entered the “mentor” stage of their career...
Spoiler Warning for People Who Haven’t Read the Book or Seen the Previous Film.
WARNING: spoilers below
Having Leto killed in what would, to new audiences, at least, appear to be his prime could add further poignancy, I think.