Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

D.O.A. (1950)

+

The beginning of this had me wondering if this was some kind of ghost story, a really simple yet brilliant set-up to an excellent story. From the top 100 Noirs list, and I thought it was pretty good.

I am the Watcher in the Night
D.O.A. (1950)

+

The beginning of this had me wondering if this was some kind of ghost story, a really simple yet brilliant set-up to an excellent story. From the top 100 Noirs list, and I thought it was pretty good.
ok, gotta give this a watch, as I love myself some noir

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I Don't Hate Las Vegas Anymore - Thumbs Up

It's a documentary, don't use a 1-10 scale system, and I either give it a thumbs up or down. A very personal movie with some annoying stuff, because the director and star of the movie is. I'd hang out with the guy, but I know he'd get on my nerves. But I will watch another one of his that's on youtube.

Anyway, it's about the director (33 yrs old) who wants to take his dad (62 yrs old) and half-brother (16-yrs old) to Las Vegas. He wants them to take ecstasy and get to know each other.

Zootopia:

Disney animation keeps on churning out hit after hit. This is another one. A lot of the humor was based on movie references and in jokes in the casting (Tommy Chong as a stoned hippie, Alan Tudyk has the same name as his Frozen character and sells Disney merchandise). For better or worse, it is more dramatic than I expected. There's a half hour in the middle where nobody even tries to tell jokes, and the movie starts to take itself seriously as a cop drama. I liked it, but based on the noise I think a lot of kids were pretty bored (It is almost a full 2 hours, longer than most animated films). It's about racism and words that I can say but you can't and stereotypes and police profiling, which is obvious, but for me it never got preachy about it. Shakira is desperately fishing for a song Oscar and her sexualized gazelle is weird.

Zootopia:

Disney animation keeps on churning out hit after hit. This is another one. A lot of the humor was based on movie references and in jokes in the casting (Tommy Chong as a stoned hippie, Alan Tudyk has the same name as his Frozen character and sells Disney merchandise). For better or worse, it is more dramatic than I expected. There's a half hour in the middle where nobody even tries to tell jokes, and the movie starts to take itself seriously as a cop drama. I liked it, but based on the noise I think a lot of kids were pretty bored (It is almost a full 2 hours, longer than most animated films). It's about racism and words that I can say but you can't and stereotypes and police profiling, which is obvious, but for me it never got preachy about it. Shakira is desperately fishing for a song Oscar and her sexualized gazelle is weird.
I'm very interested to see "Zootopia". Glad you liked it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My Big Fat Greek Wedding directed by Joel Zwick -

It's charm is undeniable, and it has the perfect amount of humor and well crafted jokes. So if you can look past how ridiculously cheesy and corny the whole thing is, you can find a movie that has a good heart and message.
I THOROUGHLY LOVE this movie!! Seen it countless times since seeing it at an independent/art movie theater nearby. Yes, it is basic and standard in plot, but I love the characters and its charm. Glad to hear you liked it

The Lobster (2015)

+

Nicely quirky, definitely unique, darkly comic, almost romantic and overall downright weird, so right up my street
I am F@CKIN DYING to see this one for those exact reasons. From the first detailed reviews I saw of it, here. Wish I could remember which review threads so I can give proper respect. . . .

(REWATCH) Pickup on South Street (1953)
Went searching for Sam Fuller films on youtube, specifically Steel Helmet or Verboten!; did find a great lil documentary with Tim Robbins about Fuller and ended up with the only film of his I HAVE seen and love.

SIDE NOTE: went a-searchin after reading **HOLDEN's write up on Fuller films in the 50's suggestion thread

**my dumb@ss initially typed a thank you to Lime (thanks camo for catching that faux-pax )

West Side Story (my all time favorite, hands down!)

I give it a ten, as usual.

Care for some gopher?
Moulin Rouge! (Baz Luhrmann, 2001) -

Le Samourai - 9/10

Le Samourai - 9/10
I've been meaning to watch this movies for soooo long. I just need to get subtitles, and so many are spam, but after your 9/10, I will try harder, thanks!

I've been meaning to watch this movies for soooo long. I just need to get subtitles, and so many are spam, but after your 9/10, I will try harder, thanks!
You haven't watched Le Samouraï yet because of spam and decides to try harder because of spam? Confusing.

But really, this is the guy's first and only post.

Being John Malkovich

It felt a bit like a Terry Gilliam film with its wackness. It's a unique dark comedy which makes me want to be John Malkovich.

Now, I realise some people don't like this film and some do. I just want to say that both opinions are valid - mine just happens to be one of those opinions. I can't say whether I like it categorically or not, but I can confirm that it is a film and I have watched it.

Rating:indeterminate

If you need to talk about any of the issues raised in this review feel free to call our helpline on 0178 567 934

You haven't watched Le Samouraï yet because of spam and decides to try harder because of spam? Confusing.

But really, this is the guy's first and only post.
It's a hassle finding subtitles without a bunch of pop-ups, or BS links, and I just say "screw it" and hope to find it another way. But now, I'm even more determined, and won't pass it up.

Anesthesia
Tim Blake Nelson | 2015

Captain Phillips (re-watch)
Paul Greengrass | 2013

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
Yuen Woo-ping | 2016

Knight of Cups
Terrence Malick | 2015

London Has Fallen
Babak Najafi | 2016

Standoff
Adam Alleca | 2016