Vi är bäst! (2013) - 8/10
Kholokost – kley dlya oboev? (2013) - 7/10
La vie d'Adèle (2013) - 4/10
Onirica - Psie Pole (2013) - 8/10
The Babadook (2014) - 8/10

I think 90sAce is a Hunger Games fan.
Haven't seen it yet

This Sporting Life (1963)

Richard Harris plays a rough around the edges English brute who moves up in the world by using his force playing Rugby. This movie didn't quite go in the direction I was looking for, as the main focus of the movie is on his love life struggles, mainly with a widow played expertly by Rachel Roberts. This movie is a miserable, realistic, slow burn, with some good intensity and emotion. I read one reviewer compare the performance of Harris to De Niro's in Raging Bull, and to Brando's in A Streetcar Named Desire. it's an excellent, intense performance, and I think it's a pretty good comparison.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The List of Adrian Messenger (1963)

I knew nothing about The List of Adrian Messenger before watching it, except that it was released in 1963, and it had a great cast listed on the movie poster. IMDB lists it as a crime/mystery/drama, so that was enough to convince me to watch it.

The List of Adrian Messenger is basically a mystery about a man who thinks that several unrelated deaths may be connected, and he asks his friend, who is a recently retired MI5 British Intelligence Officer, to investigate. When the man is killed in a plane crash, his MI5 friend continues to investigate and solve the mystery.

The gimmick of playing "spot the hidden movie star" is a bit distracting, but the story is clever, and the movie is very good. I can't say much more without spoiling the movie, but I would definitely recommend this movie.

The Sword in the Stone (1963)

The Sword in the Stone is another movie released in 1963 that I watched both for the animation list and for the 1963 list. It's a Disney animated classic, and it's very good, but it's not my favorite Disney movie.

The Sword in the Stone is basically the story of Merlin teaching a young boy how to become the hero King Arthur. If you know the story, you'll probably enjoy the movie, and if you don't know the story, you should definitely watch the movie and learn it. Either way, I recommend seeing this movie.

This movie doesn't have as many songs as some of the other Disney movies, but the songs in the movie are a lot of fun. This movie is also more fun than most of the other Disney movies.

I wish Sword in the Stone a lot of luck for the animation list. Its going to need it.

Unfortunately Sword in the Stone didn't make my animation list, but a few of my Disney childhood favorites were removed from my list before I submitted it, so that's not saying anything bad about the movie.

The animation list was one of the few lists that I used strategy to remove some movies because I was having such a hard time deciding what to remove. I removed a few movies that I would like to have included, but I'm hoping that they won't need my help to make the list. Some of my other movies probably still won't make the list, but I'm hoping with a little help, they might at least make the bottom half of the list.

It Happened at the World's Fair (1963)

I like Elvis Presley's music, but I'm not a big fan of his movies, so I really only watched It Happened at the World's Fair for the 1963 movie list.

The movie is okay. It has a good combination of fun, romance, and drama, but it's not a great movie. However, it's one of the better Elvis Presley movies that I've seen, but that's not saying much.

The music is great, so if you're a fan of Elvis Presley, it's worth watching just for the music.

3 Days to Kill

Not the best written Luc Besson film but it was still solid. I thought Kevin Costner was pretty good in it as well, pulling off a CIA assassin quite well. Amber Heard seemed inrelevant to the story and they could have used a no name actor to play her part. I liked the Paris location as well. There was a balance of comedy, action and drama, the scenes with the family living in his house were refreshing. Overall a decent movie a few flaws in the plot which I don't want to spoil for anyone all I will say it just seemed all too convenient.

3.5/5 Stars

It does have a young Kurt Russell kicking Elvis in the shin.

Kurt Russell did a lot of good movies when he was young. I liked him in the Disney live action movies.

But it's kind of strange that I don't care for most of his movies since he became an adult.

4th movie:

25th Hour (2002)

With: Edward Norton, Philip Seymour, Rosario Dawson

I'm not quite sure if the ending dissapointed me or I liked it. I like closed endings but with Nolan I started opening up for other type of endings so.. I guess it was alright.

This film is about self finding, looking back and forth in time and choices. Is about moments, about those who make memory, about decisions that can change nothing and change it all, because we make some decisions so fast we don't realize some might want to stick for a solid 7 years, or 20, or a lifetime.

I loved the movie. I'm looking forward to re-watching it in a few months or years. Just like Good Will Hunting, I believe I'll love it again. Only time will tell.

Also for those who don't want to read that ^

Acting was great, definitely the dialogue was great, and the storyline was solid, the soundtrack was good, the dog is cute. The ending is, different. It's a very powerful film, and really, worth a shot.

I loved it.

Unregistered User

Combat Shock

Depressed Vietnam vet struggling to adapt back home and living a pretty awful and meaningless life. Loses all sense of reality and takes matters into his own hands.

Not the hardest watch ive ever experienced in my life but it is certainly bleak, depressing, gory and has a disturbing storyline.

I actually didn't even realise under half way through that it was released by Troma, although it definitely has that 'feel' to it.

Will appeal to some on this site so if you're into this kinda thing then give it a go, just don't be expecting a masterpiece, however as a b movie I think it works quite well.

Do you mean the kid from the first season of "Boy Meets World"?

It kind of looks like him, but since the movie is from 1963, and he wasn't born until 1981, it's probably not him.
It was a joke.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - 7/10

I 100% saw this film because of the dance number at the barn raising that Citizen Rules posted way back in that "Why Do People Hate Musicals" thread. Although I'm starting to come around a bit to the idea of them, I have historically disliked musicals across the board. This one... well, it's a mixed bag, that's for sure. The two main leads have obscenely good, operatic voices with the perfect amount of vibrato (not enough to obscure their lines, but more than enough to add a rich, layered texture to their singing). The choreography, especially for the barn raising scene, is just as amazing. The plot, however, is more than a little problematic: starting off as seemingly a Western retelling Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, it quickly progresses into the protagonists kidnapping the town's womenfolk under the belief of "they really like / want it, even if they say that they don't," detaining them in isolation for an extended period of time, and then being forcibly wed after apparently succumbing to Stockholm Syndrome. I know it's a comedy, and I try to keep that in mind, but the plot... it still has issues.

American History X - 8/10

Birdman was sadly postponed to tonight, so when I asked which of the movies that I had rented we should watch instead, my girlfriend stopped me the second I said "Edward Norton as a skinhead." It was a great film showing how racism is passed down through the generations, and the destruction it causes to both the victim and the racist. I felt that the ending, although effective, was a bit of a misfire: that the film would have ended on a stronger note if Norton's character had died while trying to amend his laundry list of past wrongs (or perhaps because of the revenge of the black gang whose members he had previously killed), while his brother voices over with the conclusion to his paper. Still a great film, but I feel that it easily could have been better.

Also, it bugged the Hell out of me why it was called American History X. I had to look that up afterwards to figure out what the X was referencing (Generation X, as it turns out).

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Thank God it's 'Mirrors' you didn't like. I was afraid you didn't like 'Mirror'.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.