Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

Originally Posted by color
Well, I wouldn't say "hate"...but I really don't get the hype for The Incredibles. It's probably my least favorite Pixar movie made before 2010.

The Incredibles 2, on the other hand, now that's something I hate and everyone loves.
Originally Posted by color
I know. But everyone else acts like it's going to be this massively amazing thing and I just really don't want Pixar sequels to exist.

I guess you could say it's a movie idea I hate and everyone else loves.
I like the newbie already.

I'm surprised ratatouille is your list, Miss Vicky. I mean, I get that you like it, but I don't really understand why it's top 10.
How the... But... How? You know MV, right? I mean, you've noticed the whole rat lover/animation fan thing she has going on, yes?

I've watched 7 of MVs top 10 and at least like them all. So I just have to assume (hope) that the other three are turds.
They aren't.

ETA: I've watched eight of Camo's top ten. My opinion of those ranges from hatred to apathy. Of the other two, I think I might like one if I ever get around to seeing it.

I'm surprised ratatouille is your list, Miss Vicky. I mean, I get that you like it, but I don't really understand why it's top 10.
What Camo and hk said.

I am actually getting a new rat in a couple of weeks. I don't about naming him Camo, though. Oh, and it's not a billion. I actually counted the other day. I've had thirty. Thirty-two if you count the one I gave away after having for only like an hour (a friend fell in love with him and I let her have him) and the one I gave away after a couple of weeks (he had a medical condition that required much more time and vigilance than I could provide). I have three currently.

Well, I wouldn't say "hate"...but I really don't get the hype for The Incredibles. It's probably my least favorite Pixar movie made before 2010.
The Incredibles is pretty good movie but it's certainly weaker than several other Pixar movies.

There are many entire, or almost entire filmographies that I dispute with popular opinion. Some directors/films that come to mind:

Steven Spielberg
Christopher Nolan
Robert Bresson
James Cameron
Most of the works of Alfred Hitchcock
Francis Ford Coppola after Apocalypse Now
Fritz Lang except for M and Metropolis
The Tree of Life
American Hustle
Birdman
Lucio Fulci

I am the most passionate about the latter. Fulci's films are overwhelmingly unwatchable to me. I was never able to sit through the entirety of The Beyond, no matter how much horror fans adore and worship it.
Oh yeah tree of life, though that's not a movie many people like actually.

Oh, I remembered another one: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It just keeps going, and going, and going, and I could barely make it through it once.

I like the newbie already.
Did I finally find someone else who isn't looking forward to The Incredibles 2? Or does the futility of my annoyance amuse you?

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Did I finally find someone else who isn't looking forward to The Incredibles 2? Or does the futility of my annoyance amuse you?
I'm not interested in it either. The first one is decent but nothing special in my opinion. I'm not much of a Pixar fan but I'd rank Up, WALL-E, and all 3 Toy Story movies higher than Incredibles.

Hk doesn't like animation. Send him to a mental hospital.
Fixed.

Oh MV, I thought you'd have better reasons than content.
Like the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous to look at?
Or that it's funny?
Or that the characters are really cute?