Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Mobile police patlabor reboot

Have no big idea but it's interesting to see it from more modern perspective the like social media implied. The characters seems meh. probably these short is too short tho'.
-

I was truly amazed by this movie! The war scenes were extremely graphic but realistic and they sucked you in as if you were there in the middle of the war, you could almost smell all the death. The sound was amazing and i loved how Mel perfectly divided the movie in half, first half drama and second half war. Thumbs up

I just watched The Chumscrubber (2005). Someone posted here yesterday and I got inspired (that's why I love this Forum, it's alive), I said, well, let's check it out. It was alright. I was enjoying this Billy character, puncher. The guy was hilarious in stabbing scene, real coach . Not much else to say to it. It's certainly not a keeper.

Nightcrawler (2014)

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Jackie Brown (1997, multiple rewatch)
-

Best part of this film for me is always the soundtrack.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackie Brown.png
Views:	480
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	28944  

Colors (1988, multiple rewatch)
+

I've always liked saying her name, Maria Conchita Alonso. The rest of the cast is fully loaded with Penn, Duvall, Cheadle, Wayans, Leon and a handful of other recognizable faces. Dennis Hopper directs.

Secret in Their Eyes: 5.7/10

decent performances, but dull story, messily told with transitions to flashbacks being nonexistent, and sometimes indistinguishable from the current timeline.

MovieMax turned me onto this movie, but I'm afraid he nor anyone else is gonna like what I have to say!
That's fine. It's a movie for a generation, not necessarily for your generation.

That's fine. It's a movie for a generation, not necessarily for your generation.
Don't get what you mean by that. A truly good movie should be able to reach all generations. Besides, the demographic the movie is aiming toward, whatever that may be, isn't related to my disliking of it. You could say that about Dazed and Confused, but I like that movie.

You could say that about Dazed and Confused, but I like that movie.
You see, that one did nothing for me. We pick and choose...

A truly good movie should be able to reach all generations.
That's too broad. If it was that easy, remakes wouldn't fly.

To AdamUp, solid three rewatches! Big fan of Alien and I'm an old school Trekkie and thoroughly enjoyed the new Star Treks, including Cumberbatch's Kahn. Even liked the silliness of the third; Beyond which does tap in the more nonsensical tv shows of the original series.

For me,
after having a fun discussion about The Three Musketeers with clazor, his favorite being the Disney version, it got me very much in the mood to watch my favorite version:

(COUNTLESS REWATCHES) The Three Musketeers (1973)
With an iconic cast of the time: Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Michael York, Christopher Lee, Charlton Heston, Faye Dunaway and Raquel Welch; for me, this movie delivers swashbuckling adventure with comedic aplomb and style. While this is a first part to a two part film (the second being Four Musketeers since while filming the director realized that he could do a huge 4 hour plus film or just make two - and so he did) it easily stands alone.
Utter and complete fun. Love this movie. Love it, love it, love it!!
really gotta watch this

I imagine that red cross is supposed to be a crosshair but also representing the character's religious beliefs? Very good – also makes me connect to Garfield's other current film, Silence.

Resident Evil (2002) rewatch

One down, nine to go...

"But wait a minute, Meds, there are only six movies in this franchise?"

I was counting shot glasses, idiot...

Alexandra's Project (2003)

A fairly average suburban family, it's the husband's birthday and he comes home from work to find a videotape from wifey. He's in for an unpleasant surprise. I liked the story and performances, and most of the execution is strong until the ending. It is a slow, downbeat movie about a marriage gone wrong. I liked it, but it's not nearly as good as the director's Bad Boy Bubby.

Welcome to the human race...
Resident Evil (2002) rewatch

One down, nine to go...

"But wait a minute, Meds, there are only six movies in this franchise?"

I was counting shot glasses, idiot...

I'm going to assume this is revenge for me not liking Crank.

Anyway...

Alien: Resurrection -

I predict that, once Covenant comes out, there will be a contingent of fans that will hold up both this and Alien 3 the same way that certain Star Wars fans held up the prequels over The Force Awakens. I may very well be one of them.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
all re-watches this time around

The Four Musketeers; Milady's Revenge (1974)
+ This is the continuation of the story line that normally gets condensed in most other renditions. I never seem to watch this one as much as the first; perhaps because situations get a little more serious even though the humor and madcap exploits continue.

And yes, that is Christopher Lee's character Rochefort awaiting a firing squad and the secondary man is having trouble wondering the correct way to blindfold a one eyed man.

Star Trek
It is no secret I AM an old school trekkie who fully enjoyed Abrams' reboot - lens flares and all

Mortdecai
+++ If you were to ask my WHY I find this movie frickin hilarious I would not be able to explain.

But I do.

Find it hilarious.

Go ahead, judge me