Se7en vs Zodiac

Tools    

I prefer Zodiac way more.
Reasons?
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

It's based on true events. I always find crime/mystery films like this much more fascinating as I am able to get a sense of how things actually unfolded. Knowing that what you're watching actually happened makes things so much more exciting. At least for me.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I just watched both these movies today to make sure of which one I liked better. . .

Zodiac

Se7en

Se7en gets the slight edge because of the relationship that you develop with the characters and, in my opinion, the acting is better. Zodiac has some good acting in it too, but the best that comes from it is RDJ.

Both are good, but I'm partial to Zodiac.

Se7en.

Maybe the Zodiac wasn't as interesting to me as I'd already read about the zodiac killer in the news.

Been a long time since I saw either, but I remember trying to get through Zodiac - it seemed like it would never end.

It seemed to crawl without getting anywhere (and if I remember correctly, after dragging you along for over two and a half hours, it just leaves you hanging with no answers. I realize they never found the killer in real life, but you don't need such a long, tedious movie for a case that was never solved. I think I also remember it being more about the main character's obsession with his search for the killer than about the killer or the killings themselves. Or did it turn from a true crime movie to being all about the investigator?)

I remember Se7en being tense and gripping, building to an intense climax and delivering with a conclusion.

Zodiac did drag on and on. Such a good cast. It's a shame I couldn't get into it.

It seemed to crawl without getting anywhere (and if I remember correctly, after dragging you along for over two and a half hours, it just leaves you hanging with no answers. I realize they never found the killer in real life, but you don't need such a long, tedious movie for a case that was never solved. I think I also remember it being more about the main character's obsession with his search for the killer than about the killer or the killings themselves. Or did it turn from a true crime movie to being all about the investigator?)

I remember Se7en being tense and gripping, building to an intense climax and delivering with a conclusion.
"Even the most promising clues usually lead only to other clues. I've seen so many corpses rolled away... unrevenged" - Somerset

They're both brilliant. I've seen them probably more than 6 times, but Zodiac holds up a little better. It's bigger and more complex. Seven happens in a week. Zodiac unfolds over the course of 20+ years, it captures this huge picture of how the media and the police handle the killings while telling a more personal story of Graysmith's obsession with the Zodiac.

There's also this amazing scene with no visuals on the blu-ray director's cut version of Zodiac, where radio hits (from their respective years) are heard in succession to illustrate the passage of time with news coverage talking over them.

John Doe is by far and away the best character out of the two movies, I think most can agree

I agree, it`s Se7en. Thumb up for Morgan Freeman!

Based on the truth.. and lies.
I think the story of the zodiac is interesting and the movie did justice to the events and mystery. Also they name alot of nearby towns which still surprises me

Zodiac for me..

I remember seven being really exciting when I first saw it. The whole time I was thinking to Brad Pitt where the f is your wife?!? He's gonna get her!

Zodiac for me. Someone said it was Fincher's best film and I agree with that. I saw Se7en recently, and though a technically good film, not something very memorable, despite the infamous box scene.

Zodiac is on a whole other level for me, personally, - as a film. It's so tightly composed and looks so beautiful that the bonus of having it be a procedural thriller with a semi anti climactic finale actually makes it worlds more interesting and memorable to me than any other film in Fincher's body of work. In fact I would go so far as to answer the question " has David Fincher ever made a really good movie"?

Yes, Zodiac.

Am I the only person that thinks that Zodiac is very confusing by the end?
probably due to the fact the Zodiac remains an unidentified killer and it is meant to be confusing.. because it is confusing
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.