Mad Max: Fury Road

Tools    

I watched this again. I bought it and I watched it.

I liked it a lot more. I don't think it's better than the older Mad Max movies, and I do think it has many flaws it could have prevented, and I certainly don't feel crazy about it like so many other people have... but I dig it more. To the point that I think I don't even really hate it now. I REMAIN CRITICAL.... and I think a big flaw with the film is that it can get boring and I think it gets worse as it goes along... and I'm not really looking forward to another sequel, especially if Furiosa only gets an even bigger role.

And now I've got the guy above as my avatar and profile banner (might be different if you're reading this an hour later).
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ntp7hlF0Wr1u62kxvo1_1280.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	22600  

Simply brilliant! Love it!

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I loved it. Fury Road is one of the most entertaining movies ive ever seen.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

So when are we doing a group commentary to this movie?

Definitely not tonight, but think about it, and get the movie if you don't have it.

Watched Fury Road last night.

Not sure what to think about it. It was certainly a cinematic spectacle. I felt like I had to take an intermission midway (and since I watched it On Demand, I could pause it).

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like I have trouble following the action of many modern movies - like there's too much happening too fast and it becomes difficult to follow who's who and which car is which and who's doing what. (Kind of like the kaleidoscope of movement in a Transformers movie - which is all very colorful, but undecipherable as far as what's going on.)

I did appreciate learning that Fury Road used mostly real effects and didn't rely heavily on CGI, and I also caught various film aspects that seemed to be nods to the earlier Mad Max films.

In the end, I'm wondering if anyone can explain why I still enjoyed Road Warrior (which seems closest thematically to Fury Road in the Mad Max series) so much more?
I remember caring more for the characters in Road Warrior; their plight against the marauders and for Max's dilemma to go either his own way or try to help the victims.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I'm wondering if anyone can explain why I still enjoyed Road Warrior ... so much more?
Because your old And so am I!...Youngsters today cut their teeth on fast paced video games. That's why they make movies like Fury Road which are adrenalized ADT roller coaster rides. If the camera pauses for more that 3 seconds, it's considered boring.

At least you made it through the entire movie. All that whirling camera action, fast cuts and explosive scenes gave me a headache! I shut it off after 15 minutes.

What Steel said.

The Transformer kaleidoscope action line nails it. Visual orgy.

Losing track of the action aside, Road Warrior's protagonists were given a lot more care and attention.

Conversely, while it's easier to like the good guys in Road Warrior, it's easier to hate the bad guys in Fury Road.

I liked Road Warrior, but I strongly prefer Fury Road. I could follow the action and I was never seriously invested in the characters in Road Warrior anyway.

Road Warrior feels better paced and more complete, but Fury Road feels like Road Warrior fully realized.

They are much better. The world actually feels lived in and real. Weird bits and weird characters and dog food and boomerangs.

Welcome to the human race...
They are much better. The world actually feels lived and real. Weird bits and weird characters and dog food and boomerangs.
Easy to say about the first one since it's not post-apocalyptic, very hard to say about the third one and its Hook-like shenanigans involving a tribe of feral kids.