What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Every time I go to this books/music/video second hand shop I always end up spending more than I intend to.

Marebito

Fudoh: The Next Generation

Memento Mori

Steeped Beauty, God is Beauty
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (2008)

I bought it because it came with 3-D glasses and had a 3-D version. I am also a fan of the star, Brendan Fraser.

I believe it was Johnny English, because I had been meaning to check it out again and I found it cheap.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Reign Over Me (because I heard good things about the movie and it was just a buck at the dollar store)

I think it was Jauja, as a Christmas present (for some reason we can't get the Blu-ray in the UK).

Meant to post this when I got back from the Uk in December

Got £10 off the Borgen blu-ray series thanks to a voucher, so got all three series of Borgen on blu-ray in a box set for £39.99. Buying the three blu-ray sets separately costs nearly £80! In my eyes the box set is a bargain me thinks!

My birthday was today and my friend got me Bluray copies of, Napoleon Dynamite and Children of Men. I couldn't be happier!!! Two of my favorite movies.

Y'all been watching Borgen and I'm Danish and still haven't. Shame on me.

Just started watching Mad Men yesterday, but maybe I'll start up on Borgen too.

Borgen is fantastic. Get it seen,MM. Then watch Mad Men, which is also great. Are you watching/seen Occupied?
Nope, I rarely watch shows and when I do it's usually the high rated ones and I watch them a while after they'd premiered.

But yes, I will watch Borgen soon!

Legend! Because I wasn't old enough to see it in the cinema...

I actually really enjoyed it. Legend tells the story of the Kray twins, beginning just after Ronald Kray is certified insane, with paranoid schizophrenia. It then follows them through to *SPOILERS* the murder of Jack McVitie in 1967, and the eventual downfall and arrest of the Kray twins. Subplots include the tragic arc of Reggie's wife, Frances Shea, who provides some nice contrast to the incredible masculinity of the rest of the film.

My main qualms going into the film was Tom Hardy playing both the twins - I'd never seen one actor play twins before, and was a little bit nervous he would ignore the differences between them. He didn't. In fact I forgot it was the same actor. While they look almost identical, and share some mannerisms, they are completely different characters and neither the script nor Hardy tries to deny it. He did an absolutely phonemail job, especially in the scenes where they are often in the same shot, I soon forgot about it. Emily Browning also did a fantastic job as Reggie's wife, Frances, and David Thewlis as the twins' business advisor.

Many reviews I read of the film seemed to see the film as glamourising crime and violence; I don't think it did. The film was clearly infatuated with the Twins and their reputation, but as far I could see it seemed intent on portraying their lives and surroundings as honestly as possible - the film shows plenty of the dark side of crime.

Overall I'd say this was a solid film, held together mainly by it's acting with a decent script and a good story to tell. And that's exactly it, past all the punches and "****s", its a damn good story.