Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Fury of the Fist and the Golden Fleece (Alexander Wraith, 2018): Martial Arts + Troma Film - Excessive Gore and Nudity + Ensemble Cast = This Film!

The film revolves around a character known as The Fist (Sean Stone, son of director Oliver Stone), who was once a big martial arts fighter and adult film star who lost his mojo after the source of his power, the Golden Fleece, has been taken, but by whom? The film is set in 1984 New York City as the Fist goes on a quest with best friends El Guapo (Alex Wraith) and Okinawa Jackson (Juhahn Jones) to find the Golden Fleece and get his mojo back. The Fist looks to be a combination of Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China meshed with Austin Powers while El Guapo is a martial arts fighting version of Scarface's Tony Montana.

The likes of Michael Dudikoff, Richard Grieco, Tiny Lister, Ron Jeremy, Danny Trejo, Bill Goldberg, Jason and Jeremy London, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Ernie Reyes Jr., Don Frye, Cynthia Rothrock, Taimak, and Bianca Van Damme (Jean-Claude's daughter) all appear as either supporting characters or cameos.

I loved it for its ridiculous nature...so I give the film a B rating.

Rocky II (1979)
Dir: Sylvester Stallone

I enjoyed this more than the first film, and I actually think it's a better film, if not a better script, which it really can't be if you're basing that criteria on originality alone (although even that got questioned and settled..ugh).

Rocky II tells the story a bit more, and honestly, if they had stopped here, I could see Rocky II being much like The Godfather II. Yes, it's a sequel, but it has merit to be. The continuation of the Rocky story has him earning more money and getting a better place, but it also focuses on more of the same tender romance that made part one work so well. The level of heartache in this film can be unbearable, especially if you've experienced anything like it in real life. Other moments of heart are visits to the enemy's hospital room to check and see if Rocky's opponent really gave him "his all".

This movie runs a bit lengthy but I didn't mind. It would have been a perfect bookend to the saga had it stopped right here. Instead we got the updated trendy Rocky III, which wasn't horrible, but contained one of the most indulgent scenes of dialog involving Talia Shire that ran about 2 minutes past its welcome. Not to mention the fact that it was an unnecessary film. But it's fun at the movies, so what?

Anyway, back to Rocky II. No, wait. Rocky IV was an awesome movie, but again, it wasn't necessary. No, wait. Actually, it was necessary. Imagine what world we would be in without it?

Rocky II was the last "real" Rocky film. All of the rest were cash ins, and to be frank, even this film was a cash in, but the script was good, the film was excellent (much better camera work, sound, editing, budget$$$), and the performances were all great, especially Burgess Meredith who should have won an Oscar for his portrayal of Mickey, exceeding his chops even more in this chapter.

But Rocky 2 is not better than Rocky.

Make a better place

Heavenly Creatures (1994)

''I’m going to The Fourth World… It’s sort of like heaven. Only better, because there aren’t any Christians!''
Is it a sad depressing drama, or is it more crime thriller?
I just watched the trailer and I think I'll love it but I'm afraid it turns out to be depressing and there's nothing wrong with that just not my taste

Funland (Michael A. Simpson, 1987)

"Well of course you're hungry, you've been dead for three days!"

“I was cured, all right!”
But Rocky 2 is not better than Rocky.

In your opinion!
For Joel, Rocky II is a better film. For me Rocky III is even better than Rocky II. It's a matter of opinion and taste.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★★ (Masterpiece)

One of the movies that grows with time. It's for movies like this that I love cinema. Berlin has never been so beautiful. Poetic, touching, and best of all, very well filmed and conducted by Mr. Wim Wenders! Great use of colors. Only this part already guarantees my admiration:

Inception (Christopher Nolan, 2010)

Pretty dreamy

Verònica (2017) - Paco Plaza

- I read somewhere before watching it that it was one of the scariest movie of the decade... well it's not and it's all-around pretty mediocre. Acting is meh, Directing is pretty decent and the storyline is boring, slow-burning and uninteresting. I don't like it and I don't recommend it.

A Perfect World (1993)

''You know, Phillip, you have a ********* red, white and blue American right to eat cotton candy and ride roller coasters.''

Is it a sad depressing drama, or is it more crime thriller?
I just watched the trailer and I think I'll love it but I'm afraid it turns out to be depressing and there's nothing wrong with that just not my taste
It is more of a crime thriller IMO, but maybe you will find it depressing, I don't know, we all have different ideas of depressing.

I liked some things about it, but sadly I can see why you would find it idiotic

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
It's not great, and the ending was indeed idiotic, but I have to say that Pine's and Gadot's chemistry was fun and well done.