Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It's been a few weeks, but the last movie I saw was Incredibles 2 in theaters! Obviously, I thought this movie was amazing, and I even think it might be better than the first one! It had a great balance of throwing in a strong female lead without being blatantly obvious or annoying! The movie made me laugh and it had a great story line. Kind of predictable, but that's kind of what I expected with a kid's movie. Overall, this was a great film!

The Informer (1935)

Victor McLaglen won the best actor Oscar as an ex IRA member who turns in his best buddy for a reward. He has to deal with the consequences, being his guilt and everyone he knows trying to figure out who the informer is. John Ford directs, and he does a spectacular job at putting the viewer into this world.

I have watched Maze Runner " The Death Cure " and giving 10 out of 10 and recommending everyone pls do watch this movie its an awesome movie.

Dredd the character is a mix of Nolan’s Batman and Clint Eastwood in unforgiven.
I thought more Harry Callahan, especially when he says "Outstanding". A bit like Harry's "Marvellous" .

I’d happily watch this character in this city again. When’s the sequel
Tell me about it. They are supposed to be making a TV series though, and hopefully Karl Urban will be involved.

Just want to say a few words on this as too tired at the time and it's been on my mind all morning,, what an incredible Italian crime drama with gangsters politicians and even the pope.. I was interested in the first half and engrossed in the second as all the interlocking tales came together .. from the makers of Gomorrah but I liked this a bit more

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★
It lost a lot of it's power on a third rewatch, but still a very good movie.
Edit: One star was missing, sorry.

★★★★★
Timeless classic!

Welcome to the human race...
Ant-Man and the Wasp -

as if Morrissey deserved that shout-out

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Tell me about it. They are supposed to be making a TV series though, and hopefully Karl Urban will be involved.
He wants to be, I'd love a series...but I'm doubtful we'll get one.

Suspect's Reviews

This might just do nobody any good.
Ant-Man and the Wasp -

as if Morrissey deserved that shout-out
Luis is very relatable.

Little Women (1994)

Winona and C.Bale have great chemistry

Another movie (like La La Land) that was very over-hyped. I thought it was okay, but I would never watch it again. Cannot understand the acclaim & adulation at all.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Another movie (like La La Land) that was very over-hyped. I thought it was okay, but I would never watch it again. Cannot understand the acclaim & adulation at all.
I loved it, probably my favourite of the year. I thought it was extremely clever, well directed and didn't waste any screentime. Excellent for a re-watch to pick up on the dozens of subtle hints throughout the film.

My one gripe is why would he take the cotton out of his ears when trying to leave the house? He knows it works to his advantage. Keep them in dammit.

Watched 'Sicario 2 Day of the Soldado' today. If you compare it with your usual action/drug/mafia movies then it's a decent flick, but if you compare it with the original then it's quite inferior in all aspects. And that ending doesn't help. Brolin and Benecio Del Toro.

On a side note, the lady at the ticket counter demanded my ID, because of it being an adult movie, and that's just made my day.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

+
Unexpectedly good. Story based on facts. It's the story of junk, who manages to get out of addiction and become a sportsman.

I was dreading this at nearly 3 hours long and finding the director's last shorter film, Force Majeure, a chore to get though. So was surprised that this film went by quite fast, enjoyed parts of it. And a real bonobo monkey in those scenes!

THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US: (2017)

I first contracted the survival movie bug after watching Lord of the Flies at boarding school. I have been hooked ever since.
My latest foray into the survival genre is The Mountain Between Us. This is a similar story to Survive in that the characters also find themselves atop a snow covered mountain after a plane crash, caused by a stroke or heart attack by the pilot (Beau Bridges). The strangers Alex (Kate Winslet and Ben (Idris Elba) decide they will die of either the cold or hunger if they stay with the wreck so are forced to trek down the mountain to reach civilization.The theme running thru this fictional movie is the connection that Alex a Caucasian photo-journalist and Ben a doctor of African decent must forge in order to survive. Interestingly, the subject of racism is never broached. This allows an inspiring ride to be taken by the viewer as the two overcome enormous pitfalls to remain alive. The soapy ending stops me giving this a 4.