The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Source Code is ok, zero rewatchability factor though. Wouldn't have made my top 250 I don't think.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I gave both of the last two , but they never even crossed my mind. I just checked IMDb and it says I've seen 1,460 sci-fi - I know, who cares?

The Man From Earth...almost made my list. I bet it made GBG's list. I think it's a great concept for a film. Yes, it has low production values, but do we really need crane shots and CG in every Sci Fi movie?

I doubt that highly religious people would like this, as they might be offended by the themes. I thought the themes were illuminating and gave me goose bumps.

I've seen 5 yet (The Incredible, Truman Show, Event Horizon, Source Code and The Man from Earth

The only one from my list is The Man from Earth, at my #5, great film very philosophical, intellectual with a great idea well executed, films that make me think like that are rare.

I've seen criticism about the acting, I disagree it's a movie about dialogue which was well presented. Also, the main actor needed to have a sort of detached wisdom to be believable which he absolutely had, I thought, great film.

Source Code was on my list at #24! I was very surprised by this film. I didn't know much about it going in.

Never seen The Man From Earth.

Seen: 6/10

My List: 2/10

Duncan Jones is a great director and I was really looking forward to Warcraft from this past year being a fan of that Game Franchise but It was underwhelming.

Just saw on IMDB that there will be a sequel for The Man from Earth with the same director and main actor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5770864/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
Thanks for posting that @Pussy Galore

The Man from Earth: Holocene (2017) in pre-production with director Richard Schenkman who also directed The Man From Earth.

It could be an interesting sequel, but I expect it will be a big budget, block buster Hollywood type movie.

I remember reading that when The Man From Earth was being made, the big producers wanted to turn it into a block buster film, but Jerome Bixby who wrote it, and who's father wrote the original story idea, didn't want to go all Hollywood with it, so kept it a small indie film.

Source Code

(2011, Duncan Jones)

55 Points, 5 Lists
YES! YES! YES!

I'm so relieved. First movie from my list (I think... I tossed out my list, Nope please resend it to me) and it's my #1 movie. In case you didn't guess.

I think gbgoodies and I might have helped get this movie on the countdown, and thank God some other people helped, too.

I am now worried about my #2 movie, but, at least this showed up.

And I didn't just pick that as my #1 because Jake Gyllenhaal is in it. I seriously think it's one of his best movies ever.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Man From Earth...almost made my list. I bet it made GBG's list. I think it's a great concept for a film. Yes, it has low production values, but do we really need crane shots and CG in every Sci Fi movie?
I love The Man From Earth, and I strongly considered putting it on my list, but even though I know that it's a sci-fi film, it just doesn't have a sci-fi "feel" to me, so it didn't make my list. I'm very happy that it made the list without my help.

I think gbgoodies and I might have helped get this movie on the countdown, and thank God some other people helped, too.
Source Code is another movie that I love, and this one is the first movie from my list to make the countdown. It was #16 on my list, but it could easily have been higher because I love all the movies on my list, so ranking them was extremely hard.

Seen: 7-1/2 out of 10
My list: 1 so far

16) Source Code (2011)

I still haven't seen Source Code yet, but mean to. I've never even heard of The Man From Earth, which slightly embarrasses me, as Tony Todd's in it and I really like that guy. So far, I'm batting zero on the list for films I've voted on.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

War of the Worlds

First film to come before the 1980s to make the list so far. This film was tied with The Man From Earth, but was on one more list, so won the tiebreaker.

Layout: 4th, 6th, 18th, 20th

Wreck-It Ralph

This was a film i was definitely not expecting to make the countdown. This one was tied with another film, but that one was on 7 lists instead of 4, so Wreck-It Ralph lost the tiebreaker.

Layout: 3rd, 7th, 16th, 21st

War Of The Worlds is far too low imo
Wreck-It Ralph being here surprises me a little - good film just doesn't spring to mind for this for me.

Predictions:
88. Predestination
87. Contact

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Source Code - Really enjoyed this one, but it didn't make my list. Had the film ended when I thought it was going to (and where it should have) then it might have made it into the 25th spot, but yes, as others have mentioned, that ending takes it down a notch.

Wreck-It-Ralph - Didn't even consider this Sci/Fi and still don't. Really great flick, but shouldn't be on this list in my opinion.

Haven't seen the other two.

Suspect's Reviews

Never seen the original War of the Worlds.

As I've mentioned before, Wreck-It Ralph is really good entertainment and it's well done, I'm just not emotionally invested or truly captivated as with other Disney or Pixar films.

Seen 7/12
Nothing from my list yet.