RIP Prince

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Oh boy, I still have all the vinyl I bought as they came out from Prince. I think I've got everything up to The Gold Experience in the mid-1990s. The first time Brenda and I went dancing, I asked the DJ to play "Take Me with U" from Purple Rain.
http://www.zippcast.com/video/ffd09d...8ad4e358176249

R.I.P.

I remember VH1 was interviewing Stevie Nicks, and she told a story about hitting a roadblock on a song in the studio. For days they couldnt get what they wanted, and somehow someone said "Call Prince". Well someone called Prince (no this isnt a Dave Chappell story), and got him on his car phone, and he was at the studio shortly after getting the call.

She said he sat there, listened to everything, showed the producer what to do, and left. He was there 20 minutes tops, and everyone knew he nailed it. Wish I knew more details on this Im just going from memory.

Song was Stand Back and was based on Little Red Corvette...

Taken from Wiki:

Nicks started humming along to the melody (Little Red Corvette), especially inspired by the lush synthesizers of the song, and "Stand Back" was born. They stopped and got a tape recorder and she recorded the demo in the honeymoon suite that night. Later, when Nicks went into the studio to record the song, she called Prince and told him the story of how she wrote the song to his melody. He came to the studio that night and played synthesizers on it, although his contribution is uncredited on the album. Then, she says, "he just got up and left as if the whole thing happened in a dream."[

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sign O' The Times is one of the greatest albums ever made.

Genius, maverick, slave, trooper - His name was Prince, and he was funky.

Rest in peace.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

Totally out of left field for me. I didn't know he had been sick.

I'm actually a big fan.

R.I.P.

YOU FOUND IT:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prince.jpg
Views:	1585
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	24969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Symbol.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	24970   Click image for larger version

Name:	birds.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	26637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guitar.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	26638  

I was reading up on him the other day after he'd been sick. They had to make an emergency landing when he collapsed on his private jet.
I think I do remember hearing about that, but forgot about it since I thought I heard he was okay.

What a year we've had so far!

Prince's death is by far the most shocking and unexpected of them all.

I would love to list my Top Prince Songs, but the problem is none of his songs are available on YouTube.

R.I.P. Purple one. The doves are crying today
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The People's Republic of Clogher
Shame his stuff's kinda hard to find on YouTube, but here's something I was linked to a few minutes ago:

From 3.30. The guy's stage presence is astonishing.

Prince's death is by far the most shocking and unexpected of them all.
I know. David Bowie can just beat it now. Prince was far more important to me.

Originally Posted by mojofilter
I would love to list my Top Prince Songs, but the problem is none of his songs are available on YouTube.
Make a list of the songs and put them in here or something.

What's funny is Vanity, who was Prince's old girlfriend and who was basically discovered by Prince, died in February, and I made a big thread about it.

Wow. Prince, Michael Jackson and David Bowie are all gone. Madonna, you're next. Not many '80s giants left.

This doesn't beat the surrealistic "Robin Williams committed suicide" death announcement, though.

I thought this was a joke when I saw it and then went to his IMDB page...this JUST happened TODAY!!! I can't believe it...the man was an original and I loved his music...Purple Rain is one of my guilty pleasures that I never get tired of watching. "Kiss" was part of my Music that Makes Me Dance thread. I remember a comic (I forget which one) said Prince was living proof that Sammy Davis Jr and Liberace had sex. I loved Jamie Foxx's recount of his one meeting with him during his "I Might Need Security" concert. From the little I've read on this so far, I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those mysterious celebrity deaths that we will NEVER know exactly what happened...all I've been able to learn thus far is that he was on a plane and he collapsed...if anyone has further information, please share. RIP.

From the little I've read on this so far, I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those mysterious celebrity deaths that we will NEVER know exactly what happened...
Prince was always, I felt, a man of mystery.

Originally Posted by Gideon58
all I've been able to learn thus far is that he was on a plane and he collapsed...if anyone has further information, please share. RIP.
That happened last week or so -- the plane incident. I think they said he had the flu?

He was found dead today at his recording studio in Paisley Park - I think near or at his home in Minneapolis?

He was DOA Sexy? No trip to the hospital? Any word on an autopsy yet?
They can't do an autopsy just yet 'cause the coroners are all busy partying like it's 1999.

I do know that when they took his body, he was put in a little red corvette instead of a hearse.

I just read that Prince died in an elevator.

Lyrics from his hit song "Let's Go Crazy" :

And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy, punch a higher floor

Which is funny because I've always liked those lyrics and considered them words to live by.

Prince punched a higher floor.

Master of My Domain
Out of all celebrities, I did not expect this guy to go. Did he have a drug related issues? Anyways, R.I,P Prince, your talent will be missed.

This feels out of place but: maybe we'll finally get to listen to his songs on YT and Itunes?