Some Anti Social Scottish Guy Has Joined

Tools    

Hello i like films, obviously. That's why i decided to hit the register button and darken your wee forum. My taste film is mostly centered around English language film making. That being classic Hollywood, American New Wave Cinema (or whatever the period between the late 60's and early 80's Hollywood is being referred to today), and contemporary Hollywood get's a bit of love as well. And, being Scottish, British cinema plays a big part in my film watching. You know all those parochial social realism films

I tend to be very fussy with horror and comedy's. I also think David Niven is such a stilled actor, that he is the very human embodiment of walls ice cream and music halls itself.

My favorite actor is Henry Fonda, and Once Upon a Time In The West is my favorite film.

Cheers for reading folks.

Welcome ScotishGuy!

Cool, another poster who likes classic Hollywood films That makes like 3 of us now

Henry Fonda is always good. Have you seen The Ox Bow Incident?

Welcome ScotishGuy!

Cool, another poster who likes classic Hollywood films That makes like 3 of us now

Indeed i have sir. It's more a Dana Andrews film though. Fonda though as the silent onlooker, powerless to stop the mob mentality. You could tell that was a very personal role for him, as he witnessed a lynching at 14 i believe. I agree with a lot of film historians when they say it was the Western that made the genre be considered more culturally significant.

Hello i like films, obviously. That's why i decided to hit the register button and darken your wee forum. My taste film is mostly centered around English language film making. That being classic Hollywood, American New Wave Cinema (or whatever the period between the late 60's and early 80's Hollywood is being referred to today), and contemporary Hollywood get's a bit of love as well. And, being Scottish, British cinema plays a big part in my film watching. You know all those parochial social realism films

I tend to be very fussy with horror and comedy's. I also think David Niven is such a stilled actor, that he is the very human embodiment of walls ice cream and music halls itself.

My favorite actor is Henry Fonda, and Once Upon a Time In The West is my favorite film.

Welcome to the forum!

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome to Movie Forums.

Speaking of Dana Andrews, do you like classic Film Noir?
Being a slightly young 28, Film Noir is something i have yet to watch more of. Mostly i like the 50's a lot. I have seen British stuff like the 1947 adaptation of Brighton Rock, which is one of my favorites.

Welcome Scottish Guy!

I too like classic films from the 1930's through today.

Someone mentioned Dana Andrews, have you ever seen The Night Of The Demon from the 1950's? It was British made and an excellent supernatural based film.

Welcome Scottish Guy!

I too like classic films from the 1930's through today.

Someone mentioned Dana Andrews, have you ever seen The Night Of The Demon from the 1950's? It was British made and an excellent supernatural based film.
No, but seen as it's a horror i can see why i might have not had it on my radar. I love the The Best Years of Our Lives.

The Best Years Of Our Lives is one of my favorite films. I really like it.

And since you mentioned it, I may watch it tonight.

The Best Years Of Our Lives is one of my favorite films. I really like it.

And since you mentioned it, I may watch it tonight.
You're welcome

Welcome ScotishGuy!

You can make that four.

Yes I have seen and do own The Ox Bow Incident.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Welcome fellow Scot! From where do you hail in the ald country.