Recommendations: Animated Films

Tools    

I watched Spirited Away and Mononoke. I have Totoro ready to watch. What next from Ghibli?
Mononoke was my favorite. But I recommend Howl's Moving Castle next, it's my second favorite.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Not sure if either of these have been posted yet:

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I thought everybody's seen Balance. It's like one of the most known shorts. Haha. Figures it's not.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Wreck it Ralph
Justice League Doom
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - My childhood movie, haven't seen it in a while but its a classic...by the way, its partially animated but still animated nonetheless.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - My childhood movie, haven't seen it in a while but its a classic...by the way, its partially animated but still animated nonetheless.
Partially animated, yes and also a very good movie, but the purpose of this thread is to give people recommendations of what to watch before they vote on the upcoming MoFo Top Animated Films Countdown. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is not eligible for voting.

There's an Oscar-winning short called Logorama that I'd recommend for everyone. It's a not-so-subtle look at advertising, set in a world made up almost entirely of logos, that features Ronald McDonald being chased by a Michelin Man police squad. Check it out below:

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I don't know that this film would make much sense without having played the game. I'm not sure that it's even a good film on its own merits, without the weight of hours and hours spent playing and loving the game behind it. Even with that it doesn't approach the levels of awesome that the game possessed. But it's probably the closest thing to it you can get.
This is one I am considering as well. I couldn't tell you if it makes sense without playing the game either because I loved playing Final Fantasy. I miss that game so much.

I still think it's one people should check out wether or not they played the game.

People should check out the game, then watch the movie
This. I doubt i'd have liked this as much if i hadn't completed FF7 multiple times. I don't really play video games anymore but overall; FF7 is probably my favourite ever game (not very original i know ). I even bought it for the PS3 when it just came out, and went as far as beating the Emerald Weapon again.

While it could work for some who have never played the game. For me the Sephiroth-Cloud relationship, Aeris death, Geneva, etc, aren't explained well enough in the film for people who didn't play the game to enjoy it as much. Even small things like Clouds use of the Buster Sword and Omnislash work alot better if you've played the game.

Good shout btw Thursday Next i hadn't even considered this.

While i'm in a rare posting mood...

Magnetic Rose, which is one of the three shorts in Memories is pretty decent. If you're able to track it down I recommend giving it a crack.

Wolf Children was a huge surprise for me. I defiantly recommend that one.

Also Linklater's Waking Life is one hell of an experience, really good too.

And Coraline, one of the best stop-motion animated films!

Lord High Filmquisitor
There've been a lot of great DC movies from this year, particularly Justice League: War and Batman: Assault on Arkham. Last year's Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was likewise fantastic.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I haven't had time to watch it yet but The Secret of Kells (2009) looks really interesting:

Little Witch Academia
- Fantastic animation
- Awesome audio quality

All in all, it's quite short, but it packed full of quality entertainment

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I was not going to include any short on my list but after watching these, I will probably include 2 or 3:

9/10

10/10